Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post

Edit: lold at microsd in 2016
    .:Foot Fetish Club:.

cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    thats why i quoted the steve jobs quote.

do you understand now? how it relates?

Meaning apple sometimes pushes the market to adapt new tech like with iPod, iPad, the new connecter, and most recently wireless headphones.

and some consumers complaining at the concept of change.

get it?
    No I don't understand how what you quoted relates to bent phone and loss of signal. That's why I asked you to explain it to me earlier when you quoted it.
    Jobs knew we wanted loss of signal before we did?

FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow badass.jpg

its not comparable the quality is bad you're just used to it. like i said, having to restart your device every day to maintain smooth behavior is standard practice for android users even in 2016. google android garbage collection.

battery sucks. thats not an opinion, its a benchmark.
    performance to spec ratio sucks, thats not an opinion, its a benchmark.

better specs but worse performance means you should never mention specs again in one of these debates.

I stopped reading at manual iTunes. nobody loads song on phones anymore. cant you afford itunes match and apple music???

being to poor to use the apple eco system correctly isn't a valid criticism on apple.

Edit: lold at microsd in 2016
    Can you point us to the battery benchmark where an iPhone is better than all androids? Im having a hard time finding this supposed fact. Maybe you means in terms of battery size? Then I guess you could say yes the iPhone is more efficient but unfortunately that counts for nothing.

KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by FFailed View Post
    Those years your making it sound like so long ago lol. I have a hard time believing apple couldn't produce a quality screen before the end of 2014.

Sounds like your agreeing with me on the part where apples only innovation was the original and since then are leaving pushing the envelope and innovating to the others. That quote would be more effective 9 years ago but nowadays they just watch and then make their moves. It's ok though because they still advertise these features as new and exiting and people eat it up. Apple is definately a beast at marketing
    Its true, those were the insider reports as the main reason. The sheer volume they needed to deliver a whole cycle wasn't available in that capacity at the time. There was only 2 screen makers at the time and they were still evolving the tech and expanding their capacities. I would say they were 1 year late and the time of the iPhone 5S was kinda embarrassing but most people weren't on that cycle anyway. The 6+ came in heroically and was much needed.

The innovation is decent Apple doesnt just "innovate" for no reason or useless add ons. At the end of the day its a slab of battery with a piece of glass screen on it. Theres nothing simpler than that. You cant really innovate much without taking steps back in minimilasim theory.

The touch ID was the last great innovation. An example where they weren't first but did it best.

Sometimes Samsung is so good at copying that they would pre-release half assed features just based on rumors and patents Apple have.

For example Apple watch was years in development and nobody else had watches but in response that Apple was inventing one they "invented" some first and brought them to the market months before Apple.

But does that really mean apple is behind? Or so ahead that the cockroaches are running around frantically to compete?

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can you point us to the battery benchmark where an iPhone is better than all androids? Im having a hard time finding this supposed fact. Maybe you means in terms of battery size? Then I guess you could say yes the iPhone is more efficient but that counts for nothing.
    He acts as if "android" is a single thing, not a number of different phones by different companies, all with different performance benchmarks and metrics.

At this point, he's either trolling (I hope so) or delusional.

Either way, it's pissing in the wind.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cookiefiend View Post
    No I don't understand how what you quoted relates to bent phone and loss of signal. That's why I asked you to explain it to me earlier when you quoted it.
    Jobs knew we wanted loss of signal before we did?
    Youre understanding it wrong

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Founder of "The Cope Foundation"

cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cookiefiend has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The post that you were responding to was talking about apple saying those things are consumers faults. You agreed. What does that Jobs quote have to do with that?

I'm not sure how after all this time you are still not getting my question. I suppose I shouldn't expect any better from someone who made one of the most dumbass arguments I've ever seen on the misc, that people should not be held responsible for crimes they commit while drunk because they're not themselves at that point.

Can you point us to the battery benchmark where an iPhone is better than all androids? Im having a hard time finding this supposed fact. Maybe you means in terms of battery size? Then I guess you could say yes the iPhone is more efficient but unfortunately that counts for nothing.
    sure

from anandtech:

Keep in mind that the gap widens with real world usage due to afformention efficiency so you can do more, and charge less.

Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    He acts as if "android" is a single thing, not a number of different phones by different companies, all with different performance benchmarks and metrics.

At this point, he's either trolling (I hope so) or delusional.

Either way, it's pissing in the wind.
    Im not trolling or delusional. I have evidence that you can easily google yourself. This stuff is common knowledge if you research it and keep up with it like I do. Like I said, *educated.

Youre not gonna find this info looking through your old TCP/IP books.

Im not trolling or delusional.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I grabbed an Iphone 5S after dropping my Samsung S3, the S3 absolutely chits on the 5S. The only thing I like about apple is the Icloud chit

I am pretty indifferent about this type of thing, but I can honestly say the Iphone 5S is a disappointing phone....

skateboarding is cardio deft0nes's Avatar
    deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deft0nes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First and last iPhone I will ever buy is the iPhone 5s

Going back to Sony when it breaks or gets way too outdated for me to handle (and I had a flip phone in 2013)
    TEXAS REPS

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Turbomunkey View Post
    I grabbed an Iphone 5S after dropping my Samsung S3, the S3 absolutely chits on the 5S. The only thing I like about apple is the Icloud chit

I am pretty indifferent about this type of thing, but I can honestly say the Iphone 5S is a disappointing phone....
    Thank you for contributing to this thread with an opinion about a phone from 3 years ago.

FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FFailed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sure

from anandtech:

Keep in mind that the gap widens with real world usage due to afformention efficiency so you can do more, and charge less.

Im not trolling or delusional. I have evidence that you can easily google yourself. This stuff is common knowledge if you research it and keep up with it like I do. Like I said, *educated.

Not sure if srs that benchmark has barely any phones listed lol

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

Maybe the 7 plus or the iPhone 8 can take over the s6 goat active in terms of battery life. Sure the iPhone is better than alot of ****ty android phones but better than all it is definately not.
    Last edited by FFailed; 09-12-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for contributing to this thread with an opinion about a phone from 3 years ago.
    Be realistic for a minute, if my Samsung S3 was superior to Iphones newer 5S why the fuk would I invest in another Iphone down the road?

Be realistic for a minute, if my Samsung S3 was superior to Iphones newer 5S why the fuk would I invest in another Iphone down the road?
    Because it's not

Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Upshall18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What? S7 Edge and no fuks given u mad?
    ***Canadian Crew***
    Honorary Black Man
    #MCGFTFT

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sure

from anandtech:

my iphone 6s plus brb standby 144 hours, 3 hours usage and still 41%
    STEM Wagie Brah
    Oil/commodity based trader

Originally Posted by SipNPiz View Post
    my iphone 6s plus brb standby 144 hours, 3 hours usage and still 41%
    Is that good? I don't think k anyone keeps their phone on standby for almost 2 weeks to compare with lol. Reps for using your phone for only 3 hours in that time period though.

Not sure if srs that benchmark has barely any phones listed lol

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks
    Not relevant the testing method is bogus.

Even the iPhone 4S was better than the S3. And you have the audacity to say the S3 was "superior" to the 5S lol...

Pls go you crazy hermit looking dude.

Not relevant the testing method is bogus.
    Cope. Uses benchmark that doesn't even include the top battery life androids like the goat s6 avtive. You have to be delusional to think an iPhone is better than all android phones in terms of battery life. Face it my android has better battery life than any iPhone and possibly even the ones coming out that will be almost 2 years newer hence why I chose my phone in the first place. Everyone has certain things they are looking for in a phone and battery life/durability our mine which the iPhone is inferior in both aspects. They also charge slower too which seems odds since they run more efficiently and are able to use smaller capacity batterys.

5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 5herminator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

why would I want to do multitasking on my phone?

I'm pretty sure I have a supercharged iPad Pro 13" that can do all of that and if I really need to do "work" I would never do it on my phone like some moron I would use my laptop which is also ultra portable and has Airplay for a 2nd display on my 130" screen.
    Damn son. Describe to me how multitasking is not useful? When your workflow comprises of referring to values on an app or browser while writing up plans/flashcards, iphones are the equivalent of dial up. Sometimes it's unfeasible or risky to pull out an ipad on wards, so I want the ability to multitask discretely on my phone. That's where a Note comes in. Not to mention everyone struggling to write/type while I take a pic, rearrange it and crib sheet in under a minute w/ the S note app.

Laptop use: some people prefer it, I don't. Mine is collecting dust and adds zero functional value in my life atm; everything I need is on my tablet.

Some elements Apple does well to opt out of (ie the asian-centric idea that value-cramming features like SpO2 sensors = premium device). Multitasking is not one of them. If it's available on the ipad, that level of utility should have been rolled out to their mobile division already.

More "poor people thoughts" from Android users...

I'm pretty sure I have a supercharged iPad Pro 13" that can do all of that and if I really need to do "work" I would never do it on my phone like some moron I would use my laptop which is also ultra portable and has Airplay for a 2nd display on my 130" screen.
    Maybe different compressions for something. Would help to mention the app.

Also lol at not having unlimited data on AT&T or at least 30GB data.
    It's the Uworld Qbank app.

Also not sheriff srs.. Legitimately cringed at the use of middle class success markers

I have a hard time believing your 6s would outperform my s6 active which most likely will outlast the upcoming 7 aswell.
    6s plus*

Not v hard for me, and never heard of the active. The iphone is my daily driver and leisure device, so I trialled the edge plus and note 5 at work for 2 mths. The note was in death throes at noon after 6 hours. edge incrementally better at 7 hours. On the days I was forced to use my 6s, it murdered the note 5 in standby and easily lasted until 2-3 pm with all med apps open, but no multitasking. OP posted about battery/app optimisation earlier, and based on my experiences with Samsung flagships, I'm inclined to believe it.

When used intensely, the notes have significantly less battery life than expected. My optimal set up for work rn is a note 4, but a spare battery is necessary to prevent wall hugger syndrome.
    misc M.D. '18

Cope. Uses benchmark that doesn't even include the top battery life androids like the goat s6 avtive. You have to be delusional to think an iPhone is better than all android phones in terms of battery life. Face it my android has better battery life than any iPhone and possibly even the ones coming out that will be almost 2 years newer hence why I chose my phone in the first place. Everyone has certain things they are looking for in a phone and battery life/durability our mine which the iPhone is inferior in both aspects. They also charge slower too which seems odds since they run more efficiently and are able to use smaller capacity batterys.
    iPhone 6S Plus has talk time at 24 hours, your s6 active is advertised at 23.

Thats going by your own specs listed.

I hope you realize Anandtech is an industry authority on this kind of stuff every year and have the most legit testing methods.

Sorry kid but the active is just another crappy buggy touch wiz device like the others. Good luck with restarts, memory errors and power cycles.

Not to mention the ugly bulkiness.

Guaranteed IRL it doesnt last longer than an iPhone 6S Plus if you're using it.

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is that good? I don't think k anyone keeps their phone on standby for almost 2 weeks to compare with lol. Reps for using your phone for only 3 hours in that time period though.
    work phone brah easy to ignore and also there are 24 hours in the day over here in Oregon, not sure about those 12 hours days in Illinois <3
    STEM Wagie Brah
    Oil/commodity based trader

Originally Posted by 5herminator View Post
    Damn son. Describe to me how multitasking is not useful? When your workflow comprises of referring to values on an app or browser while writing up plans/flashcards, iphones are the equivalent of dial up. Sometimes it's unfeasible or risky to pull out an ipad on wards, so I want the ability to multitask discretely on my phone. That's where a Note comes in. Not to mention everyone struggling to write/type while I take a pic, rearrange it and crib sheet in under a minute w/ the S note app.

Laptop use: some people prefer it, I don't. Mine is collecting dust and adds zero functional value in my life atm; everything I need is on my tablet.

Some elements Apple does well to opt out of (ie the asian-centric idea that value-cramming features like SpO2 sensors = premium device). Multitasking is not one of them. If it's available on the ipad, that level of utility should have been rolled out to their mobile division already.
    I mean yeah I see how making flash cards would be usable but on such a tiny screen?

Would rather just do it comfortable on the bigger screens. In a pinch I could just keep double tapping between apps which I don't really see happening.

Im not a student so.

buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)