Imp0rtRacr21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose the fat covering my abs

I am a pretty lean guy, but what fat I do have on my body all sits on my stomach. There is enough there that I can pinch it between my fingers. I am certain that this is covering my abs that I work so hard on. I know that it is impossible to spot reduce it from my abs, and that I have to diet in order to lose it. Now since I am pretty thin, I still want to eat alot so I continue to grow, but if I continue to eat this way I won't lose the fat. So how should I eat?

Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sn_R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat, but eat health with lots of protien. Try HIIT training and don't bother doing crunches or exercises specific to the abs.

squats and milk = growth niCe99's Avatar
    niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Diet + cardio + ab lifts = ABS
    Diet - Eat healthy such as high protein meats. keep your caloric intake around 1500 or so.
    Cardio - I suggest HIIT 15 mins and its good.
    Ab Lifts - even if you are 8% bodyfat, your abs still won't pop out or show well. Abs are a muscle and they are no different from any other muscle such as your deltorids or chest.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9087539#post9087539

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by niCe99
    Diet + cardio + ab lifts = ABS
    Diet - Eat healthy such as high protein meats. keep your caloric intake around 1500 or so.
    Cardio - I suggest HIIT 15 mins and its good.
    Ab Lifts - even if you are 8% bodyfat, your abs still won't pop out or show well. Abs are a muscle and they are no different from any other muscle such as your deltorids or chest.
    Agreed. If there is no muscle to show, you won't see any abs. But basically, abs are all about body fat.
    There is no spot reduction of fat, so don't bother only doing crunches just to get your abs visible.

CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrimsonGolem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are that low on BF, I'd suggest just bulking up. Yeah you will gain a bit more fat all around your body, but since you're already lean your muscles growing will make it look like you do not have as much fat as you really do. Then since you'll be bulking you can work on getting some gains in your abs. So when you're ready to cut away all that fat you would have put on some muscle and you abs will show up better then if you would just go right to cutting next week.

I still want to eat alot so I continue to grow, but if I continue to eat this way I won't lose the fat.
    You cannot gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time unless you've worked out that certain amount of calories you need to be able to lose fat and gain muscle, and you would have to be very very strick on the diet as well.

That's what I would suggest, you said you're a lean guy. So I would not do a cutting phase JUST to get visible abs. I'd bulk up so every other muscle gets more visible, then cut down and the abs will come out.
    ~Reasons to do cardio During a Bulk~
    You will be able to bulk for longer with less bodyfat
    You will be able to cut for less time
    Cardio makes you hungry, so you eat more
    It will increase your oxygen uptake, more endurance
    Allows you to increase calories eaten
    Improves circulation so your protein and supps get there more efficiently
    Increases recuperation by ridding you of lactic acid

Freshmen Year HS: Size 42, 230 lbs
    End of Senior Year HS: Size 32, 168 lbs

MattPearson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1500 cals is a little low dont ya think?

AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MattPearson

Yeah man thats almost starvation
    "The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

My Stats:
    Height 6'1
    Weight 171lbs
    Kuwait

ARMY Strong!

JayT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MattPearson
    Im 6'3'', 180 lbs. When I cut, I drop down to 1500 cals.
    175 lbs of Tempored Steel and Sex Appeal

If you have it, Flaunt It mikeymontana's Avatar
    mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikeymontana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JayT
    Thats like 1 god danm glass weight gainer
    crunch time.

DavisWR31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trained TBagger
    Thats like 1 god danm glass weight gainer
    Thats less. GNC's weight gainer has 1850.

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Originally Posted by JayT
    Why would you want to cut? At 6'3'', 180 lbs. is pretty damn skinny....

glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sn'R
    Eat, but eat health with lots of protien. Try HIIT training and don't bother doing crunches or exercises specific to the abs.
    I think you forgot to add in "only" before doing.

If you are clean bulking and want abs you definitely need to incorporate HIIT. If you have already minimal body fat you can continue to clean bulk and as a rule of the thumb, it is time to reduce your cals intake once you can no longer see your abs. That will tell you when it is time to decrease food intake and increase HIIT.

Tho dont expect miracles as alot of people have already said the ability to see the abs is genetically inherited and depends on metaboliic rates which comes hand in hand wth fat levels.

thankfully, i eat big and can still see them. I am one of the lucky ones, tho i cannot be too complacent and need to keep up the HIIT.

Also liike some of the other guys said, ab exercises such as crunches etc are vital and should be performed with a weight for a higher number of reps, with minimal rest between sets.

Pacilli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im 6'1'' AND I know about ab cutting.....

Originally Posted by glasgow_celtic View Post
    I think you forgot to add in "only" before doing.

If you are clean bulking and want abs you definitely need to incorporate HIIT. If you have already minimal body fat you can continue to clean bulk and as a rule of the thumb, it is time to reduce your cals intake once you can no longer see your abs. That will tell you when it is time to decrease food intake and increase HIIT.

Tho dont expect miracles as alot of people have already said the ability to see the abs is genetically inherited and depends on metaboliic rates which comes hand in hand wth fat levels.

thankfully, i eat big and can still see them. I am one of the lucky ones, tho i cannot be too complacent and need to keep up the HIIT.

Also liike some of the other guys said, ab exercises such as crunches etc are vital and should be performed with a weight for a higher number of reps, with minimal rest between sets.
    If your at 8% and look alright everywhere else but your focus is abs, I would say do weighted crunches to work ALLL parts of your abdomen. Diet at about 1500-1800 calories, VERY low carbs and High protein. I am 6'1''have 10% bodyfat and am working on making a slightly visible 8 pack before I try and cut to my goal of 5-6% bodyfat. I am gaining in that same way but at about 1000-1300 calories because Im italian and I have to have my pasta(carbs). I say I know about ab cutting because I went from potbelly to 6 pack in like 3 months of hardwork, cardio, and high caffeine intake. I was at 197 pounds....Im now 171

TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheWunNOnly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pacilli View Post
    If your at 8% and look alright everywhere else but your focus is abs, I would say do weighted crunches to work ALLL parts of your abdomen. Diet at about 1500-1800 calories, VERY low carbs and High protein. I am 6'1''have 10% bodyfat and am working on making a slightly visible 8 pack before I try and cut to my goal of 5-6% bodyfat. I am gaining in that same way but at about 1000-1300 calories because Im italian and I have to have my pasta(carbs). I say I know about ab cutting because I went from potbelly to 6 pack in like 3 months of hardwork, cardio, and high caffeine intake. I was at 197 pounds....Im now 171
    nice bump

FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiNdThEBaLaNcE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pacilli View Post

I am gaining in that same way but at about 1000-1300 calories because Im italian
    donotwant to be italian.