Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dudeman's Log - Time to Get Legit!

Hey folks,

Background:
    Been a solid lurker for about a year now. Started casually lifting about 5 years ago and running 3 years ago. My goal has always been to loose fat which stemmed from my gyno which has made me horribly self conscious my whole life (insert rest of sob story here...moobssss). Went through typical stages of being clueless, spinning my wheels, wondering WHY me, binging, alcoholism, thinking my body could never be lean, deciding I just don't want it bad enough.....you name it! This had progressed into really loving to challenge myself and go beyond and just constantly improve myself and work hard. I am obviously still learning, and hope none of you find this post ignorant or a waste of your time.

Please review my basic information described below. I want to provide enough information without going into needless detail that just clutters things. I have used allot of the typical online calculators as well as my own spreadsheets...I have found the three most common methods for calculation are all fairly close for me (+- 200cal for BMR).

Current Caloric Intake Status:
    "Cutting"

Current Body Stats:
    Weight Total: 182lbs
    Height: 5'11''
    Estimated BF: 23%
    Job: Desk Job (Sedentary)
    Gym: 5 times per week
    Running: Varies each week. 5-20 miles per week.
    Stacks: EC + Green Tea Extract

Current Nutritional Stats Calculated:
    Method Used: Katch-McArdle
    BMR: 1745 cal/day
    TDEE (1.2x) : 2090 cal/day

Daily Calories (deficit of 15%): 1780 cal/day

Proteins (1 per lb LBM): 140 g/day
    Fats (.45 per lb LBM): 63 g/day
    Carbohydrates: 163 g/day

Comments:
    I am continually improving my ability to follow my calorie goals. I am a religious Myfitnesspal user, I weigh all of my food and I do NOT miss an ounce during the week. If I eat it. I put it in my log. Period. Weekends are difficult but everyone knows that. I started IF this week after reading allot of the Leangains site and thus far I am enjoying it allot. Really excited to put it to use and I think it will also help me on weekends when away from home.

How I Account For Activity:
    Now all of the above SHOULD be the typical method to loose weight (correct me if I am wrong). I have tried to add a level of "detail" by using Runkeeper to track all of my aerobic activity. Now before you tell me it is just wrong or inaccurate, I have used a verity of sites (all from this forum) to cross-reference the calories burned during my runs with what Runkeeper reports. Runkeeper is within 5% of most sites, therefore I am inclined to trust it (as with anything I assume it is an overestimate). For example after a 4 mile run during my lunch hour (450-500cal), the program will load this deficit into my daily calorie allotment on Myfitnesspal. I will then (AFTER meeting my Proteins and Fats) allow myself more food if I desire, but I usually keep some of that deficit for the weekend since I like to eat out. Does this make sense? I feel it is a good way to adjust my TDEE without just using a basic multiplication factor such as 1.4 or 1.3. This way I feel my ever changing running schedule is integrated into my overall calorie tracking for each/day with some degree of accuracy.

Progress:
    After using the above method of accounting for my activity, I have been averaging about 1800-1900cal per day for the past month. My weight has dropped slightly but nothing drastic. I am expecting a slow loss so I feel I am on track. I also recently discovered Layne Norton's website and find his theory on slowly coming in and out of cutting intriguing. I want to try and implement this going forward. I obviously need to do more research (always brahs).

Conclusion:
    Please feel free to offer any advice or just tell me things looks good/bad. I am in this for the long haul and really like experimenting/getting to know how my body reacts over time. That is one thing I have learned...to be more patient every day. I hope to someday be able to regulate things with great efficiency. Oh and lets not forget lose the moobs...effin hell thebadfeels.

Progress Photos:

To Come...Still NOOB status. See uploaded pictures in my BodySpace for now.

Thanks allot for spending the time to take a look.

Walker
    -Beta Obsessed With Improvement-
    U Mad Brah?

Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dudeman258 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Update:

Decided to slowly up my cals 100day for the next 4 weeks or so and eliminate my the EC stack in effort to find true TDEE. Another motive for this is I will be travelling to Chili in 2 weeks for a rafting trip and I am unsure about what my diet options will be for the duration (15 days). Aiming for 2000/day this week. Not really anticipating much of a change in weight since my deficit was not super severe. Also have scaled back my running activity. Going to aim for 1-1.5hrs a week instead of my usual 3+. This has not been hard since it has been snowing down here in NC. Really wanting to be leaner for the upcoming summer but we will see how things progress here in the next few months. Plan to come back down again in cals after this little derivation.
    -Beta Obsessed With Improvement-
    U Mad Brah?