wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How should I increase my Cal. intake?

I'm trying to bulk, currently weighing 145lbs; 6ft. I seem to need around 3200 calories a day if not more. I'm taking whey, multi vits, just started taking creatine eating chicken breasts,ground chicken/turkey, eggs, egg white, oats,ww pasta, walnuts, natty pb. As well as other clean food.

Usually I'm getting about 250-270 g's of protein a day/ around 75 grams of fat and around 300 grams of carbs. Unfortunately my cals. end up short around 3000, or just under. So to up my calories what should I increase? Protein, carbs or fat. Carbs would be the easiest as oats are so calorie dense, tastey and affordable.

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sound like you're doing alright, 3000 isn't too bad. Try throwing in an extra cup of oats in the morning, you're pretty good on protein.
    You eat a whole lot better than I do.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

Cutting to 8-10% body fat GregElder's Avatar
    GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, your best bet is to start with some extra Complex Carbs(Oatmeal / Sweet Potato) etc. pre and post workout. This is the "safest" place to add cals. AFter that, breakfast is probably the next safest place to add some carbs b/c you've gone about 6-8 hours without food and are ready to absorb some serious nutrition.

After that, you might add some Egg White Omlettes throughout the day or maybe 1-2 hours before you go to sleep.

I've had some great success during the past 3-4 months drinking 2-3 cups of Skim Milk right before bed, OR eating some Cottage Cheese(fat free) right before bed. Keeps you "anabolic" for a longer period during the night.

Good luck!

Greg
    Visit my 2005 Cutting thread, I'm going for 8-10% body fat! :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=414595

Anticatabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely bump up those carbs. You don't need that much protein, but bump up the carbs quite a bit.

Here's a great post by Alan Aragon with some starting numbers for bulking:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth....3#post3546824