Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Smudge94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intro, Aims & Advice

So I've been looking round the forum for a while now and decided it's time to get involved.

I'm 18, 5'11 and 156.5 lbs, with a bit of a belly. I've been on and off with fitness for about two years, but my diet and nutrition has always let me down and have never been motivated enough to keep it up for longer then a few months but this has all changed. I've started with the diet and have cut right down on the junk food and my fruit, veg and water intake has rocketed, but it still needs a lot of work. I'm training at home with a range equipment I've built up over the years, but it's a bit all over the place as I don't have a structured workout plan at the moment. An average week involves multiple 5 mile runs, skipping, bench press, curls, front row, flyes, sit ups, press ups, like I mentioned its all over the place.

I know this probably gets asked 100 times a day, and I have started doing my research, but where should I start? I know nutrition is a major factor, so I guess I need to get a meal plan sorted before I try to do anything else. My current goal is to decrease body fat and gain lean mass/muscle, but I don't have a weight/goal that I'm aiming towards at the moment.

What supplements would you advise/avoid, I'm currently taking two Maximuscle Thermobol tablets a day and a protein shake after workouts. Are the Thermobol worth taking and is having a shake as part of breakfast worth doing? To aid the loss of body fat would the something like GNC male weight loss bundle be worth using or is it better to buy specific products individually?

Cheers,

Smudge