Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

InnerBuilder Offseason - Growing Mentally and Physically

Welcome to my reverse dieting and offseason log

18 days ago I finished my first contest preparation which I competed in two shows, one massive achievement and experience. Would recommend to anyone as you will learn so much about bodybuilding and mostly about yourself!

During my contest and first shows I have learnt a lot about bodybuilding and my body, bringing discipline to a new level whilst working hard. I also have made many followers/friends which supported me all the way all thanks to this forum

My previous log –http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...461073&page=35

Weight of my show was – 63.6kg (140.2lbs)
    I started after my show with 200p / 120c / 45f which has is my starting point and 3 x 20 minute moderate cardio with 2 HIIT session
    Week 1 – upped carbs by 10 and dropped cardio to 3x15 minutes with 2 HIIT sessions
    Week 2 – upped carbs by 20 and dropped cardio to 3x10 minutes with 2 HIIT sessions

I have just had a week off weight training and it was very much enjoyed, hopefully I will do this more often, now to start my offseason training.
    Weight today -63.3kg (139.5lbs) – My weight may be slightly lower but certainly feeling fuller and not very tight

My offseason training
    5/3/1

Maxes being set at
    Squat - 110kg (242lbs)
    Bench - 100kg (220lbs)
    OHP - 55kg (121lbs)
    Deadlifts - 150kg (330lbs)

Warm up – 25 Pull ups

Bench
    5/3/1 bench press
    Barbell bench press – 5 x 10 at 50%
    Flys – 5 x 10 (dumbbell or cable flys)
    Bodyweight dips – 5 x 10

Squat
    5/3/1 squat
    Squat – 5 x 10 at 50%
    Leg extensions – 5 x 10
    Leg curls or straight leg deadlifts – 5 x 10
    Calve raises – 5 x 10

Deadlifts
    5/3/1 deadlifts
    Deadlifts – 5 x 10 at 50%
    Lat pulldown – 5 x 10
    Seated row – 5 x 10

OHP
    5/3/1 OHP
    OHP – 5 x 10 at 50%
    Side raises – 3 x 10
    Biceps and triceps

I am going to see how the assistance work goes and may adapt it.

Goals:
    Deadlift 220kg (440lbs), this is a very long term goal
    Grow especially my lats and legs
    Become mentally stronger and focused
    Build a great metabolism

Last edited by Ccm644; 05-31-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Nabba 5th May 2013 - First Show

Alarm went off at 5:30 AM, we put the first coat of dream tan on at 6 AM which when I opened the pot I thought no way is this going to cover me but it went on really well whilst the first coat was drying I was revising for my exam and also I started my food which started with a nice bit of steak and pasta. We then put on one more coat of dream tan which once again went on really well and was starting to look better. Going to the show was myself, my girlfriend Kelly, my brother Darren, my dad Carl, and my grandad Derek, it was great as we all got into one car. I had a sheet between me and Kelly so I didn’t get her covered in dream tan! we left at 10:30 AM and arrived at the car park at 11:30 AM, the car park was directly underneath the theatre and the doors opened at 11:30 AM with the contest starting at 1 PM. We sat down as I didn’t want to be walking around on my legs my family were with me and the mistake I made is I did not bring my water bottle, therefore Kelly and Darren went to got me some water. I then joined the queue for signing in the queue was quite long I was there for around 30 minutes. I was speaking to a bloke competing in Mr class to it was really interesting speaking so on else that enjoys a sport he gave me some advice which was

• rest your legs
    • eat well
    • don’t get too caught up standing and chatting as you will want to be resting adds much as possible

anyway I got called to the front because I was a junior and I was number six as there were six competitors within the junior class and I also handed in my music to them I had my ID as in the rules it says you need to produce ID but they looked at me and laughed. I then went back to see the family and they got their tickets for the seats it was now 12 PM and me Kelly and Darren went backstage which we should of done before but I did not realise we were able to. I was very surprised that I was allowed people but backstage with me. They tanned me up, Darren making sure it went on properly had to stop slapping it in so hard as I was beginning to go red from him! It was starting to get very busy with many other competitors one competitor sat next to me looking pumped up but he hadn’t even started pumping… He said to me I was looking good which gave me some great confidence and someone else also said my conditioning looks very good so hearing that from two people was great.

It was coming up to show time so I got myself pumped up and ready for 1 o’clock at 1:10 we got called up. So I was backstage and then said they’re not ready to go, so back we went back and tried to keep my pump at 1.20 they called us back backstage and it was freezing. About ten minutes later we were all called on stage and did the quarter turns then was lead off stage.
    This got me big time as I was expecting the quarter turns then mandatories and then in the evening show the competitors routines.
    But it went quarter turns, routines then mandatories. Anyway so I was number 6 (last) having to wait for about ten minutes before I was on stage to do my routine, competitor number 3 had his music messed up by the organiser and then mine was messed up and they said do you want no music so I said put whatever you want on.

My confidence was killed by this having a routine to a song that was only beats so I could hit each pose to a beat, so my mind was blank with the mess up and I didn’t really know what I was doing but I felt I showed what I wanted to show. We then went out for the mandatories and there was four rounds of them and I was in every round , that felt good. Posing was quick and nothing could prepare you for it. The lights are so bright and pretty hot but because the lights were so bright you couldn’t see everyone which helped my confidence. I had a little trouble getting into lat poses because the dream tan is so so slippery and I couldn’t grip the skin properly.

We then got told they will see us at six. In the junior class I was short compared to the rest but every junior had a great body/package with them and it was a good class. I didn’t know what was happening at 6.30pm so I asked some others who told me that exactly the same was going to happen as what I just did. We watched the other groups and there was some big people, Kelly and Darren went and got some lunch for themselves while my dad and grandand went to the pub. I stayed as wanted to rest and I keep falling asleep they come back and we had to leave the room for the evening show to be prepared. Myself Kelly and Darren went on the roof and chatted and I also did some revision, it was a lovely day. Before we knew it we had to go back and get ready. This went well only patching the tan up and pumping up, we got called up and was told that they are going to push it and we only have 60 seconds for our routine instead of 90 seconds.

We all did our posing routine were my music ****ed up again and then the awards were being given out. I knew that there was no chance I had 1st or 2nd because I just did not have the size or height. 3rd was called and my heart hit my mouth and I was so disappointed I dint get 3rd as I know I wasn’t good enough to get the others. So I was awarded a medal for taking part. I am waiting for the results to be published online after third place so I can see where I came out of the whole 6

It did hit me hard at first but man was the whole day so enjoyable with the family and meeting other bodybuilders whilst having a smile all day.
    I spoke to a judge who said the juniors was very good this year and the conditioning was there and posing was good but I lacked overall size. He said you have to keep doing what your doing because its working and size comes with years of training, keep at it!!

Afterwards we drove home, had a shower and went out for a meal. I didn’t order anything but then ordered piri piri chicken, it come with chips and at the end I picked up 3 crispy chips to eat them but my girlfriend said you would beat yourself up about it which is true so they went back on the plate. Everyone had dessert but I had a diet coke. Was a great day

I have to say thank you to all you guys and the support and help you have given me for these 20 weeks has been amazing

I have to thank Kelly and Darren I could of not had the same success without their help so thanks guys.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

UKBFF - 12th May - 2nd Show

Woke up at 6.30am got another coat of pro tan on which was my 8th coat, pro tan is certainly very time consuming and you need patience with it. I personally think dream tan is a lot better and easier.

I then started eating at 9am as I am on later. We left the house around 11 after I did a little pump up and was dry. I felt very ready and looking forward to the day were I knew there was going to be some big guys today.

Got there a little to early and said in the car chilling until I could go in.
    It was very official and different compared to NABBA, when I walked in I got my tan checked by someone rubbing it to see if it come off

I saw one person about my membership then another to get a band then to hand my music in and finally to give them my name and were I trained

After that sat with my feet up to, speaking to a junior who was pretty tall and big was nice to talk to but at 18 i was pretty amazed

at around half past one there was a competitors meeting to go through everything about the lay out etc

Was nice to have clear instructions about the day

After the meeting went straight back stage to get pumped up, we was told we was not aloud anyone with us back stage but some people did

I was in there and everyone was huge, I actually found it funny in a way how some of these guys were the size they were at there age, I knew I didn't have much chance but no one should put me down my hand was going to be high no matter what and proud I was to get myself there

I wasn't sure of the time but I got upstairs and there were some very nice officials that come up and said good luck guys you all look good, so that was very respectful of them

Then the music man come up and once again music ****ed up. I checked this one even more than the last one but I said please put on anything with a nice beat

We went on there was 7 of us and I was number 1 were we did two rounds of quarter turns, then went onto the mandatories. We did 2 rounds of mandatories, but didnt do most muscular. We were all on stage being judged as a whole group rather than being split up.

Next we then did our individual routines... Again my music didnt work... Did what I could though

After my class finished, went to watch the other competitors for a little ... Otherwise been chilling and eating steadily for the evening show at 7.30pm. Been sat in the car for a little and went to McDonalds to get a hot chocolate for the girlfriend

Evening show was meant to begin at 6.30pm but at 6.30pm there was no chance of that and no one could help

Went back stage at around 7pm for the man to say juniors will be on in 10 minutes this was at around 7.50pm

Then he come back a second later and says go upstairs as your going on but instead we stayed upstairs for a good 10 mins. Went on and hit the mandatory poses, hold my hands up and say I had no chance, knew that from the morning, I was out to enjoy myself and meet other people.

We walked off stage and the top 3 got called back and they said this has not happened in a long time, but was so close between the top three that we invite you all to the British finals... So it shows how good the competitors were in this class.

I said thank you to all the organisers and competitors although some of them were damn right arrogant.

Took some pictures with my girlfriend as she helped me today which I'm very thankful for went out for a meal and I know it's a mind game that always plays on me, but I really tried to break the barrier down and did have a nice meal. I got 5 chips down me! With some chicken and salad and even let myself have some sauce !

But now I feel like sh!t and that was not even pushing the boat out. It amazes me how much you guys can binge after a show, but full respect to you!!

Show Pictures

Before and After

Back double biceps
    Before

After

Abs and thigh
    Before:

After

Chest side pose
    Before:

After

Side tricep
    Before:

After:

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You know I am in brother!

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Was just gonna say the exact same thing.

And you know this!!!
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont be afraid to eat! You need to really fill our your frame with muscle. Start eating and growing, and keep that 7000km of cycling down a week haha

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In for the gainzzzzzzz!!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    In for the gainzzzzzzz!!
    In for Curjo to be back in business too!!!

Olympic Lifting Log:

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Soon, stay tuned!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Ditto - I am in for all of it! Kill it Dean!!

Was just gonna say the exact same thing.

And you know this!!!
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Dont be afraid to eat! You need to really fill our your frame with muscle. Start eating and growing, and keep that 7000km of cycling down a week haha
    In for the gainzzzzzzz!!
    Soon, stay tuned!
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Ditto - I am in for all of it! Kill it Dean!!
    Thank you for all following

Certainly need Curjo back!

Cycling has stopped for now as uni has stopped but it will be back before i know it

30.5.13 and 31.5.13

Bench
    25 pull ups

5/3/1 bench press - 5,5,5
    77.5kg (171lbs), 82.5kg (182lbs), 87.5kg (193lbs)

Barbell bench press – 5 x 10
    52.5kg (115lbs)

Cable Flys – 5 x 10
    30kg(66lbs) each arm

Bodyweight dips – 5 x 10

Cardio - 10 minutes

This was a hard session, think its because i have had a week off and haven't in so long
    Hit all reps and 5x10 i did some tempo work with
    Afterwards my upper body was killed

Squat
    5/3/1 squat - 5, 5, 5
    85kg (187lbs), 90kg (198lbs), 95kg (209lbs)

Squat – 5 x 10 at 50%
    55kg (121lbs)

Leg extensions – 5 x 10
    35kg (77lbs) - 1 sets
    37.5kg (83lbs) - 4 sets

Leg curls – 5 x 10
    37.5kg (83lbs) - 2 sets
    40kg (88lbs) - 3 sets

Calve raises – 5 x 10
    80kg (176lbs)

Cardio - 10 minutes

Today was another hard session, giving i have to walk out away from the squat rack because im too short ha
    The leg curl machine at this gym is great
    Got through it and felt it

Great session to start

Keep it simple as simple works -this is true

Does the squat rack not have adjustable height?

Or, does the gym not have a power rack? I usually squat in the rack. It makes my life easier.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Does the squat rack not have adjustable height?

Or, does the gym not have a power rack? I usually squat in the rack. It makes my life easier.

I'm at a different gym than usual and it had a non adjustable squat rack which is to high for me

It's a la fitness and its crap

But for a weeks free trail while I try and find a good summer gym I can't complain

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Soon, stay tuned!
    Im awaiting!

How are you liking 5/3/1 so far Dean? I know it is still a bit early.

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Definitely in for all kinds of gainzzz
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Deadlifts day -refeed day

Warm up - 25 pull ups

Cardio - HIIT

5/3/1 deadlifts
    5 -112.5kg (248lbs)
    5 - 120kg (264lbs)
    5 - 130kg (286lbs)

Deadlifts – 5 x 10 at 75kg (165lbs)

Lat pulldown – 5 x 10
    50kg (110lbs) - 3 x 10
    55kg (121lbs) - 2 x 10

Seated row – 5 x 10
    50kg (110lbs) - 4 x 10
    55kg (121lbs) - 1 x 10

Here is a video of 130kg (286lbs)

To me i am not happy with the form, i need my arse and hips down more

These were better at 50%

Please comment on form

Except for form it was a good session, hiit was very hard!

OHP day

Warm up - 25 pull ups

Cardio - HIIT

5/3/1 OHP
    5 - 42.5kg (94lbs)
    5 - 45kg (99lbs)
    8 - 47.5kg (105lbs)

OHP – 5 x 10 at 50% - 27.5kg (61lbs)

Side raises
    12kg (26lbs) 3x8

Lay down cable curls
    40kg (88lbs) - 12, 12, 9
    30kg (66lbs) - 15, 15, 15

Cable side raisies
    10kg (22bs) - 6, 10, 10

One arm pulldown
    25kg (55lbs) - 12, 10
    20kg (44lbs) - 13

Hammer curls
    14kg (31lbs) - 8, 7, 7

Good day today, arms and legs were dead as hit 4 days in a row to get 4 in this week but from now i will have rest inbetween

Good start to 5/3/1, did find it pretty hard this week i think this is because i had a week off

timing myself between 50% to have 45 seconds or 60 second rest and its a good killer

Im awaiting!

How are you liking 5/3/1 so far Dean? I know it is still a bit early.
    I may add assistant work a bit more but for now i think its a routine you have to get into for progress, slow and steady

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    Definitely in for all kinds of gainzzz
    Thank you

No training today,

Had a 5 mile cycle with Kelly in the sun, got a drink too

Was nice

Also had another interview today

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool to see how much your posing improved! Nice work bud.

I'm in
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000)
    you took the week off after your show and came back same weight/lighter?

Did you count macros during the deload? cardio?

Also curious to compare your starting offseason macros of 200p/ 120c /45f with your lowest during prep...120g CHO for reverse still seems pretty low but not sure how low you got during prep.

Thanks and gl!
    Visit My Current Log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144888731

Are you doing HIIT everyday?? I thought you were reducing cardio? how much are you currently doing and how much have your bumped your macros?

You lost weight when you did not train for a week that should be a red flag on what you need to do.

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Cool to see how much your posing improved! Nice work bud.

I'm in
    Good to have you in!!!

Posing improved big time

Originally Posted by TheNaturalOak View Post
    you took the week off after your show and came back same weight/lighter?

Did you count macros during the deload? cardio?

Also curious to compare your starting offseason macros of 200p/ 120c /45f with your lowest during prep...120g CHO for reverse still seems pretty low but not sure how low you got during prep.

Thanks and gl!
    Thanks for stopping by

Ask away anytime

I went to Greece for a week off on the 21st and my last show was 12th. On holiday did 2 HIIT sessions and 3x10minute cardio, no weight training (on holiday i hit 2 new lows but think this was because of my water intake)

I counted my macros on holiday and didn't have my refeed for that week but eat out a few times instead

My lowest during prep was 40g carbs then a refeed meal every 3rd day

I am now on 165 grams carbs

upped by 15 today

Are you doing HIIT everyday?? I thought you were reducing cardio? how much are you currently doing and how much have your bumped your macros?

You lost weight when you did not train for a week that should be a red flag on what you need to do.
    I am doing 2 HIIT and 3 x 10 minutes cardio

Macros started at 200p / 120c / 45f

Now at 200p / 165c / 50f - 3 weeks later

You can get away with more than 50 calorie bumps, considering your weight has barley moved at all. Your in your prime few weeks here where the rebound is in full effect.

You can get away with more than 50 calorie bumps, considering your weight has barley moved at all. Your in your prime few weeks here where the rebound is in full effect.
    Sorry, what does that mean in

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Sorry, what does that mean in
    You have never heard of a contest prep rebound?
    The first few weeks coming off a diet are key, where you can increase kcals and lean out.
    The body is so prone to a long term diet that adding back in food is a getaway to help get leptin and hormone levels back to where they need to be. adding 10g of carbs post-show aint going to do jack, neither is 50-100 kcals, you should of bupmed at least 200kcals right out of the gate, and after your first week (where you lost weight) Should of added a bit more to boot (another 100kcal)

yes you want to grow, but your taking things way too slow on your rebound, look at the others you competed against and how small you were compared to them, cant expect to grow off 50 calorie bumps especially when your weight is not even moving in the right direction.

"LTDFLE stands for Long-Term Delayed Fat Loss Effect (I’d note that I have also seen a LTDGE which is a Long-Term Delayed Growth Effect but that’s another topic for another article). Basically, this is the phenomenon whereby fat loss continues to occur even after the diet has been ended and/or calories have been raised back towards/to maintenance or even above. In the same way that fitness sometimes continues to increase after the period of heavy loading, it’s almost as if there is some type of fat loss inertia whereby the diet continues working even after the person ends it."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...he-ltdfle.html

"During that time, and note that this only happens after fairly prolonged dieting, as calories are brought up, people continue to get visibly and measurably leaner. Skinfolds continue to drop, other measurements will continue to change in the direction of a decreased body fat."

My man Kyle Hunt wrote a very good article on it:

(Take out the space inbetween machine and muscle)

http://www.machine muscle.com/the-keys-to-a-successful-rebound-diet

drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew419 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As I am looking at your 5/3/1 workouts you may have over estimated your maxes...the program as I've read it says you should be hitting more than the prescribed reps on the last set, especially in the first week. Next week when you up the weight 5-10% you may not be able to hit the 3 reps if you were only able to do 5 with the current weight. Does that make sense?
    1st contest prep 2013: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153436561&p=1058962371&posted=1#post1058962371