Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

"Sticky" Hack Squat

Have an older but awesome Flex Hack Squat. Love it to bits but i feel like it's not as smooth as it could be. I sprayed some Super Lube on the guide rods. Are there any others steps i can take make it less "sticky"? Thanks.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Linear pillow block bearings? If so, you can remove them, clean them out a bit and then re-lube them with a grease gun.

ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Linear pillow block bearings? If so, you can remove them, clean them out a bit and then re-lube them with a grease gun.
    yes! thank you.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    yes! thank you.
    Just to add to my last post ...

In addition to removing them and cleaning them out, you can also just pump them full of grease via the Zerk fittings until any old (dirty) grease gets pushed out. If the blocks didn't come with grease fittings, Amazon sells them for about $5. There's really no way to over-grease these as the excess will just get pushed out on first use and can be wiped off the linear shaft.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only use silicone spray on my linear bearing machines.
    I think the grease gets dirty to quickly.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I only use silicone spray on my linear bearing machines.
    I think the grease gets dirty to quickly.
    Silicone spray is what I use on guide rods for my other machines, but it won't keep a linear pillow-block bearing properly lubricated. I hear you on the dirt though.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Silicone spray is what I use on guide rods for my other machines, but it won't keep a linear pillow-block bearing properly lubricated. I hear you on the dirt though.
    I've never seen a hack squat use pillow block bearings. Mine has guide rods and linear bearings.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

I think the Flex does not use pillow bearings on their Hack Squat as irongrandpa said. my mistake. some of their other machines did though. i'm still learning about all these parts and the finer points thanks to you guys.