Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Who is your role model? Be realistic...

I just saw 'The Punisher' and was pretty impressed with actor Tom Jane's physique. I know most hardcore lifters here will laugh at that but I think for an all-natural average joe, Tom has built a solid physique. He looks to be around 6'1" 185-190 lbs. at around 4% bodyfat. I figure 90% of the population does not have the genetics to be built like a pro bodybuilder (no matter how many years of training, diet and 'roids they use) so I'm starting to look at more realistic role models. I'm just curious who you guys use as role models...

Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 1hardgainer
    I just saw 'The Punisher' and was pretty impressed with actor Tom Jane's physique. I know most hardcore lifters here will laugh at that but I think for an all-natural average joe, Tom has built a solid physique. He looks to be around 6'1" 185-190 lbs. at around 4% bodyfat. I figure 90% of the population does not have the genetics to be built like a pro bodybuilder (no matter how many years of training, diet and 'roids they use) so I'm starting to look at more realistic role models. I'm just curious who you guys use as role models...
    4% my ass.
    You were almost entertaining.

1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Man-Mountain
    4% my ass.

Have you seen the movie? How high do you think his bodyfat is?

Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roeko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Brad pitt's body, "Fight club".

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    It's hard for me to pick a realistic person... Most people in the neighborhood of my height, that are celebrity's etc... Are un-realistic looking people, Pro wrestlers and stuff like that...

I'd like to say someone like Bill Goldberg... But that's way off the reality scale... I suppose Edge, with more of a chest, would probably be the closest thing to realistic... But I think that guy is dumb... And not that built anyway...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually have an article about Jane is mens health, how he tried and what weights he used. They said in there he squats around 550 and can leg press over 1000.
    Blah blah

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Desp
    I actually have an article about Jane is mens health, how he tried and what weights he used. They said in there he squats around 550 and can leg press over 1000.
    550 at 185? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Whew......

OK, I'm ok.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i always wanted to look like either steve reeves, or ivan drago aka dolph lungren (the physique he had in rocky 4)
    i have the genetics for it, i just need to bulk up maybe 15-20 more pounds and i will be there, im pretty confident about achieving this goal, i think that we all need to be confident in order to succeed in something like this!
    -The Age of Mount- resumes

"Get a look at greatness!"

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dookie1481
    550 at 185? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Whew......

OK, I'm ok.
    lol , good we wouldnt want you to die from laughter there!
    -The Age of Mount- resumes

"Get a look at greatness!"

thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Charles Atlas, Jim Haislop physiques are my goal, and I think its very doable

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Popeye.....gotta get those forearms a little bigger yet....
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sylvester Stallone (Rocky!!!) Not just for his body, but for his dedication. His story is very inspirational for me, because he's so damn dedicated.

Otherwise, maybe The Rock.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) homer77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    spiritually or as a human being - jesus christ
    imposible to live up to.

as a bodybuilder? dorian, arnold, ronnie or anyone who can stay in the game

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skelooth
    Sylvester Stallone (Rocky!!!) Not just for his body, but for his dedication. His story is very inspirational for me, because he's so damn dedicated.

me too !

Blood&Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blood&Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blood&Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As far as the pros go, I look up to short guys like me (5'5")
    Dexter Jackson
    Franco Columbu
    Lee Priest
    Derik Farnsworth

But you can only have so much appreciation for genetic freaks on steroids...

So really anyone who can build an impressive body (size and strength) with crap genetics and without steroids has my respect and admiration.

Layne "str8flexed" Norton - big inspiration there, that guy just keeps getting bigger!

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blood&Iron
    As far as the pros go, I look up to short guys like me (5'5")
    Dexter Jackson
    Franco Columbu
    Lee Priest
    Derik Farnsworth

But you can only have so much appreciation for genetic freaks on steroids...

So really anyone who can build an impressive body (size and strength) with crap genetics and without steroids has my respect and admiration.

Layne "str8flexed" Norton - big inspiration there, that guy just keeps getting bigger!
    Yeah, I'm short too; always wanted to look like Franco. Someday.....
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yea here's another Franco fan......I always thought he looked harder and stronger than any other Mr. O.

He probably was, pound for pound anyway.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess The Rock since my wife says I look like him. Of course Arnold is inspirational too but a little too unrealistic. Heck, the Rock may be a little too unrealistic to but maybe not.

Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overcome002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Christian Bale in the Machinist
    "Without pain, without sacrifice, we'd have nothing."

"Nothing worth having in life comes free."

"**** the past, I live for the moment. I live for the future, where I plan to spend the rest of my life."

OVERCOME

Sacramento M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd like to say "The Rock" but probably a more realistic goal would be something like Edward Norton in American History X.
    Dustin

HEIGHT: 6'.05"
    WEIGHT: 184lbs
    BF: 21%

mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdoggypoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    being 5'10'' and watching a lot of football, i strive for the physique of a running back. ones that come to mind, ahman green, thomas jones, basically the guys that weigh around 215-220. i dont weigh that much, but id like to think those guys have a TON more weight it there legs than i do.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you seen the movie? How high do you think his bodyfat is?
    it's not his understanding of Jane's body that is off
    its your understanding of biology
    4% bodyfat is PROBUBLY not a survivable level of bodyfat
    but your point is fine and that body's a fine model
    now are you saying who is our ideal bodytype then?
    not someone we look up to for other reasons?

Juan305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will have to say that my role model would have to be LL Cool J.Hopefully one day I would have his physice.(I know it will take time and commitment)

deowal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    woody allen

Jaime1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bruce Lee
    Too fast for ya!!

C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C Hall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, Ed Norton in "AHX." Arnold, Ronnie, etc. are a bunch or roid-freaks.

Jason Giambi was my idol until his body started breaking down.

JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just saw 'The Punisher' and was pretty impressed with actor Tom Jane's physique.
    Just curious who you guys use as role models...
    How stange is that.

I saw the movie over the weekend and was thinking the same thing.

I can't speak for everyone but I think as we get older we start to show less interest in the cartoon characters in the magazines and look to guys who have the whole package.

I think Tom Jane is one of those guys.
    "Pain is a state of MIND -
    - Mass is a state of BEING"
    This one is my own.

-Jon- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Desp
    what article did you read? the one i read said he had a personal trainer that forced him to workout like crazy (twice a day etc) on a perfect diet with a personal nutritionist, and that it was a horrible time in his life. He would never keep that lifestyle up and that he doesnt mind being chunky or not so strong. no way he can lift that much.

his physique was slightly impressive, thats somewhat along the lines of what i strive for, i little harder look though.

IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronTank will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Triple H's body was sick a few years ago. He's slowly getting it back. That's the body I would want.

mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mterminator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Victor Martinez.