Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vegangorefest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Something no one has mentioned is just the possibility of your core getting beefy rather than purely cut from heavy resistance training. For example, I noticed this phenomenon in myself a bit after a few months of doing heavy core resistance like a barbell torque, heavy weight russian twists, holding a plank while doing a heavy row on a machine, etc. All these things have increased my core strength, power, and overall athletic performance, but also have just made my core area bigger. You can easily tell if its muscle or fat that's bulging out a bit. Have you ever seen steroid users get the protruding stomach? It's cause their core and muscles around their organs gets huge, not cause they have high body fat.

LaBarrister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Me Too

I've been training for a marathon for just over 2 months. I'm up to 25+ miles per week now. I lift 3 days a week all over and swim every Sunday. I'm not skinny, not fat, but just right: 5'10", 175 (I don't know my fat %, but I've never been out of my BMI range since I was little, and I'm 20, now). When I flex, my entire abdominal region is cut: I'm talking upper, lower, shapely obliques, "V-cut", everything. But when I don't flex, my belly sort of sags and I have no definition. I eat very healthily and have for 3-4 months been eating this everyday: 3 eggs, oatmeal and milk in morning, 3 dishes of chicken, brown rice and salad during day. PB&J and milk near bed. I take no supplements and I don't drink anything but milk, water, and the occasional Muscle Milk or Poweraid on long runs (13 miles or more). Any advice?

LaBarrister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By the way, I'm not self-conscious, and I will not restrict my breathing by "flexing" or "sucking in" all day. I was really just curious about the whole situation. I think it's interesting.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by shewe90 View Post
    I wasnt sure where to post this... but it sort of has to do with fat so here it goes...Im not even close fat im about 5'10'' 160lbs and the top half of my abs are visible, however when I completely relax my stomach it almost looks like im pregnant. It looks very weird and I have to constantly suck in my stomach in order for it to look flat or not show through my shirt, im lifting 4 times a week and doing cardio about 3 times per week plus my diet is semi good so im pretty sure it not becuase of excess fat (it couldnt be if i can see the top sets of my abs could it?). When i flex it feels like theres little more than just skin covering the top of my abs and maybe <1 cm on the bottom. Does anyone know what this could be or how to fix it? thanks
    first off this could be entirely non-fat related. if you have an anteriorly titled pelvis it will cause your rectus abdominus to round out as you have described. second of all, if you have rather undefined, soft abdominals in their relaxed state this can happen. at age 22 both of these scenarios are a lot more likely than visceral fat which rarely persists in that amount in younger non obese individuals.
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*

Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! View Post
    Yeast can do this too ..
    like 75% of people have a yeast overgrowth ( candida ) and dont know it ..
    Ya know I thought candidia was a hoax. I tried a candidia diet for 2 weeks (hell), and my stomach got so flat. Ugh, not the result I wanted. That diet sucked.

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lacrosse_Skate View Post
    Ya know I thought candidia was a hoax. I tried a candidia diet for 2 weeks (hell), and my stomach got so flat. Ugh, not the result I wanted. That diet sucked.
    Did you mean to say your stomach got so "fat" ? Otherwise, I would assume being flat WOULD be the result you wanted.

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have the same problem, bigtime. Did a solid 6 weeks of hard cardio and dieting. Got rid of a lot of the outside fat, but stomach still protrudes. It's less for sure, but not gone. Depends on the day.

This is an old thread...did any of the original posters get their problem solved? If so, I"d like to hear how.

I'm going to try some transversus abdominis exercises and see if it helps.

backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) backdoora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    You have excess visceral fat, its fat under the skin and between the organs. Only way your going to lose that is diet and cardio. Question though, do you drink?
    Wait i have this problem too, and i do drink. is that whats causing it and why? is there any way to still drink but get rid of it (if there isnt cuting out alcohol wont be a problem)

Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Outsider7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

I have the same problem. Do a water fast for a day or 2. That will shrink your stomach to a smaller size. I don't think it's fat inside your body behind the skin. (nonsense =P) i think it's all just lack of diet over. When you go to eat the stomach produces less acid to digest food with who so go light you shouldn't feel stuffed.

joel246 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool help

Idk if this is me asking a question so here it goes. I'm 16 and I weigh 148 I'm not fat but my top stomach is bigger then the bottom. I swim run and much more. I have a 4 pack barely showing and working on it more and more. But my top stomach makes it look bad. What can I do to not have it be like that.

mcpilz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by corepuncher View Post
    I have the same problem, bigtime. Did a solid 6 weeks of hard cardio and dieting. Got rid of a lot of the outside fat, but stomach still protrudes. It's less for sure, but not gone. Depends on the day.

This is an old thread...did any of the original posters get their problem solved? If so, I"d like to hear how.

I'm going to try some transversus abdominis exercises and see if it helps.
    Hey there! I try to solve it too, whats the best way to do it? Which diet did u use? im soo desperate, dont know what to do...

mcpilz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wasnt sure where to post this... but it sort of has to do with fat so here it goes...Im not even close fat im about 5'10'' 160lbs and the top half of my abs are visible, however when I completely relax my stomach it almost looks like im pregnant. It looks very weird and I have to constantly suck in my stomach in order for it to look flat or not show through my shirt, im lifting 4 times a week and doing cardio about 3 times per week plus my diet is semi good so im pretty sure it not becuase of excess fat (it couldnt be if i can see the top sets of my abs could it?). When i flex it feels like theres little more than just skin covering the top of my abs and maybe <1 cm on the bottom. Does anyone know what this could be or how to fix it? thanks
    how did u solve it? plz report!

jenb88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re extended stomach

Hi I know this post is from a while ago but I seem to have the same problem slim everywhere except my lower abdominal which really sticks out and sometimes makes me look pregnant I've started to exercise alot more lately I so a thai class a week a fitness class a week and running I will post a pix but not sure how to do it?

jenb88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also I'm 56.2kg in weight

see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The proportion

DeanBlakemore1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please do not listen to non of that bull**** I have just read in all them answers! More Cardio, Less Carbs, Stop Creatine, Bla Bla Bla. BULL****. They don't have a clue, non of them.

You have a huge lower stomach right, but not fat? I'm guessing you also get lower back pain? And probably pronation? And probably weak hamstrings? And probably a dam tight lower back? And most importantly, you've probably never even stretched your hip flexors? Search - "Anterior Pelvic Tilt" into Google Images, now. Go on do it, open another tab and search it..

Thats what you have. You can fix it in around 6 month. To know how to fix it, Nevada's strongest man, Alan Thryll has uploaded a great video on YouTube. Search - "Your Back Is Wack" and watch it. (Part 1)

Your very welcome.

velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) velvetmudhole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, just curious...is your blood type A+

wtf at the bump
    I fap to your avi
    I cry during sad movies crew
    I love my family crew
    STL crew
    Sniffs screwdriver handles crew

maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) maxeleahy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lower your sodium.

palisicky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) palisicky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) palisicky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you stop eating and your belly shrinks it is that you are full of feces and gas and food maybe bloating from lactose viseral fat lol unless you eat like **** and your 40 years old

VIM731 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how old are you dude?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VIM731 View Post
    how old are you dude?
    This thread, and his post, is SEVEN years old.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?