ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)

Fruit: To peel or not to peel?

What's the best way to eat fruit? Removing the skin (I'm referring to fruits like apples and pears here, not like oranges and bananas) or leaving it on?

I've heard people say that the skin contains most the vitamins and antioxidants, however I've also heard people say that you can't remove all the pesticides they spray the plants with by just washing it with water, so you're better of peeling the fruit...

vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ravadongon
    What's the best way to eat fruit? Removing the skin (I'm referring to fruits like apples and pears here, not like oranges and bananas) or leaving it on?

I've heard people say that the skin contains most the vitamins and antioxidants, however I've also heard people say that you can't remove all the pesticides they spray the plants with by just washing it with water, so you're better of peeling the fruit...
    hmm Ive always heard that the skin contains most of the nutrients so I always just keep it on...
    you can boast about anything if it?s all you have. Maybe the less you have, the more you are required to boast.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    most fruit skins are not digested.. its mainly fiber (apples)

Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeap a lot of fiber and a lot of nutritions => not to peel!
    "Theres nothing a treadmill cant burn off.."

kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kookoobah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wash and DONT peel my friend..

fiber is one of the most important things in fruit. dont miss out!

fiber is soooo important, one time i couldnt decide whether or not to peel a fruit (peach, i didnt know if it was eaten peeled or not) that i just ate the whole thing anyway. haha

2002337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use a little dishsoap to clean my apples before eating them. I always eat the skin.

ProWrestling Consumes Me! ceilos456's Avatar
    ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont peel it off
    There is no finish line

Cutting

2/7/06 - 222 pounds (started cut again)

Why Benoit Why???

"Whatcha gunna do when Hulkamanina and my 24" pythons run wild on you?!?!?!!?"
    "Train, say your prayers, take vitamins, and believe in yourself."
    -The One And Only Immortal HULK HOGAN-

My Lifestyle Cutting Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4934123

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apples : EAT THE SKIN

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ighlight=apple

http://www.applepolyphenols.com/studies/varieties.htm
    http://onhealth.webmd.com/script/mai...ticlekey=56165

Polyphenol Champ

There wasn't a bad apple in the bunch, and the peels had many more antioxidants than the flesh. Here are the rankings for flesh phenol content:

Red Delicious
    Northern Spy
    Ida Red
    Cortland
    McIntosh
    Golden Delicious
    Mutsu
    Empire

Red Delicious apples had more than twice as many polyphenols as Empire apples, the study shows.

What about Gala, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Jonagold, Fuji, and other apple varieties? They weren't in the running. Tsao's team studied apples that are popular in Canada, not the U.S. All of the apples came from the same farm and were grown under the same conditions.

From the Winter 2003 New York Fruit Quarterly ...
    http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/fq/
    http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/f...03/NYFQW04.pdf

A wide range in antioxidant content among different apple cultivars has also been found (Boyer and Liu, 2003/04). Fuji had the highest level of flavonoids, followed by Delicious, Northern Spy, Fortune, Gala, Liberty, Rome Beauty, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Idared, Cortland, and Empire in decreasing order. Fuji also had the highest level of phenolics, followed by Delicious, Gala, Liberty, Northern Spy, Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty, Fortune, Jonagold, Idared, Cortland, and Empire in decreasing order. Similarly, MacLean, Murr, and DeEll (2003) showed that the antioxidant capacity of Empire was half that of Delicious apples.

Lee, Rupasinghe, and Jackson (2004) investigated the major phenolic profiles of eight Ontario-grown apple cultivars and found that the total antioxidant capacity, total phenols content, and flavonoids levels were the highest in Honeycrisp and Delicious, moderate in Idared, Spartan, Granny Smith, and Cortland, and the lowest in Crispin and Empire. Furthermore, apple peel contained 2 to 10-fold higher levels than the core and flesh tissue.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Survivor of Breast Cancer karrieg's Avatar
    karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karrieg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I went to the doctor and he give me what I could eat to get more fiber he told me to eat apples with out the peel.
    Last edited by karrieg; 10-24-2006 at 01:03 PM.
    Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.

mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50) mfenske will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know that the skin has more fiber but I honestly can't see myself not peeling an orange or banana. I eat apples and kiwis with the skin on. Good stuff. Mark
    Nuttin' but a peanut!

TGIF~ Thank God Im Female saraj's Avatar
    saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    don't peel
    I play the game. I Play it Smart my energy comz from da Heart I use my head I move my Feet dont mess w/ me I'm 1OO% AThlete!

If YoU cAn'T tAkE tHe PaIn, DoN't PlAy ThE gAmE

Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Goonmonger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The skin contains a lot of fiber. It will keep you regular and slow the digestion of the fruit. I imagine that the more color and the brighter the skin is, the more nutrients it contains. I would eat it if I were you!

X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by karrieg
    When I went to the doctor and he give me what I could eat to get more fiber he told me to eat apples with out the peel.
    Your doctor is an idiot. The fiber is in the peel, you definately want to eat it.
    BSc in Exercise Science
    CAN-FIT-PRO Certified Personal Trainer
    Amateur MMA Fighter

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    whats this guy talking about? who peels the skin off oranges?
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamman5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like to peel apples but nothing else