dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why fo people recommend 5*5 for beginners?

I edited post so it'd be more easy to read
    ——----------------------
    Did first week high sets, reps to failiure with light weight to correct forms. Felt burn, my muscle being all pumped up also I could felt the target muscle being worked.

This week, I did 2 sessions of 5*5 with additional workouts, Did not felt anything. Got tired but don't feel pumps, i don't feel my target muscles being worked. I must be doing something wrong

Should I stick with 5*5?
    Or go back to reps to failiure to learn how to engage target muscle?
    Last edited by dpswhore; 02-08-2016 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Post too long

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you can't "feel" getting worked isn't a concern as a beginner. As a beginner, by a huge margin, the best way to make progress and to make best use of the "beginner gains" is to get stronger, and 5x5 routines are just about the best way to do this.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpswhore has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I heard if you don't feel any burn or pump after workout you're doing it wrong. Is that a myth?

Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jackal005 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    What you can't "feel" getting worked isn't a concern as a beginner. As a beginner, by a huge margin, the best way to make progress and to make best use of the "beginner gains" is to get stronger, and 5x5 routines are just about the best way to do this.
    This.

Originally Posted by dpswhore View Post
    I heard if you don't feel any burn or pump after workout you're doing it wrong. Is that a myth?
    Yes.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes.

How about not being tired enough? I feel like I can go for more after done working out.

How about not being tired enough? I feel like I can go for more after done working out.
    What program are you following?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also irrelevant.

5*5 by Jason Blaha from ice cream fitness

5*5 by Jason Blaha from ice cream fitness
    That's fine then. Ignore the "not being tired" part. Follow the program to the letter and you'll do just fine.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Muscle will grow from a wide variety of rep ranges.

However, getting enough volume from low reps is fatiguing for experienced lifters - but novices don't need as much volume to max out their growth potential. So they can get both strength (neural efficiency) and muscle gain from ~5 rep sets.

mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stick with it, eventually you'll be pushing up against your threshold and you WILL feel pumped and tired after each workout, and pushing past your barriers will make you feel sore 1-2 days after lifting. It will happen, in time, and you'll realize why you need more rest days than work days when you're still working out through soreness even with all the rest.

RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    People recommend 5*5 because people are a combination of both lazy and retarded. The reps and sets should fit the goals you have in mind.

Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crysthal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No people recommend 5x5 because it makes you train each muscle every other day which is possible as a beginner and thus makes you train your muscles 3-4 times a week (if you try hard) which then leads to faster gains than doing a fancy 4 split that hits each muscle once a week.
    In the beginning it's all about making fast gains to keep the motivation up and learning correct form and rom.

It may not work for everybody but it's worth to give it a shot.

Eventhough I would not start with only 5 reps but with like 8-10 so you are more comfortable with the weight in terms of learning the form and range of motion. Also selecting the right weight for 5 reps might be difficult as a beginner and with slightly more reps you can feel better if you are able to do another rep.
    But that's my opinion.

canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canada99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RustedIron View Post
    People recommend 5*5 because people are a combination of both lazy and retarded. The reps and sets should fit the goals you have in mind.

or because its a good strength routine. which progressively getting stronger and a diet that fits your goals have a lot more to do with muscle gain then what reps and sets you chose, especially in beginners, if building muscle is your goal. as long as the reps and sets you use are withing reason.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RustedIron View Post
    It gets recommended because it is been a proven method for decades to get beginning lifters strong fast. You need a sufficient strength baseline before you can do anything else.

Negged.

kthahypebeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i use 5x5 when i wanna just get strong and massive, i guess cause you still do a nice amount of reps with some nice weight i would think
    do it for the gaiiinzz

Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chocminty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Teaches the compound movements, take benefits of beginner rapid strength gains and accompany it with fast linear progression.