RSEJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Please help cutting at 1500 kcals - feelsbadman (in b4 im not accuratley counting

Hey there been years since I posted here but Im at a loss.

Stats:
    -5'3 / 161cm < Im a proper manlet so my calories have to be low
    -Starting weight 62.5 Current 60.5kg
    -Squat max: 120kg bench max: 107.5kg

Before I start I want to say I am measuring my food accurately - food scales, registering the bar code all that **** stuff, I've been gyming for 3.5/4 years and this is my 3rd Cut. So yeh 1500 kcals a day for 1.5 weeks and maybe lost 0.2kg. Previous cuts ive managed to hit 57kg so I dont know whats happening

So I am gyming 6/7 days a week.

Chest and Back + 25 mins incline treadmill walk
    Incline treadmill walk 45 mins + Abs
    Shoulders and legs + 25 mins incline treadmill walk
    Repeat

Food is pretty much like this
    1pm- 3 eggs, two toast, light dressing
    4pm- 0% fat greek yoghurt
    6pm- tuna light dressing water biscuits
    8pm- 1.5 chicken breast, sweet potat, veg light dressing.
    11pm- hot choclate to keep me ****ing sane brah.

These foods are all like reduced fat so the calories are low e.g. the bread is only 50cal a slice. I track my **** to the T even the milk in my tea, I know its not me miscalculating.

Would appreciate some help

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait 3 weeks and have some patience

Originally Posted by Groce View Post
    Wait 3 weeks and have some patience
    Forgot to write Ive been cutting since 1st of March so this is a plateau its not like Ive been dieting for a week and a half

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat oranges to speed up your metabolism.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    eat oranges to speed up your metabolism.
    I did think maybe my metabolism had slowed. I had a cheat day yesterday hoping that will reset somethings.. but ye... oranges really?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes, and chug an entire bottle of apple cider vinegar, 5 a day, MINIMUM.

a "cheat day" does absolutely nothing but slow down fat loss, it has zero effect on "metabolism", "metabolism" isnt something you can "speed up" from eating some food for a day or two, it takes months. you are just eating too much if you havent lost weight in a MONTH.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by RSEJ View Post
    Forgot to write Ive been cutting since 1st of March so this is a plateau its not like Ive been dieting for a week and a half
    Then how come THIS statement in your original post?
    So yeh 1500 kcals a day for 1.5 weeks and maybe lost 0.2kg.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Then how come THIS statement in your original post?
    because THIS is the point (1.5 weeks ago) I dropped my calories from 1800 to 1500, I started on 2000cals on march 1st.Im simply saying I havent just been dieting for 1.5 weeks ive been dieting since 1st march surely 1.5 weeks would be enough to see a significant change

yes, and chug an entire bottle of apple cider vinegar, 5 a day, MINIMUM.

a "cheat day" does absolutely nothing but slow down fat loss, it has zero effect on "metabolism", "metabolism" isnt something you can "speed up" from eating some food for a day or two, it takes months. you are just eating too much if you havent lost weight in a MONTH.
    Thanks for the information, this apple vinegar stuff, ive been hearing it everywhere, what do you know of it/ experience with it?

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the information, this apple vinegar stuff, ive been hearing it everywhere, what do you know of it/ experience with it?
    I've heard that it's a gimmick and that it hasn't been proven to have a noticeable impact that couldn't have been created by other variables. Perhaps Serpentarius has some legit studies and research that proves otherwise?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bean100 View Post
    I've heard that it's a gimmick and that it hasn't been proven to have a noticeable impact that couldn't have been created by other variables. Perhaps Serpentarius has some legit studies and research that proves otherwise?
    I'm going to go with the study of sarcasm.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Bean100 View Post
    it is a gimmick lol

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Come to 1900 immediately for 2 weeks and if/when that stalls come to 2250.
    that's minimal for you at this level of activity. You probably want to be at about 2500 for best condition.

Currently you're cutting from an already insufficient amount to an even less sufficient amount.

inb4 a bunch of fkn idiots say "increasing means surplus which means fat gain". Do the maths on what a "surplus" would actually be at these stats and level of activity.

I feel like your training split could be better as well tbh.

Submitted as evidence: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27169833/

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Forgot to write Ive been cutting since 1st of March so this is a plateau
    So yeh 1500 kcals a day for 1.5 weeks and maybe lost 0.2kg.
    So in the last 1.5 weeks, you've lost almost half a pound. That is not a plateau. (And since March 1, you've lost about 4.5 pounds.) That is losing slower than you wish you were losing, but you are losing weight.

I'm not trying to be a d**k. I'm trying to parse what you're saying and show you that while it's moving slower this time, it is still happening. You've done this before, so you know that weight loss is not linear. You could wake up in the morning and have dropped 3 pounds. I hope you do! ;-)

I've been doing a small summer cut. About to finally get there. Some days I've just had to tell myself that "I know I'm doing the right thing, so EVENTUALLY I know it is going to happen."

Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post
    that's minimal for you at this level of activity. You probably want to be at about 2500 for best condition.

Currently you're cutting from an already insufficient amount to an even less sufficient amount.

inb4 a bunch of fkn idiots say "increasing means surplus which means fat gain". Do the maths on what a "surplus" would actually be at these stats and level of activity.

I've now wondered as to whether I should Increase my calories like this but I cant really see it helping I've had to go to 1400 to hit 57kg in previous cuts and 2250 is over my BMR. The training split is pretty good actually you hit everything twice a week but still have cardio. I am sedentary all of the day (comp work) so this is why im thinking my calories have to be this low (and my height). If nothing happens by the end of this week I will bumpthem up thanks =)

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    So in the last 1.5 weeks, you've lost almost half a pound. That is not a plateau. (And since March 1, you've lost about 4.5 pounds.) That is losing slower than you wish you were losing, but you are losing weight.

I'm not trying to be a d**k. I'm trying to parse what you're saying and show you that while it's moving slower this time, it is still happening. You've done this before, so you know that weight loss is not linear. You could wake up in the morning and have dropped 3 pounds. I hope you do! ;-)

I've been doing a small summer cut. About to finally get there. Some days I've just had to tell myself that "I know I'm doing the right thing, so EVENTUALLY I know it is going to happen."
    Yeh I totally agree its just previous years ive managed to get to 58kg even 57.5 in the same deficit with roughly the same calories

Originally Posted by SerpentHearted View Post

And that research you posted, that's based on obese people right? Im like 11%BF you cannot relate that to myself, surely?

SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And that research you posted, that's based on obese people right? Im like 11%BF you cannot relate that to myself, surely?
    try this one: http://suppversity.blogspot.com.au/2...cits-make.html

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The guy didn't even read the study, he's just looking for an excuse to eat.

You're smaller than my wife, I'm not surprised you're down to 1500 calories. You've spent the majority of your cut at 1800, which is where many people here cut at who are quite a bit bigger than you. And most people going to the gym and lifting are burning a negligible amount of extra calories. Increase your activity level (which is what that study says is the better alternative - not rocket science there - it does not say you don't need to have a deficit to lose weight) and you can eat more, get more nutrients, etc.
    1175 @172

Thanks to Emergency Services and Military

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it is a gimmick lol
    I sure hoped you were messing with us.

OP was pretty keen on it though... OP don't look around for a short cut. You're a smart guy who's done plenty of cuts before. Eat less, move more, and you'll lose weight.

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The problem is likely that at roughly 60kg and 11% BF, I'd question why the heck you're cutting.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Move more.

I suspect you are getting lazy outside of the gym, which is a common reason for people to get stuck around 12%BF. Also, being light works against you in this.

The mental battle starts at this point... constantly remind yourself to stay active.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    The guy didn't even read the study, he's just looking for an excuse to eat.

You're smaller than my wife, I'm not surprised you're down to 1500 calories. You've spent the majority of your cut at 1800, which is where many people here cut at who are quite a bit bigger than you. And most people going to the gym and lifting are burning a negligible amount of extra calories. Increase your activity level (which is what that study says is the better alternative - not rocket science there - it does not say you don't need to have a deficit to lose weight) and you can eat more, get more nutrients, etc.
    Yeah I'm the one who didn't read it.

There is a paucity of studies that have prospectively tested the energy surfeit theory of obesity with the use of objectively estimated energy intake and energy expenditure in humans. An alternative theory is that homeostatic regulation of body weight is more effective when energy intake and expenditure are both high (high energy flux), implying that low energy flux should predict weight gain.
    Although admittedly as the OP rightly pointed out, it's a study on obese people and wasn't the best choice in support of my recommendation. aka I actually pasted in the wrong link from my folder of "further into deficit may not be the answer" type stuff by mistake. Thanks for the neg though clown.

But "looking for an excuse to eat"? Jesus christ is this actually a training & body building forum or have i stumbled into some teenage pro-anorexia website by mistake? Kid is on 1500 cals at high level of activity already. For **** sake.
    Last edited by SerpentHearted; 05-01-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Originally Posted by juggernaut74ia View Post
    The problem is likely that at roughly 60kg and 11% BF, I'd question why the heck you're cutting.
    This too.