Closed Thread
Page 240 of 334 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 10001
    AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question

Originally Posted by mrdot View Post
    After I did my squats today I went over to the leg press. There was an old lady on it with no plates and she was reading a magazine. I asked her how many sets she had left and she replied with "sorry young man i have 30 minutes left"

that was probably even worse then the guys that sit on the leg curl machine for 5minutes and do 10lb leg curls every other minute and don't let you work in.
    What in the...

Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newag is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mrdot View Post
    After I did my squats today I went over to the leg press. There was an old lady on it with no plates and she was reading a magazine. I asked her how many sets she had left and she replied with "sorry young man i have 30 minutes left"

Please tell me you asked her what she planned to do in those 30 minutes.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

watdo black baby?---> Get Hench

"I didn't say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it"

8/1 - 174.8
    8/8 - 174.8
    8/15 - 175.2
    8/22 - 175
    8/30 - 172
    9/5 - 173
    9/12 - 178
    9/19 - 172
    9/26 - 163

danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10) danwantsicetea is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this has been mentioned a million times but it gets on my nerves like crazy. the people who talk on their phone between sets and dont let you work in. "oh i got two more sets left", as he continues to finish one set then talk on the phone for five minutes before starting the his last set.
    My lift stats as of 09/24
    Deadlift 285
    squat 225
    OHP 105
    bench press 150
    Row 135

swdsc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by devl View Post
    If any of the following applys to you, you are officially a gym idiot.

1. If Your weekly workout routine reads as follows you are officially a gym idiot.

Monday:Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday: Chest and Biceps
    Wednesday: Chest and Biceps
    Thursday: Chest and Biceps
    Friday: Chest and Biceps
    Saturday: Chest and Biceps

2. If you use the follwing set/rep scheme on any exercise you are officially a gym idiot. For example....

Barbell Curl 50 x 125

3. If you bench 300 pounds on a vertical bench machine and walk around like that's more impressive than the guy benching 230 pounds of free weights you are officially a gym idiot.

4. If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

5. If you go to McDonalds and order a big mac with a medium diet coke and insist you are still cutting you are officially a gym idiot.

6. If you train, lets say chest on monday and triceps on tuesday, you are officially a gym idiot.

7. If you have ever uttered the phrase "I'm going to cut 40 pounds of bodyweight while increasing my muscle mass, you are officially a gym idiot.

8. If you believe that creatine is a steroid, you are offically a gym idiot.

9. If you believe that endless sets of crunches will get you a six pack you are officially a gym idiot.

10. If you squat 450 with the worst form known to man, you are offically a gym idiot.

There are many more examples of what constitutes a gym idiot, but these ten signs are a starting point.
    I agree with him good thing I'm not a gym idiot!

resten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fair enough, this being my second post, and both posts being in this thread probably qualifies me as an idiot, but yesterday was ridiculous at my gym.

#1 A guy doing the most ridiculous pull ups I've ever seen. I don't think he was even using his back/bis for it, just throwing his body about whilst hanging. He was doing this inches away from the main walkway into the free weights area and nearly kicking anyone's head off who walked past. Was just waiting for his shoulders to pop out.

#2 Guy using seated calf extension (the one where your legs are out in front and you push the end bar down with feet) as a leg press - must have bit at least 100 reps, all whilst reading a magazine, then a 15 second rest and at it again (I was using actual leg press which faces the calf machine). Oh, and the guy was about 18.

#3 Guy loads up the deadlift/shrug machine with 50kgs and walks off. Comes back wearing a dipping belt (the gym has a couple of different belts for people to borrow). a) There was no chance he needed to be wearing one, b) it's a fookin' dipping belt and offered no support. I caught his eye and gave him the heads up that it was a dipping belt and he'd likely do more harm than good and got thanked. Guy goes off, comes back with a different dipping belt on. I gave up.

woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Went to the gym yesterday...big mistake...it was super busy and my gyms free wieght area is so small...anywho...wanted to squats. One guy was on the cage doing them, didnt mind, so i waited...did some leg extensions while he was doing his stuff, no big deal. Went back after a couple minutes to see someone else there, loading the bar up with 2 45's on each side...acting like a bad ass, watched him do a set...yeah, only went down maybe half way. so screw it, did some ab work while waiting for this clown to get done. Then i go back, and there is now 2 guys there doing half ass squats. they put a bar on the support bars that was like half way between their knees and ass and did squats. I gave up and went home after having to watch people do half ass exercises on the machines i wanted to use.

jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobcanfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calves and Triceps

If I do calves and triceps Monday - Saturday... does that make me a gym idiot?
    lol. nice post

Originally Posted by devl View Post
    If any of the following applys to you, you are officially a gym idiot.

1. If Your weekly workout routine reads as follows you are officially a gym idiot.

Monday:Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday: Chest and Biceps
    Wednesday: Chest and Biceps
    Thursday: Chest and Biceps
    Friday: Chest and Biceps
    Saturday: Chest and Biceps

2. If you use the follwing set/rep scheme on any exercise you are officially a gym idiot. For example....

Barbell Curl 50 x 125

3. If you bench 300 pounds on a vertical bench machine and walk around like that's more impressive than the guy benching 230 pounds of free weights you are officially a gym idiot.

4. If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

5. If you go to McDonalds and order a big mac with a medium diet coke and insist you are still cutting you are officially a gym idiot.

6. If you train, lets say chest on monday and triceps on tuesday, you are officially a gym idiot.

7. If you have ever uttered the phrase "I'm going to cut 40 pounds of bodyweight while increasing my muscle mass, you are officially a gym idiot.

8. If you believe that creatine is a steroid, you are offically a gym idiot.

9. If you believe that endless sets of crunches will get you a six pack you are officially a gym idiot.

10. If you squat 450 with the worst form known to man, you are offically a gym idiot.

There are many more examples of what constitutes a gym idiot, but these ten signs are a starting point.

KunkFunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Guys who load way to much weight for them on bench/legpress/squats and go down an inch for the entire set then think theyre BA's for being able to do that much weight. i just laugh to myself

2. Guys who stand there in front of the mirror and flex while girls are trying to lift/see form
    i also find that pretty humorous

3. When the gym is packed i hate a group who will hog a bench of squat rack forever because theyre in mid conversation when im trying to rep my stuff out and move on

nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by danwantsicetea View Post
    this has been mentioned a million times but it gets on my nerves like crazy. the people who talk on their phone between sets and dont let you work in. "oh i got two more sets left", as he continues to finish one set then talk on the phone for five minutes before starting the his last set.
    When this happens I just start using the machine as if they are not there. If they say "hey Im using that" I tell them "no your not, your talking on the phone and I dont have time to wait"

I leave my phone in the truck cause the gym is a place to work, not talk to your buddys, holding a machine forever thus making people wait till your done talking. If you wanna talk on the phone, go to the cafe or waiting area cause Im there to get in, lift, and get out.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just remembered, back when I was studying my Diploma of Fitness, there was a guy in my class who insisted that, when using lat pull downs, you shouldn't use the bar/pad/whatever over the knees to lock you down, because standing there and doing pull downs without the assistance of the bar (supposedly) hits your core harder. Apparently that's more important than being able to use a weight that will actually challenge your lats, traps, deltoids, biceps and/or forearms. He's also of the HIT-jedi mentality, that anything other than 1 work set to total failure doesn't make any sense. Not sure how this goes together with his lat pull down ideologies, since you'll get bored before you get fatigued doing it his way.

Yesterday, I was in the gym and the broiest bro that ever did bro came along to tell me I was doing my deadlifts wrong. Now, if I'm actually lifting wrong, I want to know about it so that I don't hurt myself - I've had enough injuries already. So, he was quick to get my full attention. But when he told me what was wrong with my deadlift, I had to restrain myself from all the harsh, negative reactions I could have given him. So, why was my deadlift wrong? Well, because I lay down the bar between reps (and because he didn't like the noise of me laying down the bar between reps). Apparently, the whole point of the deadlift is [blah blah blah insert default PT BS spiel here] and I should be up on a cheap plastic box not touching the floor using light weights for lots of reps and blah blah blah. My immediate response was, "You know, it's called a deadlift because you take a dead weight and you lift it." He said something like, "Well, I guess my PT certification means nothing," and walked away, very sulky. I actually felt bad about it, and went over and apologised 5min later in case I'd come off too harsh. I was met with an acceptance of my apology...followed by a 10minute BS PT spiel, most of which I don't remember, but I distinctly remember him saying somewhere in there that I should be eating 80% protein. That's not protein, that's BROtein.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) briley87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I just remembered, back when I was studying my Diploma of Fitness, there was a guy in my class who insisted that, when using lat pull downs, you shouldn't use the bar/pad/whatever over the knees to lock you down, because standing there and doing pull downs without the assistance of the bar (supposedly) hits your core harder. Apparently that's more important than being able to use a weight that will actually challenge your lats, traps, deltoids, biceps and/or forearms. He's also of the HIT-jedi mentality, that anything other than 1 work set to total failure doesn't make any sense. Not sure how this goes together with his lat pull down ideologies, since you'll get bored before you get fatigued doing it his way.
    So what do you do when you're strong enough to lat pull more that your bodyweight? According to this joker, pullups are probably bad because they don't work your core either. LOLZ

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KarmicEffects View Post
    What's with the tight-ass polo shirts? Been seeing that **** strong lately and I don't get it...that crap would be so uncomfortable lol...
    The one thing fashion-wise that grates my chain is the 19-year-old guys who actually have decent physiques...then go ahead and wear shirts that a 3 sizes too small to make themselves look bigger. No, assbutt, you don't look bigger, you just look like you haven't moved on past your 12th birthday.

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Originally Posted by briley87 View Post
    So what do you do when you're strong enough to lat pull more that your bodyweight? According to this joker, pullups are probably bad because they don't work your core either. LOLZ
    I can't confirm this, but I'm inclined to believe that's exactly what he thinks.

It's scary that even with a 2-year qualification under his belt, and presumably various other smaller courses to keep his fitness licence, this much ignorance could occur. Thinking back, I'm actually starting to have more confidence in the competence of PT's who got their qualifications off the back of cereal boxes - they've had less opportunity to learn idiocy.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This one has been bugging me lately.

People who talk, to the point of yelling while I'm doing max reps on the bench.

Few weeks ago, doing my 3rm, got 2 done, as soon as I was lowering to get the third rep, this idiot who is walking behind my bench starts to sing extremly loudly behind me, I lost focus and my spotter had to help me to get the weight up.

Yesterday, doing close grip bench press, I was just about finnished and was doing my last set with 150lb x10, I was on my 9th rep when this guy in the bench next to me, yells at a guy in the other side of the gym (they are friends), I lost focus and couldn't get the weight up, I'm sitting there with the weight half way and the guy right next to me keep talking extremly loudly while I was stuck with the weight, no help from him... I had to roll it up, no worries only 150lb, but still annoyed me a lot.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I occasionally take one of my friends to the gym with me (one of those guys who trains once a month but insists that he wants to get 'massive'). Without failure every time I take him he ruins my workout for 2 reasons...

A) He has no form what so ever, which annoys me so much that I spend way too much time between my sets having to guide him through his, allowing my muscles too much time to recover and I dont get the full pump on my sets.

B) He puts me off whilst im lifting heavy by laughing at my various expressions. Im sure im not the only guy on here that has a pretty intense face especially when doing something like shrugs or leg extensions... well imagine someone infront of you laughing heavily and interupting your rythmn. Not fun!

KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KGV is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is a guy in our gym who does this excercise EXACTLY LIKE THIS:

Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Protienfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maximum amount of weight the Leg Press machine can hold but put your freakin' hands or forearms on your thighs / knees to assist you greatly = Gym Idiot.

MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50) MalditoVeneno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Two most while I am deployed:

1) People you take 10 min between sets and just dont care that your waiting for the equipment they are using
    2) They buy Medium T shirt but they shrink to extra small when they wash them and continue to buy them.

Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joska has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Protienfreak View Post
    Maximum amount of weight the Leg Press machine can hold but put your freakin' hands or forearms on your thighs / knees to assist you greatly = Gym Idiot.
    It's the same thing as having a spotter who helps you. I don't see the problem.

Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theres a guy I used to work with that I came across in the gym a couple weeks back. He'd put on close to 70lbs since I had last saw him it looked like. Anyway, we said hello and talked for a minute, then went back to work. I asked him if he wanted any help with anything (trying to be polite) and he replied "nah I got it. This stuff isnt complicated."

Sure thing, big wheel.

A few minutes later I saw him doing the worst bicep curls know to man. The kind where you look like youre having a seizure and swinging your hips around to lift the bar. I shook my head and continued on my own. A few minutes later I saw him trying to shoulder press what was WAY too much weight for him as he could barely do two (terrible form) reps, and then set the weights down and walk around. Then he went to a preacher curl machine, did a similar "set".

Since it was obvious he had no idea what he was doing, I asked him again politely if he wanted I would be happy to help him out - (benefit of the doubt non-existant, the guy is well over 200lbs at 5"6, and obviously hasnt the slightest clue of what to do.). He replied again that it was okay, and he was almost done. Then he went on an elliptical machine for about 4 minutes and went home.

Have not seen this fitness enthusiast at the gym since.

Moral of the story, do 1 set of terrible bicep curls, One 2x rep set of horrifying shoulder press, 1 2x set on a preacher curl machine, look around perplexed for a few moments and then cap it all off with a grueling 4 minute death march on an elliptical and you'll look be a new man in no time.

PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PillowPantss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A buddy of mine is a gym idiot.

He wears flip flops to workout; places his protein shake on equipment so people have to ask him to move it. And to top it all off he chooses the worst places to stand during his sets. I try to explain it to him, but he employs the "I don't give a crap" attitude.

Luckily for everybody, he doesn't attend the gym much.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Solid black guy built like a football player comes into the uni gym today.

Looks around, slams 2 plates on either side of the BB for squats.
    Does 8ish wide stance half squats.
    Supersets with 1 sets of curls.
    Rests on the rack for 10-15 minutes texting.

20 minutes later I see him making his way to the exit.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

yhbuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    once saw a guy using a smirnoff vodka bottle filled with water for a drinks bottle lol flip flop wearers are annoyin like why?? and people who wear beanie hats don't understand that at all unless ur on a treadmill or somethin but not lifting :/
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT IN

HoodStack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoodStack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoodStack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HoodStack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, saw an interesting one today.......

Our Gym is small, so usually when people walk in, you notice them. Well, guy walks in wearing a long sleve Rugby shirt, Kacky pants and those lightweight shoes that wrap around your toes (cant remember what they are called) and a HUGE gym bag.

Sets the bag down in the middle of the gym.......ulls out a sweat suit and throws it on OVER the Kacky pants and throws on one of the thickest weight belts I have ever seen. Guys about 5'5" and this belt looks like what Zavikus would wear in Worlds Strongest Man.

Guy does a grand tour of the machines like most idiots. Sits on a machine, puts the pin in the 30lb slot, does 5-8 reps then moves onto the next machine. Probably about a half hour later I kinda notice the guy is following me around.....Not only following me, but once Im done with an exercise, does the exact same thing I do when I leave. But usualy 5-8 reps for one set that takes him about 10-15 min to complete. Continues to do this til Im done, then with the sweat suit STILL on....goes over to the mirror and starts doing the worst Olimpia posing I have ever seen!!!!

Never the less, I got a good chuckle with that one.......
    6-1: 336 | 6-10: 328.8 | 6-17: 327.4 | 6-24: 323.8 | Month Total: 12.2lbs
    7-1: 320.6 | 7-8: 320.4 | 7-15: 319 | 7-22: 319 | 7-29: 318 | Month Total: 2.4lbs
    8-5: 311.6 | 8-12: 308 | 8-19: 308 | 8-26: 304 | Month Total: 7.6lbs
    Final Weigh-in | 9-1: 298 38lbs Lost!!!!
    Does throwing haybales count as a Leg work out or a Arm workout????
    My Story..... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=692827711#post692827711

blakerx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skidootnt View Post
    how about the guy who drives around the parking lot so he doesn't have to walk too far to the door.
    I see people do this at the gym everyday. Makes me laugh.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was a gym idiot last night, rack pulls. 5 plates a side.

Not a single rep was done hopefully I redeemed my self with 405x5x5.

This week was pretty funny, went to two different fitness "clubs" because my gym was closed due to long weekend.

day 1. Normal, but I had every Asian kid curling 5lbs staring at me while doing dips like they've never seen any one exert them self to failure. I guess it isn't common lol.
    Also had one girl just MIRIN me and my buddy, not even discreetly but full blown head turn. Her boyfriend (who was wearing a tight purple polo shirt) and herself kept doing the same workouts I was doing it was quite comical. Doubt they had any idea what rear delt flyes really do.. stick to your own work out, really.

Next day, 2 scronny brown kids, on a good day maybe 115lbs soaking wet(shoulda seen their car parked outside lol) tried benching. Same friend and I were doing up right rows behind them. They instantly slap on 35lbs, and 2 5lb per side on top of their gross 135lbs. I figured "this oughta be a sight" and decided to put in 3-4 more sets of up right rows so I could casually watch the show.

Unracked, weight dropped instantly onto kids chest. Scramble to rack it.
    Other kid tries. Doesn't even unrack it.

Both walk off and sit in the corner for 10~15 minutes.

A gym goer walks over to the bench, starts taking weights off because clearly is unoccupied.

Puke kids jump up and yell HEY THIS IS OURS and take weight off and "rep out" 135 for 3-4 reps. Then one bro goes over to the mirror and check if his abs are still there.

/face palm.

As I was leaving I saw them loading up the incline bench with 45's.
    Last edited by AirForceV; 08-03-2011 at 06:40 PM.

MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500)
    Saw a guy rest his water bottle on the weights of the leg press (squat sled?) machine...he seemed surprised that it fell off the machine after his first rep. :-/

samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10) samoapain is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face gym idiots

So I think I got hit on.. Between my set (out of breath and burnnin) this guy comes up..
    Dude: "Hey, are you peurto rican? I been trying to figure it out."
    Me: "No, I'm half Samoan"
    Dude: "Oh you mean Hawiian"
    Me: No but good try"
    Dude: "Oh, I can tell. You don't speak English very well"
    Me thinking: Ignore ignore ignore I just hit the big fat ignore button!!!"

Creepy Dude: I cool off in the pool sometimes and this creepy old man plays with these floatys in the pool and constantly trys to talk to me, and random girls.

Couple more Creepy Dudes: Everytime I look around between sets these goobs are smiling at me like the freakin JOker. Like really really... freakin creeeepy

And I'm so not looking.. my lifting gloves cover my wedding ring. Its really CREEEPY... K off to the gym please don't creeeep

IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishBoyWonder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread has me looking at idiots on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnx3koRRTo&NR=1
    No Pain, No Gain....

yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yvgnynvrv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Broken Stereotypes

I've seen quite a lot of gym idiots, not to mention I've been one for a while.. But the other day i misjudged.. this one guy, (like 5'10, 175), has some muscle but really bad definition, comes to the gym (open air one near the beach) wearing like 800$ worth of ****, with a man purse and with one of those perfect hairstyles that it takes hours to make.. seemed like he was going out rather than coming to workout... anyway i assumed that he was a tool, looking for some p**sy to pick up, without putting any effort into actually working out... he racks the squat rack with 225 (~103kg).. and does the most beautiful upright barbell rows ever, perfect form, no excessive grunting or whatever. That was the day I stopped assuming that someone is a gym idiot before I actually see them in action lol.

Closed Thread
Page 240 of 334 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast