Registered User FatDadGettinFit's Avatar
    FatDadGettinFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with easy cooking meals

Just a brief background. I have 1 toddler and 1 infant. Recovering from recent motorcycle accident involving a displaced fracture of tibia and fibula. I was repaired with rods and screws, cleared for the gym I guess about 2 months ago. Still walk with a limp. Getting that out of the way, I gained a lot of weight over the time where I was unable to walk. I got up to 255lb and got down to 247 over the last 4 weeks. My wife and I joined a new gym and pretty much go at least 5-6 days a week if not the whole week. I'm using a 5-day split and do spin classes on my rest days. I'm also gone for 10 hours a day between commuting to work, working and doing the day care thing with the kids. I leave at 620am and usually pick up one of the kids and meet my wife at the gym around 430-5 for an hour. So as you can see free time is very very limited and the weekends are chaos trying to get everything we need to get done in the two days time we have.

I'm trying to figure out very simple to cook and at least mildly tasteful nutritious meals. Right now I'm doing:

Breakfast / AM snack:

2 - boiled eggs
    Grapefruit
    Yogurt
    Larbar

Lunch / PM Snack:
    Quinoua
    turkey wrap w/ mustard
    carrots
    Apple w/ all natural no sugar added raw peanutbutter
    Larbar

Then it's gym and then at home usually whatever the hell I can scrape together that seems mildly healthy. A lot of the time I'm getting some kind of vegan frozen meal in an attempt to make something nutritious and quick. Once or Twice a week I make bison burgers myself w/ a tiny bit of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chopped onions mixed in and either eat it without bread, or I'll eat it on the bottom half of a bun.

I think my intake is screwed up... I also need to figure out more rounded meals. Anyone have any resources for some simple easy to make, or at least easy to prep early in the week dinner suggestions? We do have a crockpot... I just find a lot of the recepies to be pretty "hearty" and old school to fit weighloss and clean eating lol. If there are any books you could suggest I check out, that would be excellent as well. Thanks in advance!

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And where is the macros or at least calories?