Thread: strech marks

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

strech marks

i did not know what forum to put this in...

wtf do i have alot more strech marks on my left pec,lat,bicep then my right side???

anyone else experiance this?

for instance...my left bi has pretty noticable marks from the armpit to the elbow.....not armpit/pec marks but lighter ones...but my right bi barely has any at all....and my right is the bigger bi, by a 1/4 inch???? wtf???

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes.
    Attached Images

MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000) MarcTonk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by flangmasterj
    Yes.
    WOWZERS! I got a few were yours is built up massivly. Also a few on the very back of my triceps. How long is the norm for them to go away? Months, years, etc..

MarcTonk

dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dee213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey i was just watching the WWE and noticed Batista has stretchmarks.
    Very Old Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140859041

YouTube: bigdee213
    ********: www.facevook.com/physiqueformation
    100% NATURAL

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MarcTonk
    WOWZERS! I got a few were yours is built up massivly. Also a few on the very back of my triceps. How long is the norm for them to go away? Months, years, etc..

MarcTonk
    They will never go away. They just fade back to your normal skintone. Anyone who has lifted weights for an extended period of time will have stretch marks.

"IF YOU DON'T YOUR A PANSY"

I just took another photo of the same arm three years on. You can see how the stretch marks turn pale but never go away.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by flangmasterj; 12-30-2005 at 03:52 AM.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone who has lifted weights for an extended period of time will have stretch marks.

and i thought only a*sholes used the word 'pansy'. this is one of the stupidist comments ive ever seen on these boards.

Registered User LatissimusDorsi's Avatar
    LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just took another photo of the same arm three years on. You can see how the stretch marks turn pale but never go away.
    How come ur arms haven't grown in 3 years dude!

Originally Posted by LatissimusDorsi
    How come ur arms haven't grown in 3 years dude!
    They have by nearly 2 inches DUUUUDE!

Sorry it wasn't 3 years. I just checked the original jpeg and the date says the first of September 2003. So just over 2 years.

So an inch a year ain't bad.

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    flag, my strech marks on my arm look just like the second pic your posted, they never were red like your first pic, they started out like the second pic...weird.
    but there are none barely on my right arm, and thats the bigger arm by alittle wtf? lol

glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive got some nice ones on my back. i remember them being real noticeable, so i got some mederma. they're still there of course, but you have to look real close or touch the skin to notice it. i dont know if it was the mederma or just time that helped it though

FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They will never go away. They just fade back to your normal skintone. Anyone who has lifted weights for an extended period of time will have stretch marks.

Wow! You truly are dense. Not EVERYONE gets stretch marks, it depends on the skin and body type of the person. People that get stretch marks usually have mesopmorph's and endomorph's body types which usually consists of a pale skin type.

sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FX45
    Wow! You truly are dense. Not EVERYONE gets stretch marks, it depends on the skin and body type of the person. People that get stretch marks usually have mesopmorph's and endomorph's body types which usually consists of a pale skin type.

almost every black player in the nba has them right at the shoulder/pec. they will fade tho.

imraan47 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok we should start to talk about how to get rid of them or reduce them to better word this after all the point of this thread is of that. 1st of, white marks will not go away, what ever u do. the only thing is u can fade them/blend them in with ur skin and u do this by tanning. Vit E cream or better yet, oil - which is more saturated than a cream should be used and applied daily. this oil can probably found at wallmart or an pharmacy. i suggest that you go to a pharmacy or shoppers drug mart and talk to them and they will tell u the right stuff.

certified weightdestroyer Mikalis_m's Avatar
    Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10)

no stretch marks here

i've put on over 50lbs over the last 3 years and i dont have any stretch marks. I train like a madman, arms started at 14" and now are 17" so dont tell me that if u dont have stretch marks ur a pansy cuase thats just bull****. i also put on cream before bed to make sure i dont get stretch marks cuase it thikn they look like crap (no offense to those of you who have them). they are avoidable if u take the necessary precautions.
    We're body builders. You have to love the pain....becuase pain....means.....results!

Machines don't fatigue. When I'm in the gym I suspend sanity, I become a machine.

Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mikalis_m
    i've put on over 50lbs over the last 3 years and i dont have any stretch marks. I train like a madman, arms started at 14" and now are 17" so dont tell me that if u dont have stretch marks ur a pansy cuase thats just bull****. i also put on cream before bed to make sure i dont get stretch marks cuase it thikn they look like crap (no offense to those of you who have them). they are avoidable if u take the necessary precautions.
    some people are also predesposed (sp?) to them you know genetics and stuff some people get them fairly easily and others dont for example i am pron to scar easly so i get strechies pretty bad. if i bulk to fast i am basically ****ed

certified weightdestroyer Mikalis_m's Avatar
    Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Majors
    some people are also predesposed (sp?) to them you know genetics and stuff some people get them fairly easily and others dont for example i am pron to scar easly so i get strechies pretty bad. if i bulk to fast i am basically ****ed
    good point, do you useo anything to help prevent it? i heard hemp cream works well, and i would thikn that aloe would work well too. i use just a generic brand of moisterizer.
    We're body builders. You have to love the pain....becuase pain....means.....results!

Machines don't fatigue. When I'm in the gym I suspend sanity, I become a machine.

Registered User StrongrthnIlook's Avatar
    StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongrthnIlook will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to the local drugstore and picked up some cream for pregnant ladies. I got the generic one for a few bucks and it helps. It has cocoa butter and vitamin E I believe.

This may help. When your skin starts to itch and feel a little tingly, that is the time to apply the cream. The beginning stages of stretch marks for me are these two things. I have learned this over the last 20+ of lifting. This is what has worked for me.

If you think about it, everything has a point of maximum elasticity. Your skin is no different. It can stretch a bit, but when that point is exceeded, blam! Stretch marks. Picture a hot dog in the microwave. Hope this helps.

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking lots of water helps, keeps the skin smooth.

On the positive side, if you get stretch marks that means you're getting bigger! So I'll be damned if that's a bad thing.
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

but does anyone have an answer to my orig question...why all mostly on one side? weird.

Originally Posted by pryme
    but does anyone have an answer to my orig question...why all mostly on one side? weird.
    That's one of lifes little mysteries.

Why do you have more hairs on your right eyebrow than your left?

Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Titan1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Luv em....

I was very skinny when I started lifting...170@6'4" out of H.S. I started lifting and gaining wieght...no gear. My glutes and quads quickly grew and stretch marks where all over. I loved it. I knew I was growing and thats all I cared about. Years later when I hit a particular muscle group hard they flare up and turn red...triceps especially. Being skinny and getting my face pounded all the way through H.S. has made me appreciate my stretch marks and the changes I have made mentally and physically through BB. The stereo-typical story happened years later. I saw one of the guys that used to beat the hell out me in grade school through H.S. He was fat and I didnt even recognize him. We talked for a bit and I had no fear of him anymore.
    Titan
    20 Years Bodybuilding
    Personal Trainer

Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiny_Ben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back around Dec '03 - Feb '04 I had crazy, crazy red stretchmarks on both arms similar to the pic posted. Then I got em on the outer chest, then tri's. The Walmart pharmacy guy sold me some Vitamin E cream meant for stretch marks and scars. Apply after showers and you're good to go. Two months later they're barely detectable.