Closed Thread
    Registered User asinghaboveking's Avatar
    asinghaboveking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Been trying to build muscle for over a year with no results - can someone help me?

Hi guys I am an 18 year old male. I'm 6'4 and weigh about 155 lbs. Ive been working out for over a year, al most two years now, and dont know what to do. I am trying to gain weight, but i want that weight to be muscle. My goal weight right now is 175 lbs.

I've been using this workout by Jeremy Lapro, which I am unable to post the link to (it's on bodybuilding.com), and the diet plan associated with it. I am a vegetarian, but I do not eat eggs and I eat dairy. I have all the equipment that i need to do any exercise.

Can someone point me to a good workout regimen and diet that can help me achieve my goal weight?

Thank you in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have you gained any weight? If not, eat more. So long as you have a small but consistent calorie surplus and you get enough protein and train hard, that is 99% of what you need to know.

You should probably at least estimate your protein intake. Put a typical days food into fitday.com. You probably need at least 140g of protein per day. Lentils, milk, yogurt, beans, nuts, wholegrains - all these things will help.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you have no restlus because you are 6'4" and weight 155 lbs. With your frame you need to really pack on the weight, like Suffolk said...small consistance cal increase will do you wonders.
    OG

Registered User asinghaboveking's Avatar
    asinghaboveking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys. Is the workout program i am following a good program? Or is there something else that is better for me?

lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quit being a vegetarian... im serious you aren't a female are you? If you want to look like a man eat like one I am serious about that too.

startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by asinghaboveking View Post
    Hi guys I am an 18 year old male. I'm 6'4 and weigh about 155 lbs. Ive been working out for over a year, al most two years now, and dont know what to do. I am trying to gain weight, but i want that weight to be muscle. My goal weight right now is 175 lbs.

I've been using this workout by Jeremy Lapro, which I am unable to post the link to (it's on bodybuilding.com), and the diet plan associated with it. I am a vegetarian, but I do not eat eggs and I eat dairy. I have all the equipment that i need to do any exercise.

Can someone point me to a good workout regimen and diet that can help me achieve my goal weight?

Thank you in advance.

At 6'4 175 will still be pretty small imo.

You need to eat more. Its going to be pretty tough getting all the calories and protein you need being a vegetarian. Unless you have a solid reason or are convinced morally, then you should rethink that. If not whole milk should become your best friend.

Also your not going to just gain muscle weight, you will gain fat as well, which you will cut later on.

Registered User AlwaysBeShepard's Avatar
    AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlwaysBeShepard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thank you in advance.
    is this your routine? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/justin2.htm

If so, I stopped reading when I saw "Work each body part once per week."
    That is not optimal for a beginner lifter (which I'm certain you are, regardless of how long you think you've been lifting).
    For optimal gains each muscle should be trained as frequently as possible, which is why full body routines are so effective for beginners.
    I strongly recommend you start doing All Pro's Beginner Routine.

As for your diet, you need to eat as much protein as you can. Since you are vegetarian not vegan it shouldn't be too difficult, drink lots of milk. You would benefit greatly from whey protein supplements because you can't get the protein from meat. Anywhere from 100-130g of protein should be fine at your current bodyweight.
    If you don't want to be bothered with counting calories, just eat as much as you can. Weight yourself regularly and aim to gain about 0.5-1lb per week. If you don't gain weight fast enough, eat more, simple as that. If you gain weight too fast you will be putting on more fat than you need to so you should eat slightly less.

It's practically impossible to gain muscle without gaining a bit of fat, so just accept that fat gains will happen, but if you keep your weight gain between 0.5-1lb per week it should give you a better ratio of muscle:fat gained.

The only way to gain weight is to eat more calories than your body uses. If you're gaining weight and you're getting enough protein and training effectively (i.e. progressing with your lifts and getting stronger) you will gain muscle.

Good luck!

edit: also, ignore this *******:
    Originally Posted by lightweight180 View Post
    quit being a vegetarian... im serious you aren't a female are you? If you want to look like a man eat like one I am serious about that too.
    You will never come up against a greater adversary than your own potential.

lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightweight180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me a ******* all you want but the kid isn't eating and it would certainly help to add red meat to his little pathetic diet. Where do you get your saturated fat?? I flat out guarantee he barely eats over 2k calories and most likely hasn't progressed on weights in quite some time.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank you in advance.
    Its pretty simple...Eat more food.

If you really want to gain muscle, I'd suggest stop being a vegetarian, youre making it a lot harder on yourself

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lightweight180 View Post
    Call me a ******* all you want but the kid isn't eating and it would certainly help to add red meat to his little pathetic diet. Where do you get your saturated fat?? I flat out guarantee he barely eats over 2k calories and most likely hasn't progressed on weights in quite some time.
    Much as I love meat, you can get all the nutrients you need without eating it. Besides, OPs reasons for being vege may be religious.

Berber5985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would check out:
    veganbodybuilding

Also, meat protein is king in regards to quality of protein to pack on muscle, but it can be done without meat. Meat sources of protein are complete proteins whereas proteins from veggies are incomplete proteins and therefore you have to eat a large variety of different veggies/legumes/nuts (beans, quinoa, and many other sources) to make complete protein chains. So with that being said, I'm not a vegan, but I know a few who are and that's why I posted the site above. It may have more info in what you're looking for. Good luck!

GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GFreedom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are not eating enough. This happened to me in the past. Add an extra 500 calories a day, then up it to an extra 1000. Trust me.
    www.artofselfhood.com

EspavoFit1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you in advance.
    It's as simple as eating more. If you get with a nutritionist, they will be able to tell you what you need to do to gain. I'd speak with a professional.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by startstopping View Post
    At 6'4 175 will still be pretty small imo.
    Yeah I have to agree with this. I'm going for 240, just to look like I lift.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EspavoFit1 View Post
    It's as simple as eating more. If you get with a nutritionist, they will be able to tell you what you need to do to gain. I'd speak with a professional.
    Strong first post and very strong bump....
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jwtiger69 View Post
    Strong first post and very strong bump....
    hes really worried this guy still doesnt have his diet in check