redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Serious Mass By Optimum Nutrition

Ok Bro's I'm on my second bag of SM and can't beat it. If you need a good economic weight gainer that has a moderate to slow release of protein then this is a good one for less then 40 bucks and you get 12#'s...

I've compared it to N-Large2 and you get 2 more #'s and save 10 bucks. Here is a break down of the label in milk. It says to use 2 scoops but its way to chalky for that. I'd cut it in half and add some fruit or granola to pick up a few calories and add some flavor. If you use this amount it’s about 35-40 servings. You will have to use a blender or it is just too clumpy. Keep in mind that you’re only using half of this:

Calories 1620
    Cals from Fat 170
    Total Fat 19 g
    Carbs 288 g
    Sugars 76 g
    Protein 74 g
    Tons of Vits & Mins Plus 500mg Glutamine

The Protein Blend is Whey, Caseinate, and Egg.

All and all Serious Mass does not taste too bad and has a good source of carbs. The vanilla flavor is not that strong so when adding fruit it does not interfere. It’s a god weight gainer for before bed and if you add a little more whey to the mix it works great after workouts. Just my 2 pennies hope it helps!
    Last edited by redman; 01-07-2002 at 01:55 PM.
    Who needs a signature anyway...

I'm not a doctor and everything I post is strictly for entertainment purposes only. My advice is strictly opinion and should not replace the advice of a certified doctor. My opinions are based on what has worked well for people I know.

Come at me broham! Allen Iverson's Avatar
    Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks bro.
    2009 bb.com's Jiu Jitsu team

Supraman352 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome review, I just have a couple questions about the ON Serious Mass. I weigh about 135-139 right now, I'm a hardgainer with a FAST metabolism.

I am considering taking Serious Mass, but my only concern is the amount of calories. I use Muscle-Tech right now and it's building lean muscle and getting me cut. If I take Serious Mass to put on weight, wouldn't it be FAT that I put on? And wouldn't I have to eventually get on a 'getting cut' routine to lose it?

What's your guys' opinion, any help would be much appreciated. I want to get bigger and stronger without unneccessary fat. I'm 12% body fat right now.

zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpros15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=Supraman352;444000921]Awesome review, I just have a couple questions about the ON Serious Mass. I weigh about 135-139 right now, I'm a hardgainer with a FAST metabolism.

hey im in the same boat as you. sitting at about 150, hardgainer, etc. I'll tell you that I can't get enough calories in a day lol or so it seems. Im on a gainer right now that is around 900 calories per serving which is right around what you would get w/taking one scoop of the serious mass. If you have a good routine and you stick with it, along with eating clean, you most likely will not put on much fat. Even if you do, with your fast metabolism it wont be hard at all to cut the fat. I've been on cytogainer for a month now and haven't seen any signs of fat. I say go for it, try doing the full dose and if you see too much fat cut it down to one scoop. Nothing is set in stone with supps cuz every single person is so different. also if you do one scoop i would recommend eating a Pb&J with the gainer post workout. Been doing well for me.

ngero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In two weeks with serious mass I gained a solid 5lb's. Now for those two weeks I was in the gym five times each week while consuming 3 half serving shakes a day with whole milk. The 3 shakes equal to a serving and half a day but that was plenty considering I had 4-5 meals a day. After the two weeks I kept the weight I gained.

keyindabox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I take Serious Mass, should that be the only supplement I take? Or can I combine that with something like Isopure?

HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're already growing, you don't need a weight gainer. It might help you grow like crazy, but you'll get a gut too. I guess you could spend some ungodly amount of time working out, but most people really don't want to have to work out 3 times as much or more just to avoid their supplements making them fat. Before doing that, I would suggest just adding more protein powder. For instance, if you're taking whey, buy some caseine and use it too--just make sure you stick with the whey right after workouts, because it's awesome for that.

HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HJam72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I bought some crap, like weight gainer 3000 or something, a long, long time ago. I remember it had a picture of an elephant on it and it cost me $40 bucks for a huge container. I got it home and tried it. It tasted awefully sweet, so I got the container out again and just tasted some on a finger. TASTED LIKE NOTHING BUT SUGAR WITH SOME VITAMINS TO ME, so I wound up throwing that crap out with the rest of the garbage. They do have meal replacements that are pretty cheap, but real food has to be a part of your diet.

keyindabox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
    If you're already growing, you don't need a weight gainer. It might help you grow like crazy, but you'll get a gut too. I guess you could spend some ungodly amount of time working out, but most people really don't want to have to work out 3 times as much or more just to avoid their supplements making them fat. Before doing that, I would suggest just adding more protein powder. For instance, if you're taking whey, buy some caseine and use it too--just make sure you stick with the whey right after workouts, because it's awesome for that.
    Well I've been taking Isopure, and though I did gain muscle, I'd like to gain more muscle/weight. I'm a hard gainer, I try to eat a lot, but I feel like I should take Serious Mass instead of Isopure because it's a better weight gainer. But if I take Serious Mass, should that be the only supplement I take? Or would you recommend any pills and such besides flaxseed and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by keyindabox View Post
    Well I've been taking Isopure, and though I did gain muscle, I'd like to gain more muscle/weight. I'm a hard gainer, I try to eat a lot, but I feel like I should take Serious Mass instead of Isopure because it's a better weight gainer. But if I take Serious Mass, should that be the only supplement I take? Or would you recommend any pills and such besides flaxseed and stuff like that.
    Well, first of all, I was just giving advice based on what I do know, which is basically just what feels like common sense and limited experience. I'm no expert on supplements, but some of these other guys probably are. My limited experience tells me that, other than creatine for most people, the protein/weight gainers/meal replacement powders are the only supplements worth paying for. Most of the supplements out there are primarily about making money and the claims they make are absurdly overstated. I can tell you that I have quite a few of them right now and they don't do much. I had a testosterone booster that was really only good for certain sexual help, which I don't yet need. Now I have one that's not even good for that. I have HGH releasers, which weren't for bodybuilding, but they apparently don't work, so there ya go. I have a few other things, but it really all just winds up seeming like a waist of money. I feel like an idiot for buying them.

My advice would be just buy the powders, a multivitamin, and eat right. Oh, and creatine might help.

Pharmaceutical Grade JCarruth130's Avatar
    JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To the OP or anyone else who has finished a full bag...the nutritional facts don't list the number of servings per bag, how many servings are u getting?
    "Knowledge is Muscle."

Looking at the ingredients in those weight gainers, I don't know why anyone would want them, but I guess they work for some people. I'm too old for that, but maybe I should just use them, bloat up, carry my gut around and brag about how much I'm growing.

gnarr.kill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On the bodybuilding.com supp page for it, it says only 8 servings for 6 lbs? You've got to be kidding me, tell me this is an error right?
    {-ThinkBig,-DreamBiG,-GetBIG.}
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    On my own form of Rippetoes.
    Modified to what I have availble, and what I feel is helpful.
    Personal diet plan, nothing too committing, Just whats suiting and readily available.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I Rep Back-

falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falconrb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Servings

The servings per containers are low because the scooper is huge, and u take two scoops per serving. chocolate is great with ice, natty pb, and a scoop of pro complex and maybe even some blueberries. really helped break plateaus when trying to gain weight. love this stuff, thinking about trying n large though

TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TestoMonsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by keyindabox View Post
    If I take Serious Mass, should that be the only supplement I take? Or can I combine that with something like Isopure?
    You can take plenty of other supps if you want.

I would take:

Serious Mass
    Whey protein
    Fish oil
    Milk thistle
    Multi Vit.
    Activate extreme
    Creatine

And if you want to stay on the leaner side, go with a pre w.o. or with lean extreme

Alens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This means that 1 scop SM has about 800 calories ?

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm trying some, I'm sure there's much better, but this is really cheap. I don't care about it being a lot of carbs, I just need any way to get more calories in me. I don't plan on staying on it though, just jumpstarting me, helping to stretch my stomach with this after I eat meals. So hopefully, I'll have a bigger appetite and just be able to eat more.

I take one scoop with whole milk after dinner...scoops are massive!! Easy way to get an extra 800 cals. I can't do 2 scoops, that many cals is nuts, someone my size wouldn't be able to eat all day drinking a shake that big.

For extra protein I'm eating chicken and eggs.

Registered User brandongiarruss's Avatar
    brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100) brandongiarruss is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs down

Weight gainers are junk!! too many carbs will make you gain fat you wanna keep carbs as low as possible to keep your body fat % low. Rely on foods with high cals low carbs and of course a good amount of protein. Weight gainers are junk.

mm976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Need help on intake of serious mass !!!!!!!

So i have been trying different products but somehow even serious mass gave me the same problems.

I feel bloated and most important issue is my metabolism has increased
    I consume 200 ml with full cream milk after post work out and before sleep 6 days a week.

I am looking to consume efficiently and gain some mass over the month at least.

Any expert advice on solving these issues will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000) Posterchild18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mm976 View Post
    So i have been trying different products but somehow even serious mass gave me the same problems.

I feel bloated and most important issue is my metabolism has increased
    I consume 200 ml with full cream milk after post work out and before sleep 6 days a week.

I am looking to consume efficiently and gain some mass over the month at least.

Any expert advice on solving these issues will be appreciated.

Cheers!
    Strong thread necro here man. There are some better gainers now, may I suggest Mass Gainz by iForce, or Pro Gainer by ON. Iron Mass is pretty well known but I haven't had good experiences with beef protein in the past.

I would also suggest real food as your main focus, check out the nutrition section of the forums for advice on macros and recipes. Welcome to the forums man.

dokunug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up How much is one scoop?

Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Ok Bro's I'm on my second bag of SM and can't beat it. If you need a good economic weight gainer that has a moderate to slow release of protein then this is a good one for less then 40 bucks and you get 12#'s...

I've compared it to N-Large2 and you get 2 more #'s and save 10 bucks. Here is a break down of the label in milk. It says to use 2 scoops but its way to chalky for that. I'd cut it in half and add some fruit or granola to pick up a few calories and add some flavor. If you use this amount it’s about 35-40 servings. You will have to use a blender or it is just too clumpy. Keep in mind that you’re only using half of this:

Calories 1620
    Cals from Fat 170
    Total Fat 19 g
    Carbs 288 g
    Sugars 76 g
    Protein 74 g
    Tons of Vits & Mins Plus 500mg Glutamine

The Protein Blend is Whey, Caseinate, and Egg.

All and all Serious Mass does not taste too bad and has a good source of carbs. The vanilla flavor is not that strong so when adding fruit it does not interfere. It’s a god weight gainer for before bed and if you add a little more whey to the mix it works great after workouts. Just my 2 pennies hope it helps!

Hey, I am new to... everything... when you say scoop, how large is this? is it like one tablespoon? thanks for the help