1Michael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumbell Flyes / Peck Deck

Do these two do the same work?

Would it be a good idea to drop one? Which one?

BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrendanK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well personally I do a 2 sets of incline db flyes, and then two sets of cable crossovers at a different angle..The cables really seem to hit the inner chest on the "squeeze" and the db flyes seem to concentrate more so on the outer chest...That's just me though..
    "It is said that talent creates its own opportunities. But sometimes it seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents as well."

-Bruce Lee

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    eh..peck deck for me usually works my arms more than my chest but that maybe cause my arms are shorter

I dont think either of them is really great for mass though imho.
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd keep the DB flyes. The fly movement(arm horizontal adduction) works the:
    -coracobrachialis
    -pectoralis major
    and to a lesser degree:
    -deltoid anterior
    -latissimus dorsi
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 1Michael
    Do these two do the same work?

Would it be a good idea to drop one? Which one?
    If you're talking about this one, it can be a risky exercise if your elbows are high on the pads or you let them go too far back. I'm probably in a small club on this one, but I always found it to be a really effective exercise for chest since it completely zeros in on the horizontal adduction movement. If you keep your elbows from traveling back behind your shoulders, and keep them below the line of your shoulders, it should be reasonably safe.

The seated machine fly is probably the better (safer) machine however. Where the machines and cables really excel and the DB flyes fall short, is in the resistance curve. As the DBs near the top of the arc, there isn't much resistance, making it more of a "stretch" exercise.

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_
    If you're talking about this one, it can be a risky exercise if your elbows are high on the pads or you let them go too far back. I'm probably in a small club on this one, but I always found it to be a really effective exercise for chest since it completely zeros in on the horizontal adduction movement. If you keep your elbows from traveling back behind your shoulders, and keep them below the line of your shoulders, it should be reasonably safe.

The seated machine fly is probably the better (safer) machine however. Where the machines and cables really excel and the DB flyes fall short, is in the resistance curve. As the DBs near the top of the arc, there isn't much resistance, making it more of a "stretch" exercise.
    I agree with the resistance curve comment. Although I'm partial to free weights, cable flyes would hit your chest a lot better.
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)