Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 4482
    urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Start stockpiling rep power now so you're ready when you post them in the Legend thread.
    Haha, I'll have to make sure that post stays in the Titan thread. If the quality is close to what I've seen from Rogue I'll order a replacement sticker and nobody would ever know the difference.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Haha, I'll have to make sure that post stays in the Titan thread. If the quality is close to what I've seen from Rogue I'll order a replacement sticker and nobody would ever know the difference.
    It isn't. Most of the stuff isn't even powder coated. It's spray painted. :x

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I'm not worried about the paint job, even the paint on my Legend Rack is scratching off pretty easy. But they have been powder costing more of their equipment as of late, my Belt squat came that way as well.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you specifically handled the Titan series stuff? All I have for that are a couple of plate horns, but they were much nicer for fit and finish than the T3/X3 stuff I have/had. Quite a bit of the other recent Titan stuff I have has been powder coated and the finish has held up nicely.

I'll be really interested to see how they are, Urban. For the cost I'd want to see nice uhmw liners that line up the same height on each arm, and equal swing forwards and backwards on both arms. My ultra-cheap bolt on T3 monos had neither of those things out of the box, but I've been able to get them to the point that I don't notice much difference on bench between them and Mech's.

I'll be really interested to see how they are, Urban. For the cost I'd want to see nice uhmw liners that line up the same height on each arm, and equal swing forwards and backwards on both arms. My ultra-cheap bolt on T3 monos had neither of those things out of the box, but I've been able to get them to the point that I don't notice much difference on bench between them and Mech's.
    Will do, hopefully they will come Sunday or likely Monday at the latest. The Titan Series looks legit, the rack seems to be reviewed well and the pictures of their Mono's look incredibly well done. Just want to get back to normal with my rack situation, these are all I'm missing now!

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you specifically handled the Titan series stuff? All I have for that are a couple of plate horns, but they were much nicer for fit and finish than the T3/X3 stuff I have/had. Quite a bit of the other recent Titan stuff I have has been powder coated and the finish has held up nicely.
    The only piece from the Titan series I handled were the spotter arms. I have handled dozens of their other pieces though and own 6-7 of them. About the only thing I like about their stuff is the price. There's nearly always some issue with pieces not fitting together, missing hardware, etc. The X2 storage posts I ordered came with the wrong hardware. They sent me replacement hardware and it was 8 bolts short. I requested the 8 bolts and they sent me an entire bag. (That was comically similar to Alan Thrall's experience with their power racks.). Once I had all the bolts I learned that some of the holes on the X2 extension uprights didn't line up with the X2 storage posts. I had to hammer the bolts in (step bit was my next move). The first plyo box I received was a total wash. Nothing would line up. Some of the bolts were too short. The plastic bushings were cracked. The leg sections fit so tightly together that there was no way you were ever adjusting it without a mallet. They sent me another that was only marginally better. That one is now permanently at the lowest setting because it won't adjust either. My barbell rack works fine, but the coating is a soft plastic, not UHMW. Everything I ever handled made by them was spray painted. You could peel it off with your fingernail. The one piece I have that is, relatively, problem free is the rack-mounted wrist roller. I'd swear they had that thing made at an entirely different factory.

I'd swear they had that thing made at an entirely different factory.
    I've speculated that this was the case before, having owned numerous pieces from Titan it's clear some things are manufactured MUCH better than others. The 45 degree hyper was absolute garbage, the DB stand needed a little help but it worked great with larger Powerblocks, and their Belt Squat is still the 'Best Value' on the market IMHO (now includes a belt). Brandon Campbell Diamond did a review of a pair of Titan X3 Mono's a couple years ago and the quality looked excellent in the video and he didn't seem to have complaints. He also reviewed the roller j-hooks and they look VERY well made as well. I'd be more worried about buying their Version #1 of anything, but they eventually seem to figure it out and have countless items that people know and love (SSB, Yukon bar, Hyper, Reverse Hyper, Lat pulldown, Titan rack, ect). I'd like to try their Rickshaw and Standing back extension some day, those are two pieces I would love to add to the gym.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They're still like $100 high for me to try the standing back extension. Even though I want to try one, it still makes me shake my head that they brought that in when you can't even find reviews for the original, and then at such a high price point. I wonder how many they've sold. Probably telling when it's been in stock and on clearance for the duration of COVID.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just received a pair of 20 kg bumpers from Titan. Never owned, nor do I think I've ever used bumpers, so I don't have much of a reference point. They do look pretty nice and have a subtle amount of bounce off of my 3/8" rubber flooring. Would probably buy again.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd like to try their Rickshaw and Standing back extension some day, those are two pieces I would love to add to the gym.

I just traded for the titan rickshaw. I planned to sell it but i used it to move half a ton of weight to my backyard and it worked great! The max i did was 250 lbs (2 100s and the rickshaw). Its very balanced even with me walking on uneven lumpy terrain.

The plates dont slide around even with me rocking it back and forth to squeeze between the neighbors house and my picnic table.

This thing is so good i am gonna sell my farmer walk handles. Now i dont have to worry about my plates hitting the ground!

I tried to put the 100 on one side too quick and it tipped over slightly. I kinda just slapped it on and let go oops lol. If i go slowly its not an issue.
    Last edited by matrix563; 08-23-2020 at 12:42 AM.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just ordered the premium Titan line of rolling j cups and monolift attachments for my Rep 5000v2 rack. I'll see how they stack up. I went from being extremely anti-titan to "Well, this is way better than what they were making before. Hmmm"
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    This thing is so good i am gonna sell my farmer walk handles. Now i dont have to worry about my plates hitting the ground!
    That's good to hear, I've been going back and forth on whether I'd buy the Edge Fitness version or Titan, the Titan is just so damn cheap it seems like an excellent deal.

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    I just ordered the premium Titan line of rolling j cups and monolift attachments for my Rep 5000v2 rack. I'll see how they stack up. I went from being extremely anti-titan to "Well, this is way better than what they were making before. Hmmm"
    Had those in my cart several times, wanted to get them but decided to wait for the Mono's instead cause I figured I'd use them more. But the YouTube video's on those made them look REALLY nice, and in the comments section someone said their version came with a revised design on the front bolt so it will be interesting to see what you get!

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's good to hear, I've been going back and forth on whether I'd buy the Edge Fitness version or Titan, the Titan is just so damn cheap it seems like an excellent deal.

Had those in my cart several times, wanted to get them but decided to wait for the Mono's instead cause I figured I'd use them more. But the YouTube video's on those made them look REALLY nice, and in the comments section someone said their version came with a revised design on the front bolt so it will be interesting to see what you get!
    I'm just excited that Titan seems to be making improvements in quality. They don't have to be better than Rogue to get my business, just get within striking distance.

I'm just excited that Titan seems to be making improvements in quality. They don't have to be better than Rogue to get my business, just get within striking distance.
    Definitely, we are a hypersentitive to QC issues here when it comes to equipment, but if they can get closer to Rogue I'd always be open to saving money. To put things into perspective my brand new Legend rack has several annoying QC issues despite being 'Made in USA' and incredibly expensive, and I've had the same with a couple things I've bought from Rogue as well. But, people are less likely to openly complain about a company like Legend or Rogue because they've talked up the quality so much they'd be embarrassed to say anything negative. Probably why these companies never contact me to test out free equipment like those GarageGym sites, I'm too honest LOL.

I'd tell them that my Legend rack has a crooked pull-up bar, scratched up j-hooks, cheap end caps/stickers on the weight horns, the band pegs are welded uneven, damaged paint from shipping, and the lower rear cross-member is slightly crooked. Not to mention that for $1850 the j-hooks and spotter arms will 100% scratch up your uprights and destroy your barbell because they do not have UHMW on any of the contact points. But despite all that the rack is incredibly overbuilt, the frame is rigid and should last a lifetime, and overall I'm still REALLY pleased with how it performs. Now would I recommend it over the REP HR-5000 that costs $500 less and has better features all-around, probably not to be honest. But I wanted something 'Legendary' and I got it, so now I'm going to beat the heck out of it!!!!

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely, we are a hypersentitive to QC issues here when it comes to equipment, but if they can get closer to Rogue I'd always be open to saving money. To put things into perspective my brand new Legend rack has several annoying QC issues despite being 'Made in USA' and incredibly expensive, and I've had the same with a couple things I've bought from Rogue as well. But, people are less likely to openly complain about a company like Legend or Rogue because they've talked up the quality so much they'd be embarrassed to say anything negative. Probably why these companies never contact me to test out free equipment like those GarageGym sites, I'm too honest LOL.

I'd tell them that my Legend rack has a crooked pull-up bar, scratched up j-hooks, cheap end caps/stickers on the weight horns, the band pegs are welded uneven, damaged paint from shipping, and the lower rear cross-member is slightly crooked. Not to mention that for $1850 the j-hooks and spotter arms will 100% scratch up your uprights and destroy your barbell because they do not have UHMW on any of the contact points. But despite all that the rack is incredibly overbuilt, the frame is rigid and should last a lifetime, and overall I'm still REALLY pleased with how it performs. Now would I recommend it over the REP HR-5000 that costs $500 less and has better features all-around, probably not to be honest. But I wanted something 'Legendary' and I got it, so now I'm going to beat the heck out of it!!!!
    Well, at least until you sell it. Equipment doesn't seem to last long in your house.. Will the REP HR-5000 be next? Stay tuned.....

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Well, at least until you sell it. Equipment doesn't seem to last long in your house.. Will the REP HR-5000 be next? Stay tuned.....
    Nope, the only other rack I've bought brand new was the YorkFTS rack back when I started the garage gym at my old house. Even then I got that one at 30% off so it was an easy sell to break even, this one would be a loss so I'm going to stay in the green and dress it up

The Titan "Titan" roller j cups seem to be fantastic. Fantastic quality. They fit on my Rep 5000v2 and the holes line up for the locking screws

this one would be a loss so I'm going to stay in the green and dress it up

RemindME! 2 years

The Titan "Titan" roller j cups seem to be fantastic. Fantastic quality. They fit on my Rep 5000v2 and the holes line up for the locking screws
    That's great to hear! My Titan Mono's got delayed in shipping, they should be here any day now.

That's great to hear! My Titan Mono's got delayed in shipping, they should be here any day now.
    You can have mine. I'm returning them. They're built like a tank but they're big AF and take up my whole rack. My current Edge Fitness monos are smaller, lighter. They dont have uhmw which I thought was a flaw but since my Texas Power Bar knurling is already toast 6" from each collar, it centers so easy.

You can have mine. I'm returning them. They're built like a tank but they're big AF and take up my whole rack. My current Edge Fitness monos are smaller, lighter. They dont have uhmw which I thought was a flaw but since my Texas Power Bar knurling is already toast 6" from each collar, it centers so easy.
    If Edge made an adjustable set I would have probably bought them and just added UHMW, but it's also good to hear the mono's are made well. Did you have the Titan series of those too?

If Edge made an adjustable set I would have probably bought them and just added UHMW, but it's also good to hear the mono's are made well. Did you have the Titan series of those too?
    Yes. They are upgraded from the photos. Straight up beast.
    You'd think the jcup style would be superior but I kid you not, the bolt and nut style Edge uses is easier than worrying about the locking pin. You could add twist nut instead of traditional one to make it even faster.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Didn't know Edge made those, thank you!

Color me impressed, this is some next level stuff coming from Titan! Was not expecting the laser cut logo on the swing arm, the red is almost a perfect match to my setup, and they fit the rack snug. Need to tighten things up and see how they perform before making a final judgment, but dang even these welds look 'Rogue' clean!

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Color me impressed, this is some next level stuff coming from Titan! Was not expecting the laser cut logo on the swing arm, the red is almost a perfect match to my setup, and they fit the rack snug. Need to tighten things up and see how they perform before making a final judgment, but dang even these welds look 'Rogue' clean!
    Titan seems to have two separate product lines: those that are hand-made by drunk blind people, and those that use a lot of robotic assistance. The trap bar I purchased a year or two ago was definitely not welded by a human being. That may be the case with these as well.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

Those look a lot nicer than my super discount T3 bolt-ons. The nameplates must be new; they still show the cheap stickers on their website.

Once you've used them: How do you like them vs Mech's?

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Titan seems to have two separate product lines: those that are hand-made by drunk blind people, and those that use a lot of robotic assistance. The trap bar I purchased a year or two ago was definitely not welded by a human being. That may be the case with these as well.

Perhaps someone at Titan finally realized that the money they were shelling out in replacement parts could easily pay for some robotic welders.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Once you've used them: How do you like them vs Mech's?
    Shimmed the insides of the arms with a couple extra washers, there was a good bit of space and I didn't want tightening them down to bend the supports too much. Action wise the arms swing really nice, smooth and they seem even as far as I can tell. The one thing I'm noticing immediately though is the UHMW, not really sure this is UHMW at all and just your garden variety plastic. The deep knurl bar is chewing into them pretty good right away, where the UHMW I put on the original Legend j-hooks still look pretty good after weeks of use. The second small issue I notice is that the design on the plastic protection is 'derp derp', the front doesn't come out far enough to provide protection so you better not clip the front of the hook. But the quality overall is pretty impressive, but compared to Mech's they are definitely lacking the finer attention to detail. Will report back though after use, see how they hold up.

On the outside or half rack they're fine. They were waaaay to big for the inside of my rack

Alright, heavy bench session today with the new mono's and they work great. HOWEVER, the plastic they use on the arms is going to be an issue, it's not the 'slick' UHMW that I got from McMaster CARR, so it's chunking up pieces all over the place. Cant imagine what would happen with heavy squats, those things will be swiss cheese in a month. If you had a Powerspeed bar or something I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, but this is going to make a mess so I'm going to have to remedy a solution. I just so happen to have a 1/2 thick 12x12 sheet from McMaster left over, just not sure if it will be enough to cut new ones. Otherwise the swing arm is smooth as butter, tightened it down just right and the range of motion with the bolt removed is great.

For comparison, weeks of use on the McMaster CARR UHMW and they still feel smooth to touch.

Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast