muscledotnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Atkins bars high in carbs?

Hi all,

Im on keto right now and I have got very good results, my question is about Atkins Advantage Morning bars.

I did not read the nutrition facts label before ordering them assuming that if it was Atkins brand it would be low in carbs. I was dissapointed when I read the label and saw that they contain 15g of carbs each bar.

My questions are 2:

1. In the label reads: Total Carb 15g, Dietary fiber 5g, Sugars 1g, Sugar Alcohol 2g, so, were does the other 7grams of carbs come from?

2. How many grams of carbs should I count for my low carb diet? only sugar carbs? sugar + alcohol? the whole 15g?

Many thanks in advance

NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Atkins bar are for maintenance and not made to be consumed during the initial induction phase. Once you're past your induction, you should be looking at the net carbs-- that is, total carb grams minus fiber grams.

For maintenance and to stay in ketosis, you could be up to 100 grams of carbs a day-- it varies from person to person, and you are meant to slowly increase your carb intake, week by week, until you find the amount that makes you feel best and perform well. That being said, 10-15 carbs per bar really isn't that scary, especially if they are meant as a meal replacement (not sure if they are).

You should take a look at the keto form on here-- lots of support from people who have been there and/or are doing that!

Best of luck!
    Act as if!