lfrmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not Losing Weight

I gained weight last year and haven’t been able to get it off. I’m lifting consistently and started doing a 3 day a week full body workout routine that’s pretty basic. I’m 6’2” and 230-233lbs.

Is 2,500 calories too little? I definitely have extra fat to lose as I have a beer belly. I have cut drinking back and still didn’t see much loss. I should cut it back more (totally) because I actually eat pretty healthy and whole foods.

I want to get ahead with of the new year trends and set myself up for success … how extreme can I go calorie wise / diet wise to really kickstart fat loss?

I’m not too worried abt gaining a lot back quickly as the plan is to cut drinking entirely and my habits (outside of that) are pretty good

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're taking in too many calories on a weekly basis. Thats it, thats all there is to it.

Drop your calories further until you're losing 1-2 lbs per week.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You're taking in too many calories on a weekly basis. Thats it, thats all there is to it.

Drop your calories further until you're losing 1-2 lbs per week.

Thanks! For a 6’2” 30 year old man who’s 230-233lbs how big of a deficit do you think I could go (knowing that I do have a beer guy so there’s plenty of fat to spare)? My TDEE at 230 is 3,213 calories for maintenance

I saw some improvement briefly with 2,542 but also I think that may have been due to not taking creatine for a while and I’ve resumed it

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lfrmoore View Post
    Thanks! For a 6’2” 30 year old man who’s 230-233lbs how big of a deficit do you think I could go (knowing that I do have a beer guy so there’s plenty of fat to spare)? My TDEE at 230 is 3,213 calories for maintenance

I saw some improvement briefly with 2,542 but also I think that may have been due to not taking creatine for a while and I’ve resumed it
    Dude if you're not losing weight then you're not in a deficit at all, regardless of what you've calculated as your maintenance and whatever amount you think you're eating. Right now whatever you're eating is your maintenance calories - regardless of the specific #s.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dude if you're not losing weight then you're not in a deficit at all, regardless of what you've calculated as your maintenance and whatever amount you think you're eating. Right now whatever you're eating is your maintenance calories - regardless of the specific #s.
    Good point. I may go more extreme with 2,200-2,300. Any advice on what would be considered too much of a deficit ?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good point. I may go more extreme with 2,200-2,300. Any advice on what would be considered too much of a deficit ?
    If you mostly maintained weight at what you calculated was 2,500 calories (right or wrong), then 2,200-2,300 by your method of calculation should be fine.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you think you're eating 2500 calories thats fine (I guarantee you're taking in more than if you're not weighing and measuring every single thing that goes into your mouth using a food scale down to the gram), but nevertheless you should drop at least 500 cals from what you're eating right now.

That is not extreme, in fact thats a fairly minimal deficit. If you were say losing 4-5 lbs per week that would be extreme, but since you're not losing anything right now we can surmise that you're not in a deficit at all and you're eating at maintenance, and thus you're actually likely taking in 3000+ cals a day.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 12-09-2023 at 10:50 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're most likely taking in more calories than you think on a weekly basis. drop 2,000 calories per week and track more accurately
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100) naobuild is not very well liked. (-100)
    Whether 2,500 calories is insufficient for weight loss varies based on factors like age, gender, activity level, and metabolism. Nevertheless, a recommended approach for sustainable weight loss in many cases involves maintaining a daily caloric deficit of 500 to 1,000 calories, leading to an approximate loss of 1-2 pounds per week.

Registered User userU0NIEIGKJFB's Avatar
    userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10) userU0NIEIGKJFB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dude, One thing I learned is no matter what you read online, you need to figure this out on your own. Calculate maintenance, start with 500 sub maintenance. You'll see what happens. If weight reduces, ride with it for a while and reduce calories if the scale pauses. If the starting calories increases your weight, then subtract another 200 and try.

I'm 176 cm and I lost about 20 pounds on 2500 calories per day. Keep your protein high. keep your fat intake optimal. I guess it'd come around 90 to 100 grams for you per day, I'm not sure tho. I consume 65-70 grams. Earn your carbs. Don't eat them just to "attain" your calorie goal for the day.

jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100) jainaashvi is not very well liked. (-100)
    I gained weight last year and haven’t been able to get it off. I’m lifting consistently and started doing a 3 day a week full body workout routine that’s pretty basic. I’m 6’2” and 230-233lbs.

Is 2,500 calories too little? I definitely have extra fat to lose as I have a beer belly. I have cut drinking back and still didn’t see much loss. I should cut it back more (totally) because I actually eat pretty healthy and whole foods.

I want to get ahead with of the new year trends and set myself up for success … how extreme can I go calorie wise / diet wise to really kickstart fat loss?

I’m not too worried abt gaining a lot back quickly as the plan is to cut drinking entirely and my habits (outside of that) are pretty good
    Consistency is key. Adopt changes that you can maintain in the long term, ensuring they become sustainable habits rather than short-term solutions.
    A reduction of 500 calories per day is a common starting point for a sustainable weight loss.

lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100) lebujb is not very well liked. (-100)

Weight loss by eating calories deficit

When I'm trying to shed some pounds, I keep a close eye on the calories I eat. It's like being aware of the energy I get from my food. I aim to eat less than what my body needs – creating a calorie deficit helps with weight loss. It's a bit like a numbers game, trying to burn more than I consume. I make a habit of checking the calories on food labels to make informed choices. Opting for foods high in fiber helps me feel full for longer, and I try to be mindful of steering clear from excessive carbs. It's a personal journey of balancing numbers and choosing foods that keep me satisfied. You can website to check the calorie of food like this