Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so I took 2 complete days off of running etc. Hit the treadmill today. easy, easy session but my lower legs still felt like minced meat when I was done. I'm not the kind of guy who gives up on things very easily but I just don't know if I'm built for running.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I haven't gotten on the scale in a couple of days, last time I was I was just a touch over 200lbs. I honestly think the medications I was on caused me to hold a ton of water. I know that's weak but it's what I think.

back, bi's and forearms next workout.

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    great workout last night to close out my baseline workouts, now I get to get back to work for real. this is how yesterday went:

dumbbell curls-55 x 30ish RP-done one arm at a time, bent over like a standing concentration curl (like Arnold does at the start of pumping iron, this really saves my lower back, it doesn't like me doing standard DB curls). I got 32 with my right and 30 with my left

wrist curl-140 x 20 straight set

paramount pulldowns-9 plates + 5lbs x 23RP with a 4 count negative

meadows rows-110 x 20 straight set with each arm (these are shown in the video I posted earlier)

1 minute stretch for arms and back at the end.

everything went great and I'm ready to start really hitting it hard again.

I think that's why I'm so frustrated with my running. I can just turn it "on" in the gym and get into this zone, with running it's a struggle from start to finish.

I knew I was ending the baseline period so I kind of ate a bit more than usual to celebrate and get ready to lock it down.

bodyweight this morning was 204.0

cardio at lunch will be on the elliptical. I'm not going to run everyday anymore. I really believe to be a good runner you have to.....well, run. I'm just not ready to do it everyday. I tried and I failed...well, my lower legs failed. maybe if I space out the running they'll have time to recover and I'll be better off in the long "run"

elliptical went well, 30 minutes at a nice pace. Nothing that was gonna kill me but a good first day. HR was decent and my lower legs didn't feel like they were going to explode so that was nice.

maybe abs tonight if I have time. I've got a crazy day today.

I'm having a few little medical things happen today so I am going to have to hold off on training till tomorrow. It's just some asthma related stuff that I have done every so often, I forgot about the appt till just now.

Body weight this morning was 202.0

Yesterday was my first day on my new blast:

Dip machine-237.5 x 27RP

1/4 laterals-60 x 34RP

PJR pullover-70 x 21 straight set

I did 8 plates on the Maxine I'm using for my widow maker and got 21 good reps.

1 minute stretch for shoulders and 75 second stretch for pecs.

Ran 1 mile afterwards at a decent but not great pace. At really, really well yesterday and so far today.

Workout set for tomorrow. Felt great to hopefully get back on track.

2nd workout in the books;

Preacher curl-120 x 23RP with a 20 count static hold

Reverse grip 1 arm cable curl-26.5 x 22 with my right and 24 with my left

Front pull down-216 x 25RP with a slow negative

Seated row-228 x 21 straight set

1 min stretch for bi's and lays

1 Mile run after, beat my previous time by over a minute.

only had time to run at lunch yesterday, it went well. My lower legs didn't feel like they were going to explode. I didn't go very hard, just trying to build up some endurance right now.

elliptical today at lunch, not very hard.

I've got a strange day ahead today, late meetings and things of that nature. I might not be able to get to the gym for a couple of days. If I can't lift today I'm going to do a second cardio session and maybe abs depending on how I feel.

legs last night, I'm still trying to get in a groove with this:

high rep toe press-375 x 40+RP, I stopped counting at 40. I did partials at the end to total failure, I probably did about 25

sumo leg press-375 x 22 straight set, my abs cramped up when I was doing these so I cut it a bit short. I can't explain why my abs cramp once in awhle when I do these.

leg press-375 x 30 straight set with 30 1/4 reps at the end

so even though this is the heavy day it's still lite, my knee has been achy as of late which probably has to do with the running I've been doing

1/2 hour on the elliptical yesterday but it was a grind. I'm kind of worn out this week.

I think I'm going to skip cardio today, might do chest, shoulders and tri's tonight depending on how I feel. If I really feel tired after work I'll wait until tomorrow.

200.5 this morning, weight is coming off just kind of slow

I got up yesterday, ready to go to the gym. I looked at my log book to start to get ready and said "that's pretty easy, no problem". That really bothered me. It actually made me angry that I allowed myself to become so complacent with my training. Remember my first post in this thread I said I thought I had been in cruise control, well over the last few weeks I fell back into that.

So I said **** it. Heavy weight, bust ass and grind this stuff out like it's supposed to be done.

so here is what I did yesterday and today:

day 1

dip machine-250 x 25RP

1/4 laterals-75 x 26RP

PJR Pullover-80 x 15 straight set

widowmaker-8 plates x 21

so I bumped everything up

day 2

barbell curls-135 x 26RP

hammer curls-50 x 23 straight set

front pulldown-228 x 22RP

mountain dog rows-125 x 12 with my right and 9 with my left. I did a second movement on a low pully rowing machine for 20 reps

ran a 5K on the treadmill and knocked 10 minutes off the time I had a few weeks ago.

I just weighed myself a few minutes ago, before dinner and I was under 200lbs

I'm glad I had that wake up call. I'm too old at this point to be taking it easy. if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right.

re diagnosed with bronchitis last night. major set back. I just can't get any traction this year.

I'm gonna suspend this thread until I get a handle on my lungs.

sorry, I know it really sucked.