Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have often been told by folks that I was nuts for squatting 3x a week when I first started lifting (including by you, BH). I didn't mind this too much untill someone implied that since I didn't look the part, my squatting advice wasn't worth much. I had no pictures of my legs in my BodySpace.

I hate taking photos of myself, but that encouraged me one day to have the gym attendant take a crappy cell phone camera picture of my legs. I ain't no Tom Platz, but I figure my legs look pretty good for a guy who's only been lifting since he was 40. I still don't mind if folks take me seriously or not. There are a lot of kooks out there on the Internet and sometimes I'm one of them. But now folks can at least see where I'm coming from.

Bodyhard, you're why there's the old saying, "You can't judge a book by it's cover." I can understand why someone who sees you for the first time might not take you seriously, but that's only because they don't know you as well as we do here in the O35.

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Yes but will you take advice from someone who you had no clue what he/she looks like but yet makes alot of sense in their statement? Then when you see them and they don't fit the person you kind of had in your mind based on their post, will you still take advice from them?
    Good thought, i am gonna delete my avatar and go to some forums where i dont usually go, maybe the steroid forum i dunno, and see what response i get, i will give honest info and advice from what i see fit and see who jumps on me telling me i dont know jack from his beanstalk.

Maybe people will think im a Pro, or maybe a guy whos never trained in his life ... or maybe think im a female which wouldnt be the first time ....

FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am one of those people who does not have a camera. (Long story-couple of wives, live alone etc. However, I have worked out for 44 yrs and have retained a great deal of love for the game. I have worked out with IR45N and I'm sure he can vouch for my appearance. I would never try to give advice anyway. I know what has and is working for me. I enjoy all the people on the over 35 forum and have learned much fm many. Thank you one and all.
    Live till u die

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I notice it when I post on different forums. If i post on a question about weightlifting, I get blown off. if I post about fat loss, I seem to have instant respect. I really could care less. I am trying to learn from others and give back from what knowledge I have. I don't really care much about the rep points.

by the way, I am making an experiment. Now I changed my avatar to show a decent triceps shot, rather than my frontal shot. I wonder if I will have any more respect now...doubt it. I am still under 225!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well what I am planning to do is post my pics again in July or so (hopefully muscle memory will be on my side ) and see how some respond,
    On the list for Bannukah

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My sig says it all.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50) StudHammer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will never admit that I know everything about bodybuilding, cuz it's impossible to know that much info with diet, training, drugs, rest, supplements, etc. So with that said I'll listen to what anybody has to say and will try it and make my own decision. What I don't care for are the 17 year old know it alls who think it's their way or the highway. That kind of closed minded attitude turns me off and makes me not want to listen.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StudHammer View Post
    I will never admit that I know everything about bodybuilding, cuz it's impossible to know that much info with diet, training, drugs, rest, supplements, etc. So with that said I'll listen to what anybody has to say and will try it and make my own decision. What I don't care for are the 17 year old know it alls who think it's their way or the highway. That kind of closed minded attitude turns me off and makes me not want to listen.
    Judging by your AV, looks like you don't need to listen to anybody
    On the list for Bannukah

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hear you. Look at me. 6', 175, ecto. My posts are frequently ignored (at least not responded to) and sometimes I'm called out. What are you going to do? I've been doing this seriously for a long time, and have learned a few things. I give what information I have and if it is useful to someone, then great. If not, oh well...
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I never try to say to much.
    I know what works for me and that's about it I guess. Good enough for me.
    I try to listen more than I talk.

Jeff

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    To be totally honest for the MOST part in my opinion

No avi means they are hiding something.
    Yup. Gyno.

Actually I keep getting tempted to post pics, but I just don't feel comfortable with posting them on the internet.

On the other hand I do try not to give advice where I don't have experience.

Like I'm not going to offer advice to someone who wants to increase their LBM from 200-240lb or cut for a comp or something similar.

Most people here are not very big anyway, and it's not as much of a focus as many other sites. A lot of people on all forums on BB.com just want to 'look good' not be as big as possible.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    JFC!! No F'cking way!

Man..................seriously.................... ..WTF?......I mean....I am beginning to be ashame to admit I am part of the physical game anymore.
    John, don't give up the fight! Men like us have to keep bodybuilding from going into that dark hole.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    here one for ya BH...what do u think?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

I am trying to picture u in the Peter Pan tights!
    JFC!! No F'cking way!

Man..................seriously.................... ..WTF?......I mean....I am beginning to be ashame to admit I am part of the physical game anymore.
    C'mon John, you know you want to wear those clothes and play with a ball.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FREDROCKS View Post
    I have worked out for 44 yrs and have retained a great deal of love for the game. I have worked out with IR45N and I'm sure he can vouch for my appearance.

Absolutely! This guy knows iron & it shows in results!

Re the OP; on a message board it shouldn't really matter. Plenty of good stuff doesn't even get a 'ditto' or 'good idea'. And there are those who do lurk 'n learn.

Main thing is the results you get in the gym in real time & what you have to show in form or physique to your other gym members.

BH, I will give you credit for giving constructive advice often & also willing to get constructive advice from posters here. That's a quality Red has too; willing to learn/try something new posted here.

SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That guy in the video had some real balls!
    UP the IRONS!

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    John, don't give up the fight! Men like us have to keep bodybuilding from going into that dark hole.
    C'mon John, you know you want to wear those clothes and play with a ball.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I...mean....fellas....seriously.....WTF?!!??

I mean does he really have to hold that stupid ball to do all those silly Fking exercises??

What is happening to men?
    Last edited by bodyhard; 02-25-2008 at 05:46 PM.
    On the list for Bannukah

Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Damon Smith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That video is about as silly as some of those exercise programs that are on TV in the wee hours of the morning.
    Don't stop NEVER QUIT

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I mean does he really have to hold that stupid ball to do all those silly Fking exercises??

That was a man? I better watch it again.

I could just see that ball fly out of someones hands and hit a crazy mofo like you or me. I would feel real sorry for that clown.
    Last edited by ntrllftr; 02-25-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doncarlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Demascalinization?

Seriously, look at the mainstream "fitness" magaines today. Totally worthless when it comes to physical training. I had to turn to bodybuilding to find fitness info that really works!
    I am a runaway weight loss success, please check my profile to see how I lost 80 pounds in 4 months.

When fate unites two strangers even heaven and earth cannot tear their love apart.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You nailed it man. Seriously, what on earth...
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No avi means they are hiding something.
    I'm too big to fit in that little space.

Originally Posted by Jules Verne View Post
    Yup. Gyno.
    EWWW!

Originally Posted by vol View Post
    I'm too big to fit in that little space.
    Good answer.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-