JanBoveri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Help! I can't reach the calories i needand the macros i need!

i went to a doctor to get a diet made for me but it doesnt reach the daily 1500 calories i need to lose weight.. Its under that, and i read that being under your calorie deficit by a lot can make you not lose any weight..

So im curious because ive tried many times to count my calories and i never reach the 1500 and i never reach the macros i need for the day.

Im thinking about intermitent fasting, but im scared that im not gonna be able to get 1500-1700 calories in my body in the 8 hour eating period since i can't even do it in 24 hours..

Im over weight and i know it sounds weird that i dont go over 2300 calories and dont lose weight but im sure its my body trying to conserve fats..

Any advice

Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you saying a doctor told you to eat 1500 calories? Was it Dr. Oz?

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    Do yourself a huge favor and punch your stats in there. Eat 300-500 calories below that. If you'e not losing weight at that low of calories, you need to get better at counting calories.
    I have to return some videotapes

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    -Some fish guy

225 Bench
    275 DL
    235 Squat

LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFTINGTIME is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Canadiantuxedo View Post
    Are you saying a doctor told you to eat 1500 calories? Was it Dr. Oz?

iifym.com/tdee-calculator
    Do yourself a huge favor and punch your stats in there. Eat 300-500 calories below that. If you'e not losing weight at that low of calories, you need to get better at counting calories.
    Is that how people calculate their recommended calories? I hear that calculator estimates really high

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LIFTINGTIME View Post
    Is that how people calculate their recommended calories? I hear that calculator estimates really high
    These calculators are never accurate it's not like they are some advanced body monitoring system, it's just an algorithm that estimates calorie needs, the key word here being estimates. Even the calories you count based of food labels are not accurate which is why you have to adjust based upon results. So if on a supposed calorie deficit of 500 calories you don't lose weight and just stay the same you drop your needs by a couple of hundred calories and see what happens and keep adjusting until you get the results you need.

As for OP intermittent fasting isn't some magical diet, it still means you have to be in a deficit, you can gain weight on IF if you consume a surplus of calories.

Unless you have a medical condition I find it hard to believe you are overweight while consuming so little. Are you tracking everything and I mean everything, all your drinks, oils you cook food in, dips and sauces etc. Also are you weighting your food, I suspect you are not tracking calories accurately for 2 reasons, one you are overweight and 2 you are saying you find it hard to reach 1500 calories, I just had breakfast and that was 600 calories more than a third of the way to 1500 and I find it hard to believe you eat so little which means you are not tracking everything or are under estimating the calories in the foods you eat.

Maybe post what you eat in a day and what you think the calories are for what you have consumed.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As already said, 1500 kcal is too low for a man to lose fat.

Are you counting correctly? Eating 1500kcal shouldn't be hard at all to eat. Correction, it is hard to eat so few calories.
    Why are you considering intermittent fasting? Why would you make it even harder to consume your daily calories?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What kind of doctor is this that told you to consume 1500 calories?

Why has he put you on this diet? You're not THAT overweight are you?
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBritishGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My 2 cents:

Google Starting Strength - it is a great beginner program - follow it to the T.

Follow the nutrition stickies, they're full of great advice. I haven't got enough posts to post links yet, but theres a sticky at the top of this forum called "counting calories and macronutrients". Study this post and learn from it, it explains almost everything you need to know, without the BS.

I will also add that there is no such thing as a stupid question, learn from the stickies and work hard.

Good luck

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So much non sense, I don't know where to start:

- How are you overweight at 174 lbs?

- Why are you on a 1500 calories diet? and IF so, why can't you reach it?

- Why do you think you won't lose weight if you're on a deficit?

- Why would you go on intermittent fasting if you can't down your calories within a 24 hour time stamp?

You need to upload a picture, read the stickies in the nutrition section to calculate your current TDEE and know where to start, MOST IMPORTANTLY, you need to stop going to that doctor.
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

JanBoveri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know, when i went to my doctors and i had my shirt on she said that i looked fine and there was no reason i should be there, she then asked me to lift my shirt and saw my love handles and belly fat

The meals she gave me daily dont reach 1500 even, they reach around 1300 (i live in italy and they depend mostly on carbs, the protien in the diet is very little for some reason) i assumed i need 1500 because on a calc i got 2000 calories to maintain and i took off 500.

Im not able to reach 1500 because i just each chicken and lettuce and peas and maybe im eating to little, and yes i do measure all my food.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well losing weight is not going to hurt you. You need more calories though. Start eating 2000 calories and follow Fierce 5 lifting program.

If you're losing ~1 pound per week you're doing it right.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/