wayfastwhitee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Boxing & Weight Lifting Don't Always Mix

I've been boxing for a few years now and lifting almost the same. As most of you will know; both of these hammer your wrists.
    I've put myself out of sport before because of wrist injuries and don't plan on having the same happen to me again. The problem is, i constantly have pain in my left wrist; after f****** hours of physio, x-rays, wrist strengthening exercsises and soon to come a bone scan; i'm getting pretty pissed with the whole thing.
    Does anyone have any other ideas on how to treat it???
    ...and no i aint quiting boxing
    cheers

VtecTypeR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried cissus? It has done wonders with my knee

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Punching wrong is probably the problem. If you connect correctly, you shouldnt have any problems bro unless your doc tells you.

Also, I had a similiar problem. Some excercises dont agree with some people. Barbell curls kill my wrists, put me out of lifting for about 2 months till I realized it was the curls that was killing me.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Punching wrong is probably the problem. If you connect correctly, you shouldnt have any problems bro unless your doc tells you.

Also, I had a similiar problem. Some excercises dont agree with some people. Barbell curls kill my wrists, put me out of lifting for about 2 months till I realized it was the curls that was killing me.
    Agreed. I had wrist problems when I first started boxing too. Now they are completely fine.

A few tips:

1) make sure you wrap them really well. Use tape over your wraps if you need to.

2) Make sure every punch lands with your wrist completely straight. If your wrist bends when you land, it will surely cause problems

2) Strengthen your hands and wrists. I do pushups on my knuckles. I also practic flexion and extension on each wrist, 2x10 with 8-10lb dumbell. I've also heard of boxers digging their hands through buckets of rice.
    The fight is won or lost in the gym.