VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Torn Ilotibial band, any advice would be appreciated.

March of '03 I torn my IT band while performing leg presses. Every time I would squat, I would get this horrible burning sensation in the side of my leg. I finally saw a doc who told me to rest of as long as 3 months. I saw the trainer at my high school who told me to roll on this styrofoam tube for a couple weeks. Unfortunatly, it didnt get better in the three month time frame. Now November, 8 months later, I tried to squat and the same pain started up. This really is really horrible. Anyone else have this same problem, or know what to do about it?

JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I injured my IT band and I used the foam rollers too! They worked like a charm for me and now Im hooked on those things. Before I lift i stretch my whole body on one of those and it really loosens me up.
    An athlete has to go through hell to get to heaven~Vince Lomardi

Current Weight: 225
    Chest: 47 inches
    Waist: 37 Inches
    Neck: 17 inches
    Arms: 16.5 inches

Goals:
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Waist:32 inches
    Chest: 48 inches
    Body Fat: 12%

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try looking into some ART tissue massage. Seems like that sorta thing is right up an ART practitioner's ally. There's a guy on T-mag's forum named irondoc who is trained in ART, I bet he wouldn't mind answering some questions on it.

Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is your ilotibial band that thing in your leg that you can flex and make move etc?

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys, Yes it is. Do you know where I can purchase one of those rollers? my gym stopped carrying it.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where did you get the pain??

UP near the hip?? Or down near the knee??
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

it is right above the knee on the outside of the quad. No amount of rest seems to help it either (8 months!)

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hmm...ITB friction syndrome by the sounds of it!

What other activities do you do apart from weights..any?
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Nope, I felt somthing tear during heavy leg presses. Even after tearing my MCL i was able to lift weights within two weeks, this has been 8 months.

Does anyone know the name of that stryofoam cylinder that you roll on? I would like to purchase one. Anyone else have any suggestions.

Thanks to fresch and all the rest who have helped me so far.

I doubt that you would tear your ITB doing leg presses - the IB is not that active in the extension movement, and there actual ITB itself is very, very tough. My first thought is that there has not been a correct diagnosis. Secondly, even if there was a small tear, it should not be sore after 8 months!

I think that the doc's diagnosis was about as useful as his advice.

Firts principles state that you cannot treat a condition properly until you know what it is. Whilst it sound like an ITB friction syndrome, it is quite possibly something else. Pick someone who can properly assess and diagnose your knee condition, and also then correctly advise how to manage it.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smitty26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was cut by a skate right in the area of my IT band and had 37 stitches..the skate cut into it and now about a year later it seems alot weaker than my other leg and I can't "flex' it nearly as close to my right leg..is there excersises I can do to strengthen this? Im just afraid its going ot have an effect on squats or start to hurt alot when i start football which is does form time to time..it also almost feels like theres a gap in there liek a chunk missing out of it? Anythign i can do to help this?