Thread: Fasted?

milliejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fasted?

Is fasted cardio really more beneficial?

I'm unemoletyed at the moment and no longer find I can have the motivation to get up and workout at 6am so am working out at around 9/10am.

If I eat before I presume I'll still drop fat as I'll be in a deficit?

Thanks

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't like it don't do it. Fasting for a period of time doesn't put you in a deficit, your calories do, and that's how you lose fat. FC is more of a convenience thing, or preference. Overall, if you burn 2000cals, and eat 2000, you'll be the same weight regardless of when you eat those calories. (Random numbers for the example, I don't know your TDEE.)

It's up to you, if your concern is fat loss, just stay in a healthy deficit, and lift to preserve muscle. Cardio is a tool to increase your deficit, but it's still an optional thing, so long as you're burning more than you consume.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

milliejake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    If you don't like it don't do it. Fasting for a period of time doesn't put you in a deficit, your calories do, and that's how you lose fat. FC is more of a convenience thing, or preference. Overall, if you burn 2000cals, and eat 2000, you'll be the same weight regardless of when you eat those calories. (Random numbers for the example, I don't know your TDEE.)

It's up to you, if your concern is fat loss, just stay in a healthy deficit, and lift to preserve muscle. Cardio is a tool to increase your deficit, but it's still an optional thing, so long as you're burning more than you consume.
    Thanks...I guess I feel very full if I train after eating but will start with a small amount and go from there. Thanks

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by milliejake View Post
    If I eat before I presume I'll still drop fat as I'll be in a deficit?
    Thanks
    Correct. When you choose to eat and do your cardio makes no difference in the end result. Stay in your calorie deficit and you'll continue losing fat.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

YvetteFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you don't have time for cardio just watching your diet will be enough to manage your weight