Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can Box squats be used on ME day if your doing speed box squats on DE day?

Can Box squats be used on ME day if your doing speed box squats on DE day?
    height-5'4
    weight-162 (October 22/2005 at weigh in for first comp)
    current weight(April 29/2006)-202

accomplishments:
    1st place in the Junior Men's category at the Western Ontario Championships (October 22/2005)
    p.b.raw Bench:315*10
    p.b.raw Squat:515 max
    p.b.raw Deadlift:545
    p.b.dumbbell shoulder press-130s*4
    p.b.leg press-1475*8

goals to be met by end of June 2006:
    #1.Win the Junior Men's category at the Ontario Championships (June 17/2006)

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think (hope) so. That's what I've been doing. But my understanding is that squats aren't too great of a ME exercise and that deadlifts and good mornings are better.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes box squats are great. use bands and chains too.

Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Porky do you know of any stores that carry bands and chains, I don't like ordering over the internet.
    height-5'4
    weight-162 (October 22/2005 at weigh in for first comp)
    current weight(April 29/2006)-202

accomplishments:
    1st place in the Junior Men's category at the Western Ontario Championships (October 22/2005)
    p.b.raw Bench:315*10
    p.b.raw Squat:515 max
    p.b.raw Deadlift:545
    p.b.dumbbell shoulder press-130s*4
    p.b.leg press-1475*8

goals to be met by end of June 2006:
    #1.Win the Junior Men's category at the Ontario Championships (June 17/2006)

Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000) Assassin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Strongman Mikey
    Porky do you know of any stores that carry bands and chains, I don't like ordering over the internet.
    here's the real question: are you more concerned about the same size chains Westside uses or the actual weight you are using? local hardware will have chain, you just need to get more in order to have the same weight throughout the movement. if you only have 3/8" or 1/2" chain, just add it up. 20 feet of 3/8" chain is the same weight as 5 feet of 3/4" chain. eBay actually has really good deals on industrial chains. if you have local tractor stores, they have the 5/8" and 3/4" towing chain. expensive (~$100 for two 5 foot lengths of 5/8" chain, at least where I live here in MA)

look for the amount of weight you need, then figure out how much of which size chain. you can save quite a bit buying thinner chain, in bigger quantity.

as for bands, I think you might be stuck ordering online. I have yet to see anyone with the jumbo size bands, but haven't looked since I ordered mine from Elite FTS. Nazbar has similar bands, for a cheaper price. hope that helps.

-Assassin
    900/705/633/2125

-Training Log-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110620001
    -YouTube Channel-
    www.youtube.com/user/rgoldstone
    -Twitter-
    @DerbHean

Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes. Rotate between a GM movement, a squat movement, and a DL movement. Once you pin-point weaknesses you can start emphasizing different ones to make improve those weaknesses.

Mr. Sinister