Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only reason to have one of those would be if there was a zombie apocalypse or nuclear explosion. If there’s a fuking gas leak or something, I hop into my trust car and use my trusty credit card to purchase supplies and shelter.

If there’s a zombie apocalypse, i’d rather die in the first 72 hours. After watching enough of those shows and playing enough of those video games, I’ve learned that the ones who died at the beginning were the lucky ones. They didn’t have to go through the horros and continue to face the constant living nightmare that the survivors do

DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrunkPanda18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Zackad View Post
    Tell that to Hurricane Katrina survivors
    They were warned plenty in advance that it was coming. Not like people get caught offguard by natural disasters in this day and age

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DrunkPanda18 View Post
    The only reason to have one of those would be if there was a zombie apocalypse or nuclear explosion. If there’s a fuking gas leak or something, I hop into my trust car and use my trusty credit card to purchase supplies and shelter.
    Well I hope you live really close to the store because that's literally what everybody else is gonna be doing as well.

That means streets will be gridlocked and if you even make it to the store it's likely to be empty by the time you get there.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Just lol if you lack the imagination to think of scenarios in which you could easily find yourself needing supplies and where there may not be a store (mommy) to run to for a few days at least.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Just lol if you lack the imagination to think of scenarios in which you could easily find yourself needing supplies and where there may not be a store (mommy) to run to for a few days at least.
    how many of those have you encountered in the last 10 years?
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Necro bump. That Hawaii event reminded me of this thread. Glad it turned out to be nadda, but had it not, if you survived the blast, you'd damn happy you had a BOB to grab and go soon as you needed to. Those who don't even keep a basic BOB on hand are denialists supreme.
    I don’t think anyone would have survived that blast unless they were inside a bomb shelter. And if they were, that bomb shelter is stocked with way more supplies than your little bag had. Just another scenario where your bag is useless. Yes, I contradicted my earlier post where I said it would help in a nuclear explosion. But after giving it more thought, I realized it wouldn’t, due to the bomb shelter situation.
    Last edited by DrunkPanda18; 01-15-2018 at 10:13 AM.

dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dfprodz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been having mine for some time in my car, mostly it’s hygiene stuff though, sure it may look ghey but it DID save my life several times

BRB party and end up in random party house in the AM and have to head to work ASAP

Mine so far has
    - toothpaste
    - toothbrush
    - mouthwash
    - soap
    - flushable wet wipes (in case i need to take a “whore bath”)
    - deodorant
    - towel
    - cologne (because why not?)
    - can opener
    - cash
    - iPhone wall charger
    - extra lightning cable
    - external battery
    - flashlight
    - foldable knife

I have another one that i carry around in my laptop bag, a mini version which contains basic personal cleaning supplies
    Pureblood

RIP Duckenheimer (miscer) much respek

---TRUMP2024---
    ===========
    Finally Someone
    **WITH BALLS**
    ===========

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jafomofo View Post
    Whether it's once every 5 years or 10 years or not for 20, it doesn't matter. The point is that it could happen tomorrow.

I already gave one example in this thread of a completely unforeseeable power outage that happened that left tens of millions of people without power for weeks, including stores. Can't use your credit card if there is no electricity. And all the stores were stripped within a day. If you weren't the first to get there, with cash, you lose.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dfprodz View Post
    Been having mine for some time in my car, mostly it’s hygiene stuff though, sure it may look ghey but it DID save my life several times

BRB party and end up in random party house in the AM and have to head to work ASAP

Mine so far has
    - toothpaste
    - toothbrush
    - mouthwash
    - soap
    - deodorant
    - towel
    - can opener
    - cash
    - iPhone wall charger
    - extra lightning cable
    - external battery
    - flashlight
    - foldable knife

I have another one that i carry around in my laptop bag, a mini version which contains basic personal cleaning supplies
    Cologne in a bug out bag? Jesus christ....

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It doesn't matter.

A few hours of your time and 50-500 dollars (depending on what you stock it with) to put into a bag that you keep inside your house isn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. And if it buys you 48-72 hours of time where you can think and make a plan, get out of dodge, etc then it's a win for you and anyone you care about.

People act like there aren't huge disasters, wars, power outages, etc. This happens all through history.

I actually have a shelf in one of the spare bedrooms that has a lot of stuff I'd need for a "survival" situation. First aid kid, water purification, container for water, container to boil / cook in, knives, paracord, backpacking meals, fish hook / line, rain poncho, emergency shelter / blanket, compass, etc. Same room has firearms and ammunition, and a number of backpacks.

I already had a bunch of stuff because I'd camp a lot, so I just organized it in a place where I could easily find it on a moment's notice. I keep one pack loaded with essentials, and could add to that in a few minutes with a lot of the other stuff as necessary.

What most of the morons in this thread don't realize is that while it will likely never really be needed, it's a smart thing to have, relatively inexpensive, and there are any number of hurricane / flood / natural disaster / extended loss of power situations where it could come in handy. And besides, anyone who camps or is outdoors probably has all the stuff anyway. No reason not to have it organized.
    I generally find that when people feel the need to insult others for not agreeing with their viewpoint, that they are unable to adequately support their viewpoint in a logical manner. I have yet to hear of a single scenario in this thread that proves this bag would even help, let alone be a necessity? A hurricane/flood? You have days’ warning before the condition gets life threatening. Which natural disaster scenario causes a bag to be necessary? An extended power outage? Why in the hell would people be leaving their homes to go try to camp in the wilderness or whatever in this scenario? Their home gonna have a lot more supplies than you can fit in a bag and be a lot safer, unless you are poverty as chit.

meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I generally find that when people feel the need to insult others for not agreeing with their viewpoint, that they are unable to adequately support their viewpoint in a logical manner. I have yet to hear of a single scenario in this thread that proves this bag would even help, let alone be a necessity? A hurricane/flood? You have days’ warning before the condition gets life threatening. Which natural disaster scenario causes a bag to be necessary? An extended power outage? Why in the hell would people be leaving their homes to go try to camp in the wilderness or whatever in this scenario? Their home gonna have a lot more supplies than you can fit in a bag, unless you are poverty as chit

I sure hope long valley caldera doesn't actually pop with your mentality.
    ★cVc★ Waterboarding - Baptizing terrorists with Freedom since 02'

I generally find that when people feel the need to insult others for not agreeing with their viewpoint, that they are unable to adequately support their viewpoint in a logical manner. I have yet to hear of a single scenario in this thread that proves this bag would even help, let alone be a necessity? A hurricane/flood? You have days’ warning before the condition gets life threatening. Which natural disaster scenario causes a bag to be necessary? An extended power outage? Why in the hell would people be leaving their homes to go try to camp in the wilderness or whatever in this scenario? Their home gonna have a lot more supplies than you can fit in a bag and be a lot safer, unless you are poverty as chit.
    Trust me, I'm fine with you being one of the first to die or panic when an emergency occurs.

Not concerned with convincing you of common sense.

Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Vexidi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dfprodz View Post

Mine so far has
    - toothpaste
    - toothbrush
    - mouthwash
    - soap
    - deodorant
    - towel
    - can opener
    - cash
    - iPhone wall charger
    - extra lightning cable
    - external battery
    - flashlight
    - foldable knife

lol...thats not a BOB, that's a fukboi bag

TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You wut. Given your location, I'd think: 1) earthquake 2) NK launching a missile at us (unlikely but hell...). It's not the event itself that would require an emergency bag, it's the hysteria after. In any case, having a bag doesn't hurt. It sure will help if you need to evacuate your area in scenario 1 or 2 due to looting, people going crazy and attacking each other, etc.
    They said she's gone too far this time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I could obviously see this being useful. However it 99.99% of situations you could easily go to local friends house, hotel, or wherever else nearby.

MASS Power Outages, Earthquakes, etc.... most natural disasters are predicted well in advance

It would make more sense if you lived in a very remote area without plentiful resources around you.

No judgement here, if you wanna make a bag for an emergency it obviously isn't going to hurt anything.
    -= BLACK AND GOLD =-
    => PITTSBURGH STEELERS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PENGUINS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PIRATES <=

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see everybody talking guns, a BB/Pellet gun would also be nice to have, especially one that you pump.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

Trust me, I'm fine with you being one of the first to die or panic when an emergency occurs.

Not concerned with convincing you of common sense.
    I don’t know how you keep missing my point, but once again, I have a hell of a lot more supplies in my house than I could fit in a bag. And if I’m in a situation where I am stuck in a city with no power for weeks and no help coming from the government, I’m in a hell of a lot of trouble, bag or no bag. Everyone in that situation would be, bag or no bag. How in the hell is the bag going to save me? Does my bag contain Bear Grylls in it and he’s going to teach me how to live off the land for a few months (in urban Los Angeles, where nothing grows)?

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The level of cope and denial in some comments shows us why we have a population of people waiting the gubment to save them due to the attitude you mention. "But but, I never imagined that could happen here"

It's like not having a fire extinguisher cuz you can't possibly imagine a scenario as to why it would come in handy. Note how they focus on the OP example as a reminder why having a BOB is a good idea, vs being the reason a BOB is a good idea...

Q is dead simple: what is the cost having X and never needing it, vs needing it and not having it?
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How many times have you had need for a fire extinguishers in the last 10 years? Once for me, and damn happy I had too. Asking Qs like that shows how dumb people can be when it comes to their own basic safety.

www.BrinkZone.com

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whether it's once every 5 years or 10 years or not for 20, it doesn't matter. The point is that it could happen tomorrow.

I already gave one example in this thread of a completely unforeseeable power outage that happened that left tens of millions of people without power for weeks, including stores. Can't use your credit card if there is no electricity. And all the stores were stripped within a day. If you weren't the first to get there, with cash, you lose.
    strong pivot. I asked you how many times you have an encountered a need for one in the last 10 years. I'll assume its 0.

preparedness is a fine thing, being prepared for something like iceland 2008 makes a lot of sense. This bug out bag nonsense is entry level prepper porn.

How many times have you had need for a fire extinguishers in the last 10 years? Once for me, and damn happy I had too. Asking Qs like that shows how dumb people can be when it comes to their own basic safety.
    asserting logical fallacies are how dumb people form arguments.

I don’t know how you keep missing my point, but once again, I have a hell of a lot more supplies in my house than I could fit in a bag. And if I’m in a situation where I am stuck in a city with no power for weeks and no help coming from the government, I’m in a hell of a lot of trouble, bag or no bag. Everyone in that situation would be, bag or no bag. How in the hell is the bag going to save me? Does my bag contain Bear Grylls in it and he’s going to teach me how to live off the land for a few months (in urban Los Angeles, where nothing grows)?
    It's fine. Really. I'm sure all the survival experts and authorities are wrong, and there is absolutely no situation in which you would need to leave your house suddenly.

I'll let them know that DrunkPanda18 from the internet says everything will be okay.

Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    It doesn't matter.

A few hours of your time and 50-500 dollars (depending on what you stock it with) to put into a bag that you keep inside your house isn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. And if it buys you 48-72 hours of time where you can think and make a plan, get out of dodge, etc then it's a win for you and anyone you care about.

People act like there aren't huge disasters, wars, power outages, etc. This happens all through history.
    It's a classic case of cognitive dissonance which is a fancy way of saying dat der cope.

www.BrinkZone.com

nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nick1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The level of cope and denial in some comments shows us why we have a population of people waiting the gubment to save them due to the attitude you mention. "But but, I never imagined that could happen here"

It's like not having a fire extinguisher cuz you can't possibly imagine a scenario as to why it would come in handy. Note how they focus on the OP example as a reminder why having a BOB is a good idea, vs being the reason a BOB is a good idea...

Q is dead simple: what is the cost having X and never needing it, vs needing it and not having it?
    You ruined me with this thread last year OP. I quite honestly went berserk and bought everything; bags of rice and beans, freeze dried foods, every weapon imaginable, water filtration, sleeping bag, tent, paracords, HAM radios, solar battery chargers, etc.

It's actually kind of fun to do haha
    Goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken!

Stats:
    5'9"
    182 lbs
    12% BF

It's a classic case of cognitive dissonance which is a fancy way of saying dat der cope.
    more like 40 years of living and never having needed to 'bug out'. You guys enjoy playing make believe though, I'm sure all your prepper porn fantasies will come true and make your 'knowledge' relevant someday.

It's fine. Really. I'm sure all the survival experts and authorities are wrong, and there is absolutely no situation in which you would need to leave your house suddenly.
    You mean as i did on the OP? To look at that is scary, so denial is the approach. It's like people who live in chit areas that will not do their best to prevent a break in with quality locks, etc because doing so forces them to comes to terms with the fact they live in a chit area. 99% of the time, they have it done after the fact.

I worked as a locks smith assistant as a kid in Brooklyn, saw the cope and denial every day. Like many here it's the "I don't want it to happen so will not happen" approach to the problem.

My own bro did that. I recommended he improve the locks, get an alarm, etc. Advice was ignored until his wife came home and found a dude standing in the living room. The could have ended VERY badly, but luckly he ran off. Used a screw driver to bypass their POS locks.

I installed the good stuff shortly after.

www.BrinkZone.com

meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meenman83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nick1990 View Post
    You ruined me with this thread last year OP. I quite honestly went berserk and bought everything; bags of rice and beans, freeze dried foods, every weapon imaginable, water filtration, sleeping bag, tent, paracords, HAM radios, solar battery chargers, etc.

It's actually kind of fun to do haha
    Just don't be that guy with thousands of rounds of ammo that aren't put into magazines, those are the guys I am killing and pillaging first. Quite possibly will take their women too If they're good at cooking the freeze dried foods.
    ★cVc★ Waterboarding - Baptizing terrorists with Freedom since 02'

more like 40 years of living and never having needed to 'bug out'. You guys enjoy playing make believe though, I'm sure all your prepper porn fantasies will come true and make your 'knowledge' relevant someday.
    I'd be happy to go 100 years and never need it. Irrelevant to the issue. If you really can't fathom that, no chits given here. Continue with your cope son.

www.BrinkZone.com

FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'll let them know that DrunkPanda18 from the internet says everything will be okay.
    I don't really understand the logic. It's not "cope". It's math, reason, and calculation.

You guys haven't really provided many examples of when this bag would be NEEDED over just going to a hotel and/or friends house.

Like I said in my earlier post. Earthquakes/MASS Power Outages...yeah that would make sense. But that doesn't happen unless you live in an earthquake prone area or a third world country...

It doesn't mean people are coping. It just means that the BOB most likely wouldn't come in handy.

The argument of "Q is dead simple: what is the cost having X and never needing it, vs needing it and not having it? " is failed because you can apply that saying to literally ANY situation. By that logic everyone who goes to the park with their kids should pack band-aids, a sleeping bag, a gallon of water, a tent, and some MRE's in their stroller just in case a 1/1,000,000 FREAK environmental disaster happens.
    -= BLACK AND GOLD =-
    => PITTSBURGH STEELERS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PENGUINS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PIRATES <=