layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Shoulders / Tris give way on chest day

Guys,

My shoulders (a weak point for me) and tris always give way before my chest when using a weight that finishes me off at 3 sets of 8 reps... mainly with the presses, as opposed to flyes. I've used a 6-8 rep scheme for my chest for a long time.

I've started using lighter weight that finishes me off at 3 sets for 12 reps... I've never used a rep scheme as high as 12 for larger muscle groups, only smaller muscle groups.

I tried this for the first time last week and seemed to really feel it in the chest on training days themselves and with DOMs (normally my shoulders experience the DOMs after chest day mostly).

I think I could concentrate on form a lot more, and my shoulders weren't incorporated quite as much as normal, or weren't taking as much weight.

Don't know if that conclusion is right, or because I was just introducing a new way of training?? Anybody else experience this when your shoulders give way before chest really gets a blast??
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What does your routine look like? Are you using dumbbells?

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Always use dumbbells only. Incline press, Flat Press, Machine Flat Press, Flye machine, Finish off with Cables.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10) pinoyballa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Allocate one day for just shoulders and maybe calves. Give yourself time to recover after chest day so you're able to hit hard. Having weak triceps can be a reason why you fatigue easily on other areas

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I made a point to ensure Barbell OHP remains a staple in my routine over the past 5-6 months....as well as going hard on Decline French Press Both have really helped my bench. OHP makes me very strong off the chest. The French Presses improve my lockout.

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could try training shoulders and triceps on the same day. then focus on things like military press and close grip bench press as staples.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.