Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lock THIS!

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Cogar
    We used to have a guy on another board that always liked to air his complaints. He was then banned from a certain forum, but could still post in the remaining forums and respond to PMs. As it turns out, he went away. Why? Because he liked the attention and was not interested in solving the problem away from the public eye at all. If you don't want to PM anyone, you might consider why you are posting in the first place.
    I don't need to do this to draw attention to myself. I'm sorry you don't see why this important.
    I saw the film, said that's the life for me
    Forsake the mundane for some instability
    So sue me.

Protect your right to buy the supplements you want: www.usfa.biz

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by dio
    There was no activity from either of them when you locked the thread. As I've mentioned several times, its pretty suspicious that it was closed right after Dorian gave up.

My problem is that you closed every thread that leveled any criticism against you, after giving your own opinion. This was right after I mentioned that Dorian should've delivered another warning before banning someone.

And there was no spill over from that thread into others. As mentioned earlier, people like to see the industry people go at it. It draws traffic to the board -- look at the times of the highest viewing.

Both participants were willing (and it was Rodney's thread to begin with) so they should have been left alone.
    You may want to see them spar, but I'm not going to allow those kinds of flames to happen in that section.

Another point- that thread was going nowhere...so you have two reasons to lock it right there...excessive flaming and the fact that half of the 12 pages were full of flames and personal attacks....

I locked the other thread because you should always PM a mod when you have a problem.....you should know that by now after posting here for so long.

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Big Cat
    You can always respond, in fact you are responding. Could you please direct me to the thread in question so I can have a look and maybe straighten the situation out ?

Here are two of them. The last post in the hydrotest thread was not there when it was initially locked.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...84#post2393884

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=209883
    So sue me.

Originally posted by derekmac
    You may want to see them spar, but I'm not going to allow those kinds of flames to happen in that section.

Another point- that thread was going nowhere...so you have two reasons to lock it right there...excessive flaming and the fact that half of the 12 pages were full of flames and personal attacks....

I locked the other thread because you should always PM a mod when you have a problem.....you should know that by now after posting here for so long.
    Why not? Who is it hurting? And there were some legitimate questions late in thread. I know because I asked them. People were waiting to see the CoA and any results. Which rightfully should go in the thread where they were promised.

As far as PMing goes, I might have considered it if I knew he locked it. You did not add your message until later. You cruise in stealth mode, so it's not like I could have guessed either.

Some problems should be addressed via PM, some should be addressed in public. People act much differently when they know they have to be accountable to everyone for their words.
    So sue me.

RobertW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Derekmac,

I'm English so isn't it me that's supposed to be pompus????

You guys are taking this way too serious, the little tiff between BK and Rodney was all good fun, they are both big boys and if they did not want to take part in it either or both of them would have stopped on their own.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by dio
    Why not? Who is it hurting? And there were some legitimate questions late in thread. I know because I asked them. People were waiting to see the CoA and any results. Which rightfully should go in the thread where they were promised.

As far as PMing goes, I might have considered it if I knew he locked it. You did not add your message until later. You cruise in stealth mode, so it's not like I could have guessed either.

Some problems should be addressed via PM, some should be addressed in public. People act much differently when they know they have to be accountable to everyone for their words.
    You will find me the same....in private, as well as public. Rodney and Bruce were warned before to knock it off in a seperate thread...Bruce persisted in flaming Rodney, and the last 6 pages of that thread was pointless....I also said I would re-open it when they could stop the personal attacks.

I also could have deleted your thread that demanded that I reopen the Hydrotest thread....I didn't.

Seriously, show some maturity for once.....starting threads saying I'm out of control and starting threads demanding that I do something for you does not reflect well on your maturity.

At least dito Pmed me with his concerns...you would do well to do the same.

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Seriously, show some maturity for once.....starting threads saying I'm out of control and starting threads demanding that I do something for you does not reflect well on your maturity.

Dio did not start that thread you are thinking of someone else.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will find me the same....in private, as well as public. Rodney and Bruce were warned before to knock it off in a seperate thread...Bruce persisted in flaming Rodney, and the last 6 pages of that thread was pointless....I also said I would re-open it when they could stop the personal attacks.

I also could have deleted your thread that demanded that I reopen the Hydrotest thread....I didn't.

I did PM you but still feel closing the thread was wrong. Dio is not wrong in what he is saying or doing here.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

There were no attacks when you closed it.

No, but you made sure I couldn't respond.

Excuse me? Your comments on maturity, now or any other time, are unwarranted. Reread my initial thread. I made a rational case for why that thread should stay open.

I explained why I did not PM you initially. After the 2nd thread was locked there was another issue to deal with.
    So sue me.

Originally posted by Doughboy
    Dio did not start that thread you are thinking of someone else.
    This is the thread he started, and the one I am reffering to:

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by dio
    There were no attacks when you closed it.
    Apart from the 11 previous pages all full of flames.

Derek was doing his job, nothing more, nothing less.
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

Originally posted by LostProphet
    Apart from the 11 previous pages all full of flames.

Derek was doing his job, nothing more, nothing less.
    I've addressed this multiple times already:

* There was relevant info in that thread
    * it was closed right after another mod's decisions were questioned (which resulted in him resigning)
    * We were waiting for the CoA to be posted there
    * No one stopped it earlier and they should not have. There are always disputes between owneres here -- it's part of the draw
    * As Big Cat noted it could have been cleaned up as opposed to locked, if really necessary.
    So sue me.

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is the thread he started, and the one I am reffering to:

Ok but he didnt say you were out of control. That's what I was referring to.

thanks

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by dio

Agreed
    * it was closed right after another mod's decisions were questioned (which resulted in him resigning)
    Closed after a bout of mod bashing, which was just the straw that broke the camels back
    -
    * No one stopped it earlier and they should not have. There are always disputes between owneres here -- it's part of the draw
    Attempts were made to stop it sooner, it has been closed before. Disputes are fine, but these were a little more than an informative debate you'll have to agree. Nobody is above the rules here.
    * As Big Cat noted it could have been cleaned up as opposed to locked, if really necessary.The people flaming need to agree to stop doing so first, otherwise there is little point in cleaning it up and reopening it.

Take care

[/B]
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

Originally posted by Doughboy
    Ok but he didnt say you were out of control. That's what I was referring to.

thanks
    That thread was deleted by another mod.

Lostprophet,

I appreciate your comments. I don't entirely agree, but see where you're coming from.

I just want to point out that no one was bashing Dorian in that thread (except the guy who was banned earlier but he wasn't involved at that point). If you look back, you'll see I was respectful and just asked him to accept a little criticism.
    So sue me.

Originally posted by RobertW
    Derekmac,

You guys are taking this way too serious, the little tiff between BK and Rodney was all good fun, they are both big boys and if they did not want to take part in it either or both of them would have stopped on their own.
    All in good fun, eh?

Rodney was sending reported posts left and right.

Originally posted by dio

* As Big Cat noted it could have been cleaned up as opposed to locked, if really necessary.
    1. You don't know why Dorian resigned....it was more than just someone questioning his decisions.

2. Big Cat said that it could have been locked and then cleaned up if it was worth reading.

I will make a suggestion to mods to clean up closed threads and then re-open them, IF they are worthwhile. I will also instruct them to delete threads that have no relevance.
    Rodney was also sending multiple reported posts. So, as you can see, the thread was filled with flames and was headed nowhere.

1. You don't know why Dorian resigned....it was more than just someone questioning his decisions.

2. Big Cat said that it could have been locked and then cleaned up if it was worth reading.

Rodney was also sending multiple reported posts. So, as you can see, the thread was filled with flames and was headed nowhere.
    1.OK, it was obvious that Dorian was set on going. I didn't think I had anything to do with that.

2. The locking and cleaning is fine with me if that intention is stated up front.

3. I had no idea that Rodney was reporting posts or why that never came up before. But it does change things, I thought he was a willing participant (his responses seemed to indicate this)

It was his thread and if he requested help cleaning/controlling it, then I can't argue with it.

OK, I'm done with this. Unless you have anything to add, we should probably just chew on all this for a while. The only thing I ask is that you allow grievances and criticism to be aired openly and address them accordingly.

No hard feelings Derek.
    So sue me.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by dio

OK, I'm done with this. Unless you have anything to add, we should probably just chew on all this for a while. The only thing I ask is that you allow grievances and criticism to be aired openly and address them accordingly.

No hard feelings Derek.
    Group hug??

Turn around bright eyes

Dio....

I hold no hard feelings at all. I have respected your contribution to the boards, and I harbor no ill-will toward you.

You could not have known about the other reasons around Dorian's resignation, and obviously you couldn't have known about Rodney reporting the posts.

I only ask that if you have a concern or issue with me or a decision that I have made going forward, that you PM me instead of taking things public. If you do this, I will respond as quickly as possible.

Have a nice weekend.

Derek

Originally posted by dito
    Group hug??
    Sure

Sure
    I mean in a non homo way. Ah what the heck even if it is.

*hug*

Turn around bright eyes

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by RobertW
    Derekmac,

I just had to clean that **** up, and no it was not all in good fun, what Old ******* said was beyond reproach. One more comment like that and that dude is out of here, permanently.

And its "pompous" by the way, and i'm not English ...

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would rather see flames between supplement owners, than another Swole, Creatine, Protein, or N-large post.

For some people here, those "flaming threads" are closest thing we have to actual fun from this forum.

As much pleasure as i get from answering questions, or giving reviews, or helping people, sometimes i like to sit back and watch **** go down. Its one of the few things that keeps a vet Sane, especially in the sea of mind numbingly dumb threads we have had over the past 4 days.

I can understand if the flaming is between 2 newbies, or if its downright malicious, but when its 2 grown men who are owners (or soon to be) of supplement companies, taking shots at one anothers business's, i think its a different story.

I don't have a problem with the mods here, but i remember in an earlier thread were it was stated that Mods will always back another Mods decision. To me thats bull****, and drawing battle lines between the mods and the forum users. I think every mod should be entitled to his own opinion.

What Dorian did probably upset a lot of people, and demonstrated what many would believe as "abuse of ones powers". It may or may not be, but when a questionable decision like that is made, and the mod embraces his power ("all it takes is the click of the mouse"), it really shows the gap between forum user, and Moderator, and sets the roots for "classes".

Basically this will all cause a revolution, with every thread being filled with comments about the moderators, or members, and will alienate the vets leading to Giant immigration (to other forums) and bb.com will lose it brightest and best.

(feel free to disregard the last paragraph)
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

*hug*
    I knew it!

*hugs Dito with back to a wall*
    So sue me.

*hug*
    Aw, shucks....

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, for all involved, after reviewing, cleaning and opening the thread I can state the following :

1.I find your remark, dio, that that thread held any relevant information highly questionable. I hope for your sake its worth something to you, cause otherwise you have justed wasted 40 minuted of my life that I had to spend cleaning it. In my humble opinion, its just people hacking away at nutrabolics, after it was already quite obvious that

a.he never had any proof
    b.he has no idea how to run a business
    c.It was obviously a poor product regardless of the rest

2.That derecmac was definitely right in closing this thread. Considering just cleaning it has reduced it from 12 pages to 8 says enough. It was severely out of hand, and as all good mods know the best way to go is to close a thread and let it die, that way the information stays but the bull**** stops. Whatever his motives, I , nor anyone can question his decision to lock it.

I just had to clean that **** up, and no it was not all in good fun, what Old ******* said was beyond reproach. One more comment like that and that dude is out of here, permanently.

And its "pompous" by the way, and i'm not English ...
    Thanks for undertaking the task. Some of that stuff was over the top, but some was pretty funny. If you're serious about that, you might want to drop him a warning in case he misses this thread.
    So sue me.

goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have mixed emotions on this subject. Ive seen threads closed that were just mods flexing their muscles and then Ive seen some that needed too be closed and were. Ive also seen threads left open that clearly needed too be closed, but because some mods were involved in the discussions, it was ok too flame and leave the thread open. I think overall the mods do a good job here, but sometimes take advantage of there power, but they are only human like ourselves and make mistakes. Lets learn from this and move on.