Suns Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ddrios34's Avatar
    ddrios34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Funny Stationary Bike Question

All right guys you guys can laugh at me all you want but everytime i do the stationary bike for a certain amount of time(about 20 minutes) my whole package goes numb. LOL it scares the **** out of me have any of you guys experienced it??? And i'm not sitting on it in away i just have no idea why this happens as soon as it does i jump off that thing. If ya'll have experienced this or know if this will cause me problems downstairs let me know????? thanks
    12-6-04: 294lbs 23% bodyfat
    12-20-04: 284lbs
    12-27-04: 281lbs
    01-03-04: 284lbs :(
    02-07-04: 272

Goal: 08-01-05: 210lbs 10% bodyfat

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try a different bike seat? I don't know man, I've been riding a stationary bike 5x a week 30+ minutes a shot for nearing 5 months now, and I have never experienced that. Ever.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats a common problem with bike seats, it could cause impotence and other things, most aftermarket and high end bikes come with a cutout right behind where your sac is, i guess there is some kind of nerve or something there, if you go to a bike shop or do some searches on the net about biking you'll find out. good luck man.
    37 yrs old, 6'1" 240 lbs 22%bf

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thats a common problem with bike seats, it could cause impotence and other things,
    I am 1" away from selling my stationary bike lol.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50) brakemasterjay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

its called Bicycle Seat Neuropathy

Originally Posted by skelooth
    I am 1" away from selling my stationary bike lol.
    LOL sorry

heres a couple reads

http://www.hhp.ufl.edu/keepingfit/ARTICLE/seats.HTM

http://erectile-dysfunction.trexcatn...-bicycle.shtml

http://www.cyclingreviews.com/news.php?read=0242646

http://www.emedicine.com/sports/topic12.htm

I dont mean to scare you guys, i'm a avid mountain biker and i have never had a problem.

Originally Posted by ddrios34
    All right guys you guys can laugh at me all you want but everytime i do the stationary bike for a certain amount of time(about 20 minutes) my whole package goes numb. LOL it scares the **** out of me have any of you guys experienced it??? And i'm not sitting on it in away i just have no idea why this happens as soon as it does i jump off that thing. If ya'll have experienced this or know if this will cause me problems downstairs let me know????? thanks

hey ddrios34 heres a quote from one of the links i posted that fits your symptom- reported symptoms of either numbness or pain in the pudendal area

very interesting read (first link)

I guess i'm fortunate I haven't experienced that, I've been biking for years.

DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same thing happens to me on the up-right riders.
    I have switched to the one with you legs in front of you, what are they called, recumbents??

Anyway, Merrry Christmas to all

Suns Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ddrios34's Avatar
    ddrios34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome for the info guys i really apperciate it lots....today i moved to the stair climbers and did some hiit loved it.
    12-6-04: 294lbs 23% bodyfat
    12-20-04: 284lbs
    12-27-04: 281lbs
    01-03-04: 284lbs :(
    02-07-04: 272

Goal: 08-01-05: 210lbs 10% bodyfat

try the eliptical too that thing burns major cals. i love it.