weakman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my workout routine...is it good for strength

mon's
    chest & back

tues
    shoulders & arms

thurs'
    chest & back

frid's
    shoulders & arms

i aint even going to bother with the legs as they are strong as i want them to be..

for my chest workout.i do the following..from now on.

benchpress 140.lbs 10x10 rest 3 mins between each set.

for my back i do bent over rows

100.lbs 10x10 rest 3 mins between each set.

for arms i do the following.

concetration curls seated on the end of the bench.

20.lbs 10x10 rest 3 mins between each set.

then forearm curls

20.lbs. 3 sets of 30 then rest between each set then finally do 10 totaling 100.

triceps extension.

20.lbs 10x10 rest 4 mins between each set..tough! i'm weak.

close crip bench press.

75.lbs 10x10 then rest 3 mins between each set.

for shoulders i do the following.

plate raises with a 45.lb plate 60x...incredible workout..

then do side lat raises. with a 10.lb dumbell 40x..kills me after plate raises.

i then quit

with this routine i get plenty of rest between chest and arms for strength training a friend of mine suggested i work the chest 3 times a week i said no 2 times per week is plenty for me..

is this routine good or should i change something else..

i also have upped the poundage from a 135.lbs to 140.lbs i plain on doing that every two weeks until i can no longer get 10 in a row in a set...

all in all it takes 1 hour to do the chest and back. and 1 hour and 12 minutes to the arms..
    bench..155lbs workout.old bench was 205..now its 225 up 20.lbs from last week.. this is starting to get intresting.:)

curl...40lbs one arm MAX
    squat...200lbs MAX
    military press...110lbs workout 140lbs max
    deadlift...300lbs MAX

using olympic weights for this workout i can do a lot more weight with standard weights and bar..

been working out for almost a month now. have gotten a little stronger..

Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont know....Personally I think that would be overtraining. Id go with something like this...

Back/Bis
    - Back - 3/4 exercises - 9/12 sets total, all for 4-6 reps p/set
    - Bis - 3 exercsies - 6 sets total, 4-6 reps p/set

Shoulders/Traps
    - Shoulders -3 exercises - 9 sets total, 4-6 reps p/set
    - Traps - 3 sets total, 6-10 reps p/set

Chest/Tris
    - Chest - 3 exercises - 9 sets total, 4-6 reps p/set
    - Tris - 3 exercises - 9 sets total, 4-6 reps p/set
    Team Scivation

"The beauty of understanding how to defeat pain is recognizing that it does exist" - Ray Lewis

"The gym is my personal practice field where i dominate and win, and when I walk out those doors, I take my skills to the grand show of life" - Dwayne Johnson

Journal -
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=632957613&posted=1#post632957613[/url]

DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nobody train legs? 10x10 is not a way I'd be inclined to train.
    "Something witty and humorous"

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To be honest, your squat and deadlift maxs are pretty laughable. Not really sure why you wouldn't want them stronger...

TinCupFanClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3-4 minutes seems like an awfully long time to rest between sets.

I just found out recently that I get a much better workout by cutting the number of sets per muscle group down to 8-10 and only resting 30-45 seconds between.

DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) DavetheDog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TinCupFanClub
    3-4 minutes seems like an awfully long time to rest between sets.
    Not for strength training.

TinCupFanClub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why is that?

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DavetheDog
    Not for strength training.
    Depends wether or not it's on his dynamic effort day

Originally Posted by momotheglutton
    Depends wether or not it's on his dynamic effort day
    Fair enough

weakman83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    momotheglutton..

i have only been working out for 23 days so far you would not believe the progress i have made.

i started working out on april 28 of last month and let me tell you i am getting stronger and stronger by the weeks pass..

when i first started i couldnt even bench 100.lbs twice now i can do 205.lbs just last week i could barely do 180.lbs on the benchpress.

and today i did a max rep set with 155 according to the 1rm calculator my bench is now possible at 224.lbs..

and my miltiary press was laughable at best 3 weeks ago 75.lbs twice and that was it and its getting higher each time i try it now i can 150.lbs once. and both of my rotator cups are ruined from playing football in highschool..

and the squat i done it the first time the other day and did 300 easily as thats all the weight i have i dont go to a gym either..

i may be weak right now but in 6 weeks i bet you i will benching 275.lbs..

i really dont care for working the legs as my legs are as strong as i would like them to be..

again if i havent already said it i am total newb to this whole working out thing what got me motivated was watching bill kazmeir and other strong men compete on espn...
    bench..155lbs workout.old bench was 205..now its 225 up 20.lbs from last week.. this is starting to get intresting.:)

curl...40lbs one arm MAX
    squat...200lbs MAX
    military press...110lbs workout 140lbs max
    deadlift...300lbs MAX

using olympic weights for this workout i can do a lot more weight with standard weights and bar..

been working out for almost a month now. have gotten a little stronger..

Well, I can tell you that those strong men are certainly not neglecting their legs. I'm not sure why you think that is enough, but when you look at most of their events, it's a combination of both upper and lower body strength. I'm not saying that your progress is bad or anything, but I don't think it makes sense to stop training your lower body when it's at a level that most would consider weak. Especially if you're training for strength purposes. If you want to be strong you can't let any part of your body get weak and your whole body has to be able to work together in unison. I may have said it a bit harshly, but you'll regret it later on if you just train your beach muscles.

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not training legs is just plain stupid...your leg strength plays a big role in your bench. You legs give you a good solid base and you drive the weight up by pushing through your legs and pushing up with your arms/shoulders/chest.

ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErforceMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool

Originally Posted by weakman83

i aint even going to bother with the legs as they are strong as i want them to be..
    I'm going to put it like this, you absolutly HAVE to train legs if you want to keep progressing with your strength training! Strong legs balance your body out, do not neglect legs...Stronger Quads = Stronger Back = Stronger base for Bench...

Heres a tip for strength...pick two muscles groups you want to workout (Tris/Chest for ex)...

Do 3 perfect reps for tris then alternate with 3 perfect reps for chest...do 5 sets for both...

this allows you to focus on proper form, use heavier weight and you won't fatigue your muscles as quick.....and then my friend you have a muscle
    (((SomE aRe WarrioRs)))
    While Some are Just gettinG by....
    which one are u????

Ht: 5'6
    Wt: 190
    Body Fat 6%
    Best Bench: 330
    Best Squat: 405
    Leg press: 600

#1 workout in the world: Coach Staleys EDT!!!!