psilentchild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best arm routine for mass

I have been doing 10x10 workouts. I did a triset for bi's and tri's to failure today. Should I switch to a 5x5 workout, stay doing the trisets to failure, go back to 10x10, or something else?

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hard to give suggestions without knowing your whole routine (exercises, sets, etc.) because if for example you're doing a lot of pressing and back work, you may not need much arm work overall.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long have you been lifting.
    What routine are you currently on? (I'm guessing none)
    What are your big compound lifts in lbs?

I started lifting about 10 years ago. I stopped several years ago due to knee injuries, but since it doesn't look like it's going to get any better soon I decided to get back in there and not do legs until my knee gets better. I have been back at it for about 6 months maybe longer. Before I stopped I looked like I wanted. I want to get back to looking that way. I haven't been in the gym in a while so my knowledge is kind of rusty. My workout days are chest, shoulders, arm,abs abs cardio, back. For arms I do 3 forearm exercises, 3 bi's, and 3 exercises for tri's. I will post exact workout in a few. I'm 6'6. I weigh 297. My BF is about 18%
    Last edited by psilentchild; 10-31-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Chest
    5x5 flat bench barbell
    5x5 flat bench dumbbell
    5x5 flat bench flys
    5x5 incline bench dumbbell
    5x5 incline bench flys
    5x5 decline on cable machine
    5x5 decline bench dumbbell
    Shoulders
    everything is 10x10
    Seated Dumbbell overhead press
    Barbell front raise
    Lateral raise (shoulder flys)
    Barbell shrugs
    Dumbell shrugs
    side lateral raise
    front lateral raise
    reverse fly machine
    arms
    reverse curls
    Behind the back barbell wrist curls
    I'm not sure the name of it , but I know a few baseball players use it. It's a weight on a rope connected to a stick. You roll the weigh up uses your forearms
    Preacher curls
    Hammer curls
    Standing barbell curls
    Dip
    Rope pull downs
    over the head rope pull downs
    Back
    Lying T-bar row
    Bentover bar row
    Seated cable rows
    hyper-extensions on the machine
    Cable Pull up
    I do 2 more but I don't know the name
    Last edited by psilentchild; 10-31-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's a lot of volume to me. You're doing 35 sets for chest and 80 sets for shoulders? Personally, that routine needs a lot of work. You don't have to every type of shoulder exercise or chest with BB and DB all at once.

If you can't do legs that's one thing and I can understand that since I have back issues but still work around it, but at least use some of the proven programs on this site for the exercises you can do safely.

In other words, revamp that routine completely.

Just my .02
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

What would you suggest? I can't put any weight on my knee.

Split things up into a push/pull then if you can't do legs but also cut down the total volume. I'd do about 3 chest exercise, like 2 shoulder exercises and 1 - 2 tricep exercises. For pull day I'd do the same type of thing. Another option is to do the 5x5 routine 3x a week and you pick one main exercises and you can rotate them over the course of the week. You can add a set of isolation in there if you like. It would require cutting down your volume a lot which a lot of people have trouble doing mentally.

Also take a look at HST which includes direct arm work and you can leave out the leg work that would put strain on your knees.

http://hypertrophyspecific.com/hst_index.html

Lastly, just read the different routines around here and see which ones catches your eye that is 3 or 4 times a week and that it's a push/pull type split. If you decide to do push/pull it could be something like:

Mon: Push
    Tue: Pull
    Wed: Rest
    Thur: Push
    Fri: Pull
    Sat/Sun: Rest

or

Mon: Push
    Tue: Rest
    Wed: Pull
    Thur: Rest
    Fri: Push

Following Mon rotate it:

Mon: Pull
    Tue: Rest
    Wed: Push
    Thur: Rest
    Fri: Pull

and so on...