Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cable Cross Over, need advice

http://austin.craigslist.org/spo/389960123.html

I have been looking for a cross over machine for a while and stumbled across this. Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

If this isn't a decent piece of equipment do any of you know of a place that sells cheap but decent cable cross overs?

Thanks

Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a cable crossover machine and if I was to get rid of one piece of equipment that'd be it. This one looks like it has some sort of rack funtion which would be a must... As for the cable part, theres a kagillion other things that you can get that's more effective and space freindly before a crossover.
    Food is fuel.

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000) misstransformer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Pizbo View Post
    http://austin.craigslist.org/spo/389960123.html

I have been looking for a cross over machine for a while and stumbled across this. Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

If this isn't a decent piece of equipment do any of you know of a place that sells cheap but decent cable cross overs?

Thanks
    What type of machine is that for $100? I've been looking for a cable machine to work all body parts, and the most reasonable price I've found so far is $500(new). If someone is selling a cable crossover for that price I'd jump on it. I've been checking Craigs List everyday for one. Miss T

Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pizbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well the thing is I want to be able to do chest flyes safely. I figured a cable machine would be safer than dumbbells.

Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well the thing is I want to be able to do chest flyes safely. I figured a cable machine would be safer than dumbbells.
    The next best thing would be a butterfly attachment for your bench. It won't be free-form like a crossover, but it'll be safer than dummbells if you're worried about the stretch at the bottom.
    Trump 2016!

Founder: "No Tattoos" Crew

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ex-Terminator View Post
    The next best thing would be a butterfly attachment for your bench. It won't be free-form like a crossover, but it'll be safer than dummbells if you're worried about the stretch at the bottom.
    Are you talking about those cheapass butterfly attachment you see on weider benches?

Here's a thought, DO DUMBBELL FLYES!

Again, the problem with dumbbell flyes is that I usually work out by myself and tend to work until failure... meaning there is nothing, at least nothing I know of, that will catch the weights much less my arms from falling. If someone knows of a way, technique, that can help with this I would appreciate it. So far the only thing I have found is a cable cross over.

Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000) Ex-Terminator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Again, the problem with dumbbell flyes is that I usually work out by myself and tend to work until failure... meaning there is nothing, at least nothing I know of, that will catch the weights much less my arms from falling. If someone knows of a way, technique, that can help with this I would appreciate it. So far the only thing I have found is a cable cross over.
    Back when I was doing flyes, once I hit failure I would just flip my hands and let the dumbbells go "clunk." I'll get flamed for this and I don't care; I still say that a butterfly attachment is a valid option.
    Trump 2016!

Originally Posted by Joey Mo View Post
    Are you talking about those cheapass butterfly attachment you see on weider benches?

Here's a thought, DO DUMBBELL FLYES!
    Read his post above. He's concerned about safety.
    Trump 2016!

I wish I could do that terminator, just need something besides a vinyl floor to catch the dumbbells lol. It's a shame too because I have over 300 lbs of the smaller weights you can put on dumbbells. I will look into the butterfly attachment. Thanks Terminator. repped

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ex-Terminator View Post
    Read his post above. He's concerned about safety.
    Well call me crazy but start off light...when your use to it go heavy...afraid to drop them...make a lifting platform out of wood...don't want to? BUY MATS

This isn't rocket science..because other than that, I don't think there's anything unsafe about flyes...not 100 percent sure though

JM

the reason I won't BUY A MAT is because they cost between $200 and $350 which is more than this cable machine.

I thought about making platforms but there are so many exercises of varying heights that I would need about 5 of them... and don't have the room for that.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the reason I won't BUY A MAT is because they cost between $200 and $350 which is more than this cable machine.

I thought about making platforms but there are so many exercises of varying heights that I would need about 5 of them... and don't have the room for that.
    you can buy 4'x6' rubber mats for your floor for about $60. just put one under your bench and then you can drop your dumbells on it. or, just stop doing flyes before you reach failure.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Animal, where can you find mats that cheap? Everything I've seen is much more than that.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Animal, where can you find mats that cheap? Everything I've seen is much more than that.
    you can get them at a horse/farm supply store, like tractor supply co (tsc), they are for horse trailers. i haven't bought any yet, but my cousin did. i've seen them advertised at tsc for $40 on sale.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()