JSmile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Have you ever gotten the "pump?"

I saw pumping iron the other day and it was awesome! Arnold was a lot smarter than I figured and explained the whole pump thing. Then 4 days later at the gym at about 40 minutes into my lifting, my arms became so big that I couldn't even move them

I'd imagine everyone else gets this after lifting, but does it continue? Get better? Looking foward to hammering the gym after a week off.

PS: Today was a cheat for me. Last time I cheated was on June 8. I ate an entire pizza. I feel like ****
    3/15: 365lbs.
    Was on a Starvation Diet till 6/1 and found bb.com
    6/1: 290lbs
    7/26:255lbs
    8/1: 252lbs
    8/8: 250lbs
    8/15:247lbs
    8/22:243lbs
    9/12:239lbs
    40/40/20 with heavy lifting and cardio 3-4 days a week.
    Immediate goal: 220 lbs by December 15, 2005.
    Short Term Goal: 8% bf by May 9, 2006.
    Long Term Goal: 210 and 8%bf(Thanks to DJohnson)

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

Hearse Driving Weirdo Psychoholic's Avatar
    Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love the pump. If you want to get that 'mind blowing pump' you need to hook it up with some NO2 (I like NO-Xplode, it all around kicks ass).

I'm currently doing Max-OT and the pump isn't as dramatic as when you do lighter weight with more reps and really fill the muscle with blood. But I definitely get stronger doing max-ot, so I'll go pumpless for about 8 weeks and then really hammer on it again.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Training with BBG!

01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JSmile
    I saw pumping iron the other day and it was awesome! Arnold was a lot smarter than I figured and explained the whole pump thing. Then 4 days later at the gym at about 40 minutes into my lifting, my arms became so big that I couldn't even move them

I'd imagine everyone else gets this after lifting, but does it continue? Get better? Looking foward to hammering the gym after a week off.

PS: Today was a cheat for me. Last time I cheated was on June 8. I ate an entire pizza. I feel like ****
    i also just watched the movie for the first time and learned the exact same thing as arnold. i always though he was jus some dumb muscleman but he's actually very smart as for the pump i get it every now and then GREAT
    currently trying to get ripped for summer

ive learned that for this to work u gotta go beyond what u usually do because if u keep doing the same ol stuff your gonna get the same old results

jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heh yeah, good movie..

mike katz owns the gym i go to and lives a couple houses down from me

Originally Posted by 01tmac01
    i also just watched the movie for the first time and learned the exact same thing as arnold. i always though he was jus some dumb muscleman but he's actually very smart as for the pump i get it every now and then GREAT
    Arnold was amazing. Everyone built him out to be this God and he did have an amazing body. But he outplayed the competition with his mind first.

I guess this should be a SPOILER ALERT!

With Lou, he just embarrased him at the final competition, but then he told everyone about his birthday and got him a cake. Then he just sat down while Lou was so embarrased and started smoking a blunt. Arnold is the man

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

Originally Posted by jared`
    heh yeah, good movie..

man they made him out to be such a dick in the movie! thats pretty cool though.

Male, 19 years old, 6'2.

01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 01tmac01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jared`
    heh yeah, good movie..

IS HE STILL RIPPED LIKE HE WAS? AND DID U EVER GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO HIM?
    currently trying to get ripped for summer

ive learned that for this to work u gotta go beyond what u usually do because if u keep doing the same ol stuff your gonna get the same old results

jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jared` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hes pretty old now, but his chest is still huge. ive talked to him a few times, just about our neighborhood and such.. cant really figure out much to say to him lol... its pretty cool seeing him help people train and stuff tho, hes a really nice guy.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I lift 5x5, rarely do I get a pump anymore.

For a great pump, do 21s. Not that a pump means you got a good workout, it's all psychological...

2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BShredded is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Psychoholic
    ...I'm currently doing Max-OT and the pump isn't as dramatic as when you do lighter weight with more reps and really fill the muscle with blood. But I definitely get stronger doing max-ot, so I'll go pumpless for about 8 weeks and then really hammer on it again.
    I started MaxOT for the first time this week and noticed no pump as well. But it was awesome to lift more weight, even though fewer reps, and I felt it longer than doing 3 x 8. 4 hours after lifting my legs were still jello this morning.
    Height 5'11"
    Starting weight 196 lbs
    Starting bf 27%

As of 5/1/06
    weight 175 lbs
    bf 20%

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, I get a great pump while working my biceps, ..also my triceps & Chest.

Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success