bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Why does this happen to me????

I'm in the process of dieting down and I have added 2-3 30 minute walks to my weight training to aid in fat loss. However, I'm losing definition and my muscles barely contract anymore. When I lift weights I can't get a pump at all anymore!! This has happened in the past when I have done a lot of cardio. I'm consuming about 250 to 300 grams of protein a day and drink plenty of water. My muscles feel like plato and I have lost all the hardness to them. This is so frustrating!!! I want to be lean but I can't seem to succeed the way I want to.

Has anyone ever experienced this trying to lose fat?
    A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.

skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bomichaels View Post
    I'm in the process of dieting down and I have added 2-3 30 minute walks to my weight training to aid in fat loss. However, I'm losing definition and my muscles barely contract anymore. When I lift weights I can't get a pump at all anymore!! This has happened in the past when I have done a lot of cardio. I'm consuming about 250 to 300 grams of protein a day and drink plenty of water. My muscles feel like plato and I have lost all the hardness to them. This is so frustrating!!! I want to be lean but I can't seem to succeed the way I want to.

Has anyone ever experienced this trying to lose fat?
    the fact that your muscles feel like playdough, no pump, contractions should have nothing to do with you doing a few 30 minute walks.

There must be certain other factors. Whats your diet in general? that's quite a bit of protein on a cut, how many cals overall?
    Are you taking vits, aminos, anything else?

I don't know the situation but some of it might be mental, bad cut diet catching up with you, or lack of sleep
    8/15/06 - 256 LBS 32ish%
    3/20/07 - 233 LBS 21ish%
    Still cutting.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=958913

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How much did you cut back carbs?

bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomichaels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Diet

8:00am - Oatmeal mixed w/50 gram protein powder, almonds, & raisens.

10am - 3 MS vegetable sausages (30 grams of protein)

12pm - Turkey sandwich (30 grams of protein)\

2pm - Protein bar (30 grams of protein)

4pm - Protein drink (50 grams of protein)

7pm - 10 egg whites, bowl of spinach, & 1 apple (60 grams protein)

10 pm - Protein shake (50 grams of protein)

Sleep is about 7 to 8 hours per night.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's the total calories and macros on that?

What did your diet look like when your muscles felt "normal"?

skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not too much in solid food and a lack of good fats in that diet.

no chicken/tuna/meat?
    8/15/06 - 256 LBS 32ish%
    3/20/07 - 233 LBS 21ish%
    Still cutting.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=958913

Total calories run about 2500. I do take flax seed oil 3 times a day plus I have almonds. I felt more muscle fullness before I started the walking program? I also take a multivitamin, B12, vitamin C, and amino's.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nithos View Post
    How much did you cut back carbs?
    This is the key! Carbs not only give your muscle fullness and hardness, but also are a big factor in providing the 'pump'.

Even when dieting down, you can retain the benefits of carbs in your workout by careful carb timing.

Basically, you can do this:

Breakfast - complex carbs
    Preworkout - complex carbs
    Postworkout - simple carbs
    All other meals - only fibrous carbs or no carbs

The exact portion sizes depend a lot on your calorie intake and macros, but you get the idea. Even on a low carb cutting diet, you should still be able to get a good pump if you time your carbs correctly.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post
    This is the key! Carbs not only give your muscle fullness and hardness, but also are a big factor in providing the 'pump'.

Even when dieting down, you can retain the benefits of carbs in your workout by careful carb timing.

The exact portion sizes depend a lot on your calorie intake and macros, but you get the idea. Even on a low carb cutting diet, you should still be able to get a good pump if you time your carbs correctly.
    Yep

HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by little_dan View Post

Yep x2
    You are born with a spark; to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Disipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you are on top and they say you are an overnight success, a natural. You smile, you know. - Anonymous

Burning desire to get out of bed in the morning!!

Even the BEST were taught by someone who knows more than them!