macca9587 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile How to bulk up correctly

Afternoon I'm new here, my goal is to get big and then take my body fat down to about 6% body fat similar to how Zac Efron is now after training with the rock minus juicing. I'm 6ft 2 and in 6 months ive gone from around 148.8 pounds ~ 13% body fat due to anxiety causing eating problems to 180.2 pounds and sat around 20% body fat (using an online calculator) but wasnt sticking to a proper plain till around 2 months ago.

Problem is I don't know if i'm doing right from wrong with my diet and training so I'll include my daily diet plan

Meal 1 ~ 8am- 7 egg whites

Meal 2 ~ 9:30am- 4 weetabix with 500ml whole milk

Meal 3 ~ 12:20- Whole grain pasta with a tin of tuna and bolognase sauce

Meal 4 ~ 3pm- Rotate between chicken/Turkey with broc****

Meal 5 ~ 6pm- whatever my girlfriend cooks for tea usually healtyish..

Supplements include:

When I wake up- 6 grenade testosterone boosters, Centrum milti vitamin, 2x Omega 369 capsules and 10g scoop of creatine.

Before a workout- 3x BCAA, 10g scoop of creatine and 4 to 6 NO2 Xtreme (noticed massive pumps with the NO2)

Before bed at 11pm ish 2X ZMA.

Workouts are pretty simple at the minute throughout the week include

Bicep curls 23.5kg set of 10 and then 8 physically maxed out

Squats with the 23.5kg dumbbells usually to breaking point

Situps, Crunches, leg raises and planks (use an app called 30 day abs to get me started.

I'm a fabricator welder so my job involves heavy lifting and being active for around 9 hours a day

I cant really cook hot meals due to work Monday-Friday so im limited with what I can do with foods, also im planning on joining my local gym so I can hammer every muscle in my body though out the week (will be my second home) Just not knowing not to expect as the guy im going with from work is around 6ft and 210 pounds of pure muscle at 8% body fat.

I've included some screenshots of a new meal plan which should help me lose fat and gain muscle!

So if anyone can help out in anyway imaginable it would be greatly appreciated.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by macca9587 View Post
    Afternoon I'm new here, my goal is to get big and then take my body fat down to about 6% body fat similar to how Zac Efron is now after training with the rock minus juicing.
    This basically won't happen. Set a more attainable goal.

I'm 6ft 2 and in 6 months ive gone from around 148.8 pounds ~ 13% body fat due to anxiety causing eating problems to 180.2 pounds and sat around 20% body fat (using an online calculator) but wasnt sticking to a proper plain till around 2 months ago.

Problem is I don't know if i'm doing right from wrong with my diet and training so I'll include my daily diet plan
    How many calories and carbs/fat/protein per day is that, and how many lbs of bodyweight do you gain or lose each week?

Supplements include:

When I wake up- 6 grenade testosterone boosters, Centrum milti vitamin, 2x Omega 369 capsules and 10g scoop of creatine.

Before a workout- 3x BCAA, 10g scoop of creatine and 4 to 6 NO2 Xtreme (noticed massive pumps with the NO2)

Before bed at 11pm ish 2X ZMA.
    Don't waste money on a test booster.

Get a better multi.

Check the EPA/DHA on your fish oil and aim for 2-3 grams combined EPA/DHA per day.

No more than 5 grams of creatine a day. At your weight, after a few weeks of 5g a day, you can go to 3g a day (any time of day, any beverage, no loading, no cycling)

Don't spend more money on BCAA at this point.

Workouts are pretty simple at the minute throughout the week include

Bicep curls 23.5kg set of 10 and then 8 physically maxed out

Squats with the 23.5kg dumbbells usually to breaking point

Situps, Crunches, leg raises and planks (use an app called 30 day abs to get me started.
    Join a gym or otherwise get access to proper equipment which includes a barbell, plates, power rack or squat rack, and a bench. Read the stickies and look around at reputable novice routines such as Fierce 5, Starting Strength, All Pros, Greyskulls LP etc. Pick one and follow it.

I cant really cook hot meals due to work Monday-Friday so im limited with what I can do with foods, also im planning on joining my local gym so I can hammer every muscle in my body though out the week (will be my second home) Just not knowing not to expect as the guy im going with from work is around 6ft and 210 pounds of pure muscle at 8% body fat.
    He doesn't matter.

I've included some screenshots of a new meal plan which should help me lose fat and gain muscle!

So if anyone can help out in anyway imaginable it would be greatly appreciated.
    Calories and carbs/fat/protein per day are what really matters.

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep it simple

You cannot lose fat and build muscle at the same time efficiently without "assistance". Choose your goal and focus on that goal or you will end up spinning your wheels.

Are you guessing your body fat %? At 6"2 I find it hard to believe your body fat % is 20% but I guess it is possible. I would start with eating at Maintenance caloric intake and adjust up or down as you start training.

Check out the Nutrition Section Stickies for advice on diet:
    Nutrition Section
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

hi just a few questions (in order to your replies

1: why wont that happen? (genuine question) not now but in the future 12-24-36 months

2) At the time I wasn't really counting calories/carbs/fat..i know i know stupid huh I was eating similar to the guy at work what knows his **** about bulking/cutting

3) The test booster is just from what ive been told and read
    What multi would you recommend?
    The fish oil is worked out in percentage at 18% EPA and 12% DHA per capsule
    The creatine consumption is based off the recommended serving
    Again the BCAA is something whats "recommended"

4) The gym i've been looking at has all new/the latest gear so that shouldn't be a problem

5) He's my only option in the 6 months ive put on a hell of a lot of muscle (compared to what I was) gained fat which is what I expected (but I have been having too many cheat meals like full 10" pizza and chips, curry and kebabs over the weekends) now its time to change

Is there a recommended calorie, carb, fat, protein per day for bulking? or is it just all trail and error

Great advice just dont want to seem like I know it all with the questions

Hi the body fat percentage was from a online calculator (guessing its miles off?) Any fat I gain mostly goes on my abs and thighs which is why I think its throwing it off

1: why wont that happen? (genuine question) not now but in the future 12-24-36 months

2) At the time I wasn't really counting calories/carbs/fat..i know i know stupid huh I was eating similar to the guy at work what knows his **** about bulking/cutting

4) The gym i've been looking at has all new/the latest gear so that shouldn't be a problem

5) He's my only option in the 6 months ive put on a hell of a lot of muscle (compared to what I was) gained fat which is what I expected (but I have been having too many cheat meals like full 10" pizza and chips, curry and kebabs over the weekends) now its time to change

Is there a recommended calorie, carb, fat, protein per day for bulking? or is it just all trail and error

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

99.X% chance you won't even be training seriously and consistently 6 months from now, even if you are still going in three years, those results natural probably aren't happening...though I suppose it might be technically possible.

How do you have a "cheat meal" when you aren't tracking your macros???

Read the links I already gave you, including the nutrition forum stickies. I can tell by your questions you haven't done that yet.

Why do you need an individual person physically in your life to do these things?

I would recommend Controlled Labs Orange Triad for multi (and more), there are other better options than Centrum as well of course after you check nutrition section check supplement section for multis.

I don't give a **** what the recommended creatine serving is, 10g a day is just plain wrong especially for you. No more than 5g a day, but you'd even be fine at 3g a day.

The %/capsule of EPA/DHA isn't what matters in the end, it's how much combined EPA/DHA you get per day. Is 18% and 12% per capsule getting you to at least 2g combined EPA/DHA per day at the dose you are taking? If not, take more and/or take a better fish oil.

Where are you getting these "Recommended" supplements?

Don't take ANY supplements until you are tracking your calories and macros every day.

I wasn't tracking my intake correctly but have over the last 2 months I forgot to put my average chart up ill just post the totals
    Carbs: 286.5
    Calories: 2593.9
    Fat: 65.5
    Protein: 139.3
    The reason I haven't included my last meal is I dont fully plan what I have ie one night i might have a chicken/beef dinner next night i might have chips eggs and mayo. but I plan on prepping my last meal so I can see what my full intake is. Obviously I don't constantly eat the exact same food and portions so these change a bit.

For the cheat meal I should have put eat **** meal compared to what I eat.

Well thanks for clarifying im taking too much creatine i was just doing as it says on the pack...

Well from your replies you jumped straight into the gym on your own without having a gym buddy..you must be one of a kind "claps in shia"

The fishoils are from PureSource Nutrition i'll take a look on their website

I wasn't tracking my intake correctly but have over the last 2 months I forgot to put my average chart up ill just post the totals
    Carbs: 286.5
    Calories: 2593.9
    Fat: 65.5
    Protein: 139.3
    The reason I haven't included my last meal is I dont fully plan what I have ie one night i might have a chicken/beef dinner next night i might have chips eggs and mayo. but I plan on prepping my last meal so I can see what my full intake is. Obviously I don't constantly eat the exact same food and portions so these change a bit.

For the cheat meal I should have put eat **** meal compared to what I eat.

Well thanks for clarifying im taking too much creatine i was just doing as it says on the pack...

Well from your replies you jumped straight into the gym on your own without having a gym buddy..you must be one of a kind "claps in shia"

The fishoils are from PureSource Nutrition i'll take a look on their website
    I'm not sure you understand how tracking calories and macros works. When you consume it, you enter/track it. You don't have to freaking plan everything, and it doesn't matter if it was planned or not, if you consume it, you track it.

Most people don't have a "gym buddy", and you don't need one. If you think you do add that to the list of reasons why you won't get anywhere near your goal. This is YOU, only you, and YOU need to be able to do what needs to be done, consistently, for a long period of time, all on your own. Now, there are resources to use, such as this forum, good youtube channels for form etc, but bottom line it's all on you.

So over those 2 months, what has your bodyweight done

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Most people don't have a "gym buddy", and you don't need one. If you think you do add that to the list of reasons why you won't get anywhere near your goal. This is YOU, only you, and YOU need to be able to do what needs to be done, consistently, for a long period of time, all on your own. Now, there are resources to use, such as this forum, good youtube channels for form etc, but bottom line it's all on you.

So over those 2 months, what has your bodyweight done
    I second this, I ditched my training buddies years ago because I realized that gym sessionstook a lot longer to complete, and that I could train safely without a partner.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you sound like a tall skinny guy, keep your carbs a little lower and up your protein. don't be shy with the calories, just be mindful of what your eating.

stay away from chips and sugars, sodas, fast food. when ever possible, try to get in a extra nap to help with recovery. If your bulking you need to be lifting.. and working way harder than you are now.

if you weigh 180 now, shoot for about 200g of protein and you could stand to add some healthy fats in there.. 65g seems too low for a good bulk.

Try some olive oils, MCTs and other nut oils, these will help with optimizing hormone levels and keep your calories high

Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    you sound like a tall skinny guy, keep your carbs a little lower and up your protein. don't be shy with the calories, just be mindful of what your eating.
    Gotta be careful when saying things like this as OP may hear "Cut out all carbs because they are bad and will make you fat".....

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP. Follow the advice or don't. Remember you came here for help and these guys are giving it to you, but you keep deferring to what you read on product packaging, some clueless gym bro and, very likely, supplement marketing. Doing what this guy does is not smart. You need to figure out what you need to do for you.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Based off of your average macros... I would definitely increase your protein intake to about .8 - 1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight.

If you wanted a bit of stability with your calories/macros, I would meal prep. You can do this on a Sunday...

Well im asking for advice and then asking questions about certain replies so I get a better understanding but from the sounds of it billy big boll*cks knew what he was doing from day 1 on his own 0 faults

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey it's tough love on here but it works.
    Don't worry though, the workouts will be way much tougher with your goal!
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

No pain no gain I suppose

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well im asking for advice and then asking questions about certain replies so I get a better understanding but from the sounds of it billy big boll*cks knew what he was doing from day 1 on his own 0 faults
    No one is saying that, but you keep deferring to your training buddy. If you accept his word as law, then what's the point of asking. We're telling you that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

That said, questions are fine, but at some point you need to take ownership of your situation with the information given.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What works for your training buddy may not work for you. You have to train for your body type and your specific goals. You also have to base your nutrition around those goals.
    Instagram - beyond__fitness__

What?