Thread: Iraq 2009

Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Iraq 2009

Ever since highschool iv ben lifting, working out, transforming my body. Football, wrestling and track have been my sports for years. The human body is an amazing thing and i want to push it as much as i can. since i joined the marine corps my fitness has changed to just lifting to combat related fitness. im currently on a 12month deployment to iraq and while im out here i wanted to explore the diffrent fassets of fitness. Im new to this so i will be very thankfull for any and all imput you all have. Im trying to get stronger as well as cut, currently i have : 360bench, 470deadlift, 275clean and jerk, 495squat, 24:00min 3mile, 36in vert @ 170lb bw.....i feel quick and powerfull but id like to have more endurance.

MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Since you are a hell of a lot stronger and faster than me I have no advice to offer. But i will thank you for your service.

My son is in the USAF and when he was in Iraq two years ago he had plenty of time to train and got pretty strong. Good luck and stay safe.
    Happily married father of four and grandfather of two and one on the way. Edit: Grandfather of 3 as of 02/28/2009.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/MtnBikeMike/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113013061

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!" Texas A&M University.

Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leblanc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

kick ass work out

well today i had a good work out:

10 rounds with no rest of 10reps each= 100reps and 30mins

pullups
    pushups
    situps
    dips
    leg lifts
    3mins on a row machine

haha it kicked my ass, burned a good sweat tho! i encourage it anyone who feels like "todays just not a lifting day " but still wants to work hard

larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WOw that is a crazy circuit

work out 1 of "opperation kickass" haha

well today me and partner broke eachother off.....

90secs of rest inbetween exersizes....40secs rest between reps

Deadlift w/275lbs-3x15
    Tire flips-4x7
    Pull-ups w/25lb plate-3 of max reps
    Push-ups on dip bar w/25lb plate-3 of max reps
    Sand bag squat and press-3x20
    Sledge hammer swings-x50 alternating over head, x50 alternating side to side
    Farmers walk with fuel cans (100lbs ea)-4x75ft
    Fuel cans shrugs-3x12
    Weight drags-100ft of ea..row, press, tri, bi, reverse, forward
    Pull-threws(stand on 7-ton tire and deadlift fuel can from ground)-4x20

haha let me tell you what, that kicked out ass...one of our LT's came out for the action and i dont know what he expected but he didnt last to long haha!

I took some pics so im hopeing to put them up soon, check out my photos page to see
    We dont quit untill our eyes bleed, A little intensity never hurt anyone!

Plyometrics and sprints

I know i havnt wrote on here a while, works ben tough but i havnt forgotten. After that KILLER underground workout me and my buddy folllowed the same intensity and expectations with a plyo and sprint day:

Its hard to get a grasp of that im talking about, so im going to try and get some videos.

(When i refure to "boxs" im talking about the 4" green cardio step ups you might have seen)

(A rep would be jumping over as many stack of boxs as i lay out in a row)

Warm up

4x3boxs- 2footed hops down and back
    2x4boxs- 1footed lattaral hops down and back

Work out

2x3- 2footed over 3boxs, 6boxs, 12boxs, 16boxs

3x4- 1footed alternating each rep over 2boxs, 2boxs, 2boxs, 18boxs

3x3- 2footed sideway over 5boxs, 5boxs, 8boxs, 5boxs, 5boxs

4x5- 2footed 3boxs squating jump on 15,16,17,18boxs

Sprints

5-100yd sprints@ full speed with walking back recovery

4-200yd sprints@ 90% speed with 3min recovery

3-300yd sprints@ 75% speed with 5mins recovery

2-400yd sprints@ 50% speed with full recovery

Talk about jello legs! Stretching and rest, with a increased protien and BCAA+AA's thru out the next few resting days will the key here!

Routine

Well I was reading over my log and i noticed i didnt have a set workout plan up on here and actually alot of the time i dont have one. I go in the gym and just do what my body feels like it wants to do. but as of this week iv decided that im going to stick to a routine. and i came up with this one:

now i dont like set routines that puts a workout with a day like
    mon-chest/tri
    tue/back/bi......ect.

im more of a slideing day routine type of guy. so it dosnt matter the day, what ever your workout day falls on, then thats when you do it.

day 1) work out day...last w/o day emphsis was on lower body, next will be upperbody

day 2) REST

day 3) Plyometrics and sprints

day 4) Cardio

day 5) Rest

REPEAT days 1-5

Cardio day

haha after that hard plyos and sprint day i fig that my cardio day would be an easy relaxing almost like an active recovery day for me. But the natural competitor came out in me and my buddy challenged me to a rowing show down....

one person is on the row machine for 2mins keeping a 45-50 rows/500m pace
    while the other person does 2min of planks...30s each side, 1m front.

well we did 5sets and my buddy said ok lets turn it up a notch...go 2.5m at 55/500m pace.....OK, 2sets later i say bump it to 3.5mins at same pace....OK
    haha next thing we know weve compleated 12sets already between the both of us rowing over 10,000m and my abs feel like there about to melt off my body.....Thank goodness we have a rest day!

Work out 2 of "operation kickass"

As i had mentioned before last work out day had emphisis on lower body so today i wanted to put our upperbodys to work.

90secs rest between exersises, 40secs rest between sets

6 sets of bench- 3x12 reg grip, 1 max set of 3board, 1 max set of reverse grip
    4x max set w/10lb plate- wide grip pull-ups
    3x12each- Tire pattycake (theres a video on my bodyspace profile of this)
    4x150ft- Weight pulls-push
    4x50- Alternating grip and over head slegde hammer swings
    3x12- DB snatchs
    3x max set- hanging rows/pushups
    3x max set super set- sledpress/barbirds/fuel can shrugs

Yah....deff got broke off again!

Videos and pics

I was able to get some pics of this stuff on my bodyspace so check them out, also I got videos the other day of the diff type of things we do up on youtube.....search for usmcputnam22 and thatll bring you to all of them

larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50) larsen540 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I checked out the videos on youtube. Great workouts. Keep posting them there pretty cool to look at. good job being creative with the stuff you have. Keep upthe good work bro

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    those are some serious numbers for a 170lber

Poser Beater Manlet Eater bigbeezy's Avatar
    bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    keep it going big man, post those workouts, have you seen progress?

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some very cool stuff, I'll be following!

Do you PT with your unit as well or do you have free reign with your training?
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any updates? Those are some crazy numbers for your weight. Pretty good endurance for your weight too. My endurance sucks at this weight.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

Hey thanks everyone, I know its been a while since iv put anything on here.

Im going on 8months out here...things are starting to get boring. I always had a sport to train for or been involved in. Out here its nothing but time with nothing to do haha.

Right now im just changing up my workouts...it seems like everyone is diff than the one before. I started getting into olympic lifts...Sundays are my "power" day...yesterday we something like this:

1 arm-barbell power snatch 115lbs x4 each arm - 3sets

1 arm clean + jerk 135 x4 each arm - 3sets

Superset: Hang clean+jerk 5reps / Hang snatch 5reps - 2sets

Rotational clean and jerk: Instead of faceing the bar, stand so the bar is on your side...squating down and grip the bar...just like you would with a clean pull it up to your chest but as you about to catch it rotate 90degrees so you end up like a normal clean....Than when you jerk it over head rotate another 90degrees so the is over head the long way....therefore you turned 180degrees from start to finish.

Im going to get a video of because i dont know how to explain it well.....^

Then I do some muscle ups...like 4x5

Do a few mins of planks and supermans to hit up my core.

Then ill do some farmers walk's with 2, 100lbs plates for about 75-80ft x4

That work out right there is short and sweet and you will feel it the next day!

-

Ironabrams....my unit only pt's once a week all together, other than that we can pt on our own...if you fail to meet the requirments they have a BCP program that will force you to pt 6days a week.

Clean...Thanks man....I just do my thing, like i said iv always been involed in sports...so football whiped me into shape, right after that was wrestling, right after that was track and then it was summer time inwich i was getting ready for football again. so over the years my body just got used to me pushing it all year around.

BigBeezy....haha whats up man...well i went for 505 and got it, tryed to hit 510 right after and got it half way. I switched it up like last week and im starting to hit more reps on all my lifts instead of just going heavy like i was before...I dunno, we will see what happends...like i said im starting to get bord with things out here, i think i need to reach in my bag of goodies and find something new to kick my ass. haha

Hey everyone...Today im going to get video of thos "rotational snatches" I was talking about

EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how the hell do you catch the bar in rack position with one arm for 1 arm clean and jerks? lmao
    Last edited by EinMassengrab.; 08-29-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    6' 215 lbs

CURRENT (all estimated)/GOAL

Bench: 390+/405
    Squat: 430ish/500
    Deadlift: 450ish/600

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114780741

ZHOSTKA!!!

I just got video this morning....just gotta put them up

On the clean and jerk...you rotate 90 degrees on the clean and 90 on the jerk

On the snatch you rotate 90 degrees throught the whole range of motion

When you catch is with one arm you let it rest on your chest...it takes allot of balence and strong wrist....check out the vids, should have them up this afternoon

Vids are up...check them out