bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lack of reviews on Body Solid Corner Leverage Gym (GLGS100)

Hey! I've been researching leverage gyms and I've seen tons of reviews on the Powertec Leverage gym and some others, but there seems to be a huge lack of video reviews on the Body Solid equivalent. Even searching this forum there are not many mentions of it.

Is there any reason for this? It seems that it's been around for a few years so I would think there would be more. Is it just a horrible gym so nobody is buying it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsg2513 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bikerdan76 View Post
    Hey! I've been researching leverage gyms and I've seen tons of reviews on the Powertec Leverage gym and some others, but there seems to be a huge lack of video reviews on the Body Solid equivalent. Even searching this forum there are not many mentions of it.

Is there any reason for this? It seems that it's been around for a few years so I would think there would be more. Is it just a horrible gym so nobody is buying it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    I had one but sold it. It is very similar to the Powertec unit. Bodysolid uses round tubing and PT uses square. They are structurally similar. Regardless of the name (Corner Gym), it really doesn't fit to well in a corner as the lat machine weight plate holder needs room to extend as you pull the cable.

It isn't a bad piece of equipment. I sold it because I have a bad back and changing the position of the lifting arm required taking plates on and off which is bit of a PITA! Unlike the PT unit, the bench doesn't attach to the gym which in my opinion is better for benching movements. I never really liked the fixed position on the PT for benching movements as the arm moved in more of an arch (it's better to watch some of PT's videos of somebody benching to see how it puts the hands to far back towards the head thus over-stretching the shoulder joints). This isn't as severe on the BS unit as the lifting arm is longer.

bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikerdan76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tsg2513 View Post
    I had one but sold it. It is very similar to the Powertec unit. Bodysolid uses round tubing and PT uses square. They are structurally similar. Regardless of the name (Corner Gym), it really doesn't fit to well in a corner as the lat machine weight plate holder needs room to extend as you pull the cable.

It isn't a bad piece of equipment. I sold it because I have a bad back and changing the position of the lifting arm required taking plates on and off which is bit of a PITA! Unlike the PT unit, the bench doesn't attach to the gym which in my opinion is better for benching movements. I never really liked the fixed position on the PT for benching movements as the arm moved in more of an arch (it's better to watch some of PT's videos of somebody benching to see how it puts the hands to far back towards the head thus over-stretching the shoulder joints). This isn't as severe on the BS unit as the lifting arm is longer.
    Excellent feedback and thank you for taking the time to answer. Sounds like it might end up being a better choice than the PT? Was the plate switching issue unique to the Body Solid or does the PT have that issue as well? Regardless, I've went ahead and ordered it. I've had really good luck and have been impressed with Body Solid in the past so I figured I'd take a chance. Guess I'll get to see for myself!

hazeinharlem is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bump

I want to buy this gym too and want to see more reviews also. It would be easier for me to buy this gym and found a seller that would even come and set it up for me but I want to know if it is as good or similar to powertec

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bikerdan76 View Post
    Is it just a horrible gym so nobody is buying it?
    This, /\

Though i wouldn't say horrible, just much better options.

Really enjoying it

Well, after owning it for a few months, I’d have to say that I’m very pleased with it. My wife and I both use it and we really love it. There are some things that take getting used to, like the best position for the bench and which way to do exercises are the best, but those carry over into other systems as well. I’m not going to claim that I’m an expert cause I haven’t used many other systems. I really like it though and I would recommend it to my friends. I could see how someone accustomed to other systems might have other opinions. Good luck on your choice!
    Last edited by bikerdan76; 02-17-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Spelling