Thread: Day 4, no keto.

blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 4, no keto.

On day four now, and still nothing.

INFO:

Eating around 2000 cal. 65/30/5

I wont type out each meal, but ill tell ya the kinds of foods im eating right now.

-broc n cheese ( I just get the frozen kind, its way easier)
    -ground beef (88/12, the Costco kind since I work there, I eat a lot this)
    -butter
    -Eggs (at least 4 a day, sometimes more)
    -almonds (I don't care for almond so I might switch them out for something else)
    -cheese (pretty much everything except for the sliced cheese, seems less processed cutting right off the block)
    -natty PB (think its like 5g net after fiber is subtracted)
    -pepperoni
    -salami
    -Canadian bacon
    -turkey bacon
    -salad with full fat ranch with slivered almonds chicken/turkey/ham (the crunch from the almonds is nice, try it)

I know I need more greens in there, im going to add in another salad. I still need to grab some coconut oil and olive oil as well, haven't had too much time to get to store.

Okay so im pissing on the keto stick and I get one of two results:
    A.) Negative, usually when I drink a lot of water, which is always.
    B.) Trace amounts, when I haven't drank much water (usually cuz of work).

Keto symptoms:
    metallic breath-no (not that I can tell)
    Piss-yes I guess it is pretty putrid since I started this.
    Sluggish-mother of god yes!!

So either im in ketosis, and im thinking wayyy too much about the keto sticks, or im just not for some reason???????

Another thing, I do eat melatonin before bed for sleep, that's like 3g sugars right there, but I promise im UNDER 25g/day.

Can anyone tell from the signs/symptoms I have? First time doing this.
    Previous: 270+ lbs.
    down to 165 +/-

Current: 190 lbs.

blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Update:

Day 5: I do feel like I have more energy today. Still not reading on the stick tho. So who knows. Another piece of info, im dropping a deuce maybe every two days now. Normal?

Anyways, ill be back on my regular workout schedule tomorrow, as I feel like I shouldn't have too many problems. I did chest/tri/delts once since ive been on the diet and I was embarrassed for myself. My weights dropped at least a good 15%. It was horrendous.

We'll see how tomorrow goes and ill keep you guys updated.
    down to 165 +/-

Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubbarossa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio will help or up it a bit if you're doing some already. Get over having crap workouts for a bit until your body adjusts.

Watch the amount of almonds, PB, and I'd check the broc, could be some carbs in there.

If you're showing a trace amount, that means you're in ketosis. I only showed more than trace a few times.

You should probably supplement with a fiber drink or some quest bars to make sure you're getting enough fiber.

edit: when I first started keto I kept my carbs as low as possible...some people can handle more some less. Cardio was the big push when trying to get into ketosis for me.

LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Few things

1 - The sticks measure ketone bodies your body isnt using. Even in ketosis you can register negative on the sticks, they aren't that useful.

2 - When you start keto it speeds up the process going about 80/20/0.

3 - Be sure to measure the amount of carbs in what you're eating. Less carbs the better, ESPECIALLY when starting out. Ham, brocoli, lettuce, cheese, PB, etc..all have carbs. Make sure you aren't consuming too many.

When in keto you'll feel great (most likely), not sluggish at all. Full energy, and completely full.

Take your time

Oh, and as stated above, cardio/a nice endurance workout helps blow through the glycogen already stored up to help with the process.

PS - don't skimp out on the fats. too much protein in the beginning can slow down your adaption.
    NGN - Lead Forum Rep

GIVEAWAY THREAD -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159500271

LOGGING OPPORTUNITY THREAD -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161618453

Thanks guys, yea after doing some more reading I came to the conclusion that the sticks aren't really all that reliable. As far as my PB goes;

1 scoop ON protein with water and two Tblspn PB is my breakfast every morning, that's the only PB I get. I literally will throw up if I eat solids when I first wake up. Ive always been that way. So I keep it liquid. Plus its quick. I think that comes out to like 11g carbs total.
    down to 165 +/-

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blazer326 View Post
    Anyways, ill be back on my regular workout schedule tomorrow, as I feel like I shouldn't have too many problems. I did chest/tri/delts once since ive been on the diet...
    Screw cardio. ^ this is your problem. Get back into your workouts to deplete your glycogen. Think squats and deadlifts and rows.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Little progress here. What do ya think? I leaned out fairly fast (not even close to where I wanna be tho), im at around 2000cal/day. You guys think that's too low?

EDIT: Before pic was at around 195ish, second im at around 190. Also, using accumeasure calipers and charts, it gives me a BF of 18%????? I feel like that's kinda questionable. I mean, I know im not super low like most everyone else around here, but 18%???
    Attached Images
    down to 165 +/-