Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000)

6 year natty progress thread

I joined this site back in December '09 and lurked for a few months before I posted anything. I was afraid all the big guys would make fun of me.

But I eventually started posting, giving out advice because it was always the same stuff and nobody ever reads the stickies: "How do I get bigger?" Eat more. "Should I bulk or cut (pics)?" 90% of the time the answer is bulk. "How do I get into lifting?" The answer, back then, was Starting Strength. Every time. And if you wanted to make adjustments to Starting Strength, even the tiniest little inconsequential thing, the whole forum told you to GTFO. I don't know if that's still true today, but, in essence, it probably is (even if you guys are recommending Stronglifts 5x5 or ICF 5x5 or All-Pro's--it's all pretty much the same).

But still, I got a lot of **** from posters around here. A lot of people asking, "Do you even lift?" That's because I looked like this (2009):

For the most part, though, everybody was helpful. I did Starting Strength. I tracked my food on myfitnesspal. I drank my protein.

This is what I looked like within a couple years (2010-2011):

I did Madcow's and WSBB4SB. Fast forward another couple years (2012-2013):

And here's a (pretty unimpressive) pic I took last year, looking lean but pretty depleted:

I think I was too close to the camera TBH. I just look skinny and somewhat aesthetic.

And here are a couple pics I took pretty recently (don't worry I was repping that 305 ATG):

So what's any of this have to do with you? Well, I just want you to get an idea of how far you can come naturally as long as you hang in there, especially if you're just an average guy like me. Also, I can set a good benchmark for you to beat. Natty transformations take a long time. That's the cold, hard truth. But now you have something to aim for. By the time you're twenty, I guarantee you can beat it (for all I know, some of you might already be there).

When I started, I was 5'7'' 125lbs. As of right now, I'm 5'11'' 175lbs (when people guess my weight, though, they usually peg me at 190-195).

BF% is a little hard to estimate, but back then I was probably around 15%. Now, I'm probably 12%.

Also, keep in mind that I'm still probably a good 5-7 years away from zeroing in on my maximum muscular potential. How do I know? Well, I have the benefit of having a big brother who has the same genes as me. He was my benchmark. Now, I'm yours.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Also, off the top of my head, these are some of the posters that I remember. SO to babyslayer (back when he was just another strong fatass), josefrakich, iliftnoodbrah, ddon1996, WannaBeATank, guitargoalie, batmanman, infinitexcel, and bacobacon. I'm sure there are tons more that I forget.

TL;DR I made natty progress. You can too. Keep lifting. Eat protein. You're doing everything right. It just takes time.
    Founder and CEO of Quick Cup, LLC.

thephilanthrocapitalist.com

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000) Henchmandan is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Yes that's decent progress. But nobody's going to be accusing you of taking steroids to get to 175lbs ...

Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000) Phil185 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Henchmandan View Post
    Yes that's decent progress. But nobody's going to be accusing you of taking steroids to get to 175lbs ...
    ... you'd be surprised. Quite a few people have accused me of using. Some people just have a failure mindset. Keep in mind Ogus and kinobody get accused all the time.

I know weight is the holy grail on here, but irl bone structure matters much more. No one has ever guessed my weight lower than 190.

Are the stats in your sig up to date btw?

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Phil185 View Post
    I joined this site back in December '09 and lurked for a few months before I posted anything. I was afraid all the big guys would make fun of me.

But I eventually started posting, giving out advice because it was always the same stuff and nobody ever reads the stickies: "How do I get bigger?" Eat more. "Should I bulk or cut (pics)?" 90% of the time the answer is bulk. "How do I get into lifting?" The answer, back then, was Starting Strength. Every time. And if you wanted to make adjustments to Starting Strength, even the tiniest little inconsequential thing, the whole forum told you to GTFO. I don't know if that's still true today, but, in essence, it probably is (even if you guys are recommending Stronglifts 5x5 or ICF 5x5 or All-Pro's--it's all pretty much the same).

But still, I got a lot of **** from posters around here. A lot of people asking, "Do you even lift?" That's because I looked like this (2009):

For the most part, though, everybody was helpful. I did Starting Strength. I tracked my food on myfitnesspal. I drank my protein.

This is what I looked like within a couple years (2010-2011):

I did Madcow's and WSBB4SB. Fast forward another couple years (2012-2013):

And here's a (pretty unimpressive) pic I took last year, looking lean but pretty depleted:

I think I was too close to the camera TBH. I just look skinny and somewhat aesthetic.

And here are a couple pics I took pretty recently (don't worry I was repping that 305 ATG):

So what's any of this have to do with you? Well, I just want you to get an idea of how far you can come naturally as long as you hang in there, especially if you're just an average guy like me. Also, I can set a good benchmark for you to beat. Natty transformations take a long time. That's the cold, hard truth. But now you have something to aim for. By the time you're twenty, I guarantee you can beat it (for all I know, some of you might already be there).

When I started, I was 5'7'' 125lbs. As of right now, I'm 5'11'' 175lbs (when people guess my weight, though, they usually peg me at 190-195).

BF% is a little hard to estimate, but back then I was probably around 15%. Now, I'm probably 12%.

Also, keep in mind that I'm still probably a good 5-7 years away from zeroing in on my maximum muscular potential. How do I know? Well, I have the benefit of having a big brother who has the same genes as me. He was my benchmark. Now, I'm yours.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Also, off the top of my head, these are some of the posters that I remember. SO to babyslayer (back when he was just another strong fatass), josefrakich, iliftnoodbrah, ddon1996, WannaBeATank, guitargoalie, batmanman, infinitexcel, and bacobacon. I'm sure there are tons more that I forget.

TL;DR I made natty progress. You can too. Keep lifting. Eat protein. You're doing everything right. It just takes time.
    Nice and inspiring post OP. Natty 4 life brah

PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PendlayRow8500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are your current lifts brah ?

Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ... you'd be surprised. Quite a few people have accused me of using. Some people just have a failure mindset. Keep in mind Ogus and kinobody get accused all the time.

I know weight is the holy grail on here, but irl bone structure matters much more. No one has ever guessed my weight lower than 190.

Are the stats in your sig up to date btw?

Solid progress! What are you putting up on the big 3 and OHP? I am just curious, how big are your arms? And I know what you are saying about the juice. Lots of people in real life, assume or think I do roids, even though I am not freakishly big. Being lean and genetics can make you look a lot bigger. People guess my weight at 200+. Not quite there yet, but I almost am.
    Current:
    Squat: 405
    Bench: 265
    Deadlift: 465

Temporary goal:
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 500

Student of Environmental Science/Health

Originally Posted by PendlayRow8500 View Post
    What are your current lifts brah ?
    Dead - 375
    Squat - 375
    Bench - 265

I'm not happy with any of them honestly. I should be wayyyy stronger and I have almost no excuses.

But I like to think about how I couldn't lift the bar when I started. I had to use the machines on, like, 30lbs and work my way up to lifting the bar. I'm not unhappy with that at all, but I should be well into advanced territory by now.

Originally Posted by Loupel View Post
    Solid progress! What are you putting up on the big 3 and OHP? I am just curious, how big are your arms? And I know what you are saying about the juice. Lots of people in real life, assume or think I do roids, even though I am not freakishly big. Being lean and genetics can make you look a lot bigger. People guess my weight at 200+. Not quite there yet, but I almost am.
    OHP - rarely go heavy so idk but I usually get 115x12x3 pretty easily.
    Arms - 15.5'' I don't think they've grown in a year but I kind of neglect them. I get comments on my forearms all the time though so it balances out.

I wish I was bigger all around tbh. When you play the natty game you'll see all kinds of guys lift for a year and suddenly they dwarf you. Sucks, but I'd rather wait to max out my genetic potential (probably around 26/27) before I thought about taking anything.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dead - 375
    Squat - 375
    Bench - 265

I'm not happy with any of them honestly. I should be wayyyy stronger and I have almost no excuses.

But I like to think about how I couldn't lift the bar when I started. I had to use the machines on, like, 30lbs and work my way up to lifting the bar. I'm not unhappy with that at all, but I should be well into advanced territory by now.

OHP - rarely go heavy so idk but I usually get 115x12x3 pretty easily.
    Arms - 15.5'' I don't think they've grown in a year but I kind of neglect them. I get comments on my forearms all the time though so it balances out.

I wish I was bigger all around tbh. When you play the natty game you'll see all kinds of guys lift for a year and suddenly they dwarf you. Sucks, but I'd rather wait to max out my genetic potential (probably around 26/27) before I thought about taking anything.

I see what you are saying about the juice. But, I think it is very hard to reach your genetic potential. I even think pro bodybuilders, who are at the top of their game, are adding a tiny bit of mass every year, and they are slowly progressing. I personally will never juice, because of the health reasons, but whatever.
    Current:
    Squat: 405
    Bench: 265
    Deadlift: 465

Temporary goal:
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 500

Student of Environmental Science/Health