Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My crush was going to a concert last night and had a spare ticket, I offered to take

So my crush was going to a concert last night, but she had a spare ticket she was trying to offload.

Hours before the concert she messaged me saying how she was trying to get rid of the spare one. I’d rather stay home last night but in the heat of the moment, I offered to take the ticket off her hands.

Then she replied saying her ticket is a completely different one to the spare one so that if I did go I wouldn’t be with her (all that is true, I know from past conversations about it) then she later said check-ins for that ticket category close soon anyway and to not worry about it and that she doesn’t mind losing the money.

Anyway, I just think I came on too strongly and caught her off guard. She probably immediately regretted it and was thinking to herself “No no no I wasn’t inviting him to come with me!

But surely, if someone (especially if you consider that someone one of your closest friends) hits you up hours before a concert saying she’s trying to offload her spare ticket, it’s a perfectly natural response and instinct to offer to take the ticket?

I’m sure it’s no big deal, but I just hope I didn’t come on too strongly and put her off/scare her.

Chapstick is a scam srs bananabucket's Avatar
    bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Monsoon178 View Post
    So my crush was going to a concert last night, but she had a spare ticket she was trying to offload.

Hours before the concert she messaged me saying how she was trying to get rid of the spare one. I’d rather stay home last night but in the heat of the moment, I offered to take the ticket off her hands.

Then she replied saying her ticket is a completely different one to the spare one so that if I did go I wouldn’t be with her (all that is true, I know from past conversations about it) then she later said check-ins for that ticket category close soon anyway and to not worry about it and that she doesn’t mind losing the money.

Anyway, I just think I came on too strongly and caught her off guard. She probably immediately regretted it and was thinking to herself “No no no I wasn’t inviting him to come with me!

But surely, if someone (especially if you consider that someone one of your closest friends) hits you up hours before a concert saying she’s trying to offload her spare ticket, it’s a perfectly natural response and instinct to offer to take the ticket?

I’m sure it’s no big deal, but I just hope I didn’t come on too strongly and put her off/scare her.
    How do you know her? Just friends?
    Colts - Pacers - Purdue

**Karl Pilkington crew** (Founder) (Only member)

Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Monsoon178 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bananabucket View Post
    How do you know her? Just friends?
    Yeah just friends.

I have a crush on her though.

bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bananabucket is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah just friends.

I have a crush on her though.
    I think you would know by now if she were interested. IF she senses you like her - sounds to me like she kinda panicked that she might be sending the wrong message. But I don't think you came off too strong at all, you are likely overthinking. If you like her just ask her out bro.
    Colts - Pacers - Purdue

I think you would know by now if she were interested. IF she senses you like her - sounds to me like she kinda panicked that she might be sending the wrong message. But I don't think you came off too strong at all, you are likely overthinking. If you like her just ask her out bro.
    Yeah I think she might've panicked and thought to herself "No no no I wasn't inviting him to come too oh no ffs"

We started out as just friends but this year she's been paying me a lot more attention. She invited me to her birthday this year, and one other time she organised lunch and dinner before an event we were both going to and invited me to that too.

Unfournately she's going to Europe this year and she even said to me "I want to be single when I go to Europe" so I don't think I can ask her out until she gets back home after her trip.

"I want to be single when I go to Europe"
    You know what that means, right?

I'd forget her man. Get on the apps.
    Colts - Pacers - Purdue

You know what that means, right?

I'd forget her man. Get on the apps.
    Yes I definitely do.

That's why it's not worth asking her if she'd be interested in anything more serious until she's back from Europe.

Yes I definitely do.

That's why it's not worth asking her if she'd be interested in anything more serious until she's back from Europe.
    Do you really want the sloppy seconds after her ho trip?
    Colts - Pacers - Purdue

Do you really want the sloppy seconds after her ho trip?
    I'm going on a similar trip to Canada at a similar time, and I want to be single when I go to Canada too so if anything we'll both be sloppy seconds afterwards.

At least you didn't think that I came on too strongly last night to offer to take her spare concert ticket, and that I'm just overthinking it. Like, if someone, especially when you're supposedly friends, hit you up and said they're trying to get rid of a spare concert ticket, it's natural instinct to offer to take it?

I'm going on a similar trip to Canada at a similar time, and I want to be single when I go to Canada too so if anything we'll both be sloppy seconds afterwards.

At least you didn't think that I came on too strongly last night to offer to take her spare concert ticket, and that I'm just overthinking it. Like, if someone, especially when you're supposedly friends, hit you up and said they're trying to get rid of a spare concert ticket, it's natural instinct to offer to take it?
    If you don't care about that then I see no problem with your actions so far
    Colts - Pacers - Purdue

If you don't care about that then I see no problem with your actions so far
    I do care because I'm worried I've rubbed her up the wrong way now and annoyed her or scared her off.