Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Striation View Post
    Do you have the source for this? This definitely makes me feel better. I guess I'm close to my limit.

http://www.builtlean.com/2011/03/30/...ain-naturally/
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks to both of ya.
    Add me on instagram @davidgzz1981

boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Agreed.

The industry is unfortunately a breeding ground for lies, false hope and unrealistic expectations.

But as long as there is believers. There will be money to be made.
    Surely anyone can get into good shape? Surely it doesnt just take hard work. I mean you just have to eat clean and workout, I dont understand why thats a lie? Im pretty sure anyone can do that?

boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boo2019 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    This topic falls under a larger topic of 1% of 1%. What it really comes down to is that effort trumps any combination of "tricks" that collectively amount to less than 1% effective.

In one years time lifting harder, doing a little more cardio and dieting a little harder would make a dramatic difference.

All the "ticks" in the book wont do that if you did them for 100 years.
    Nice, thankyou, I like the way people are moving away from analysis paralysis and towards, no BS minimal information maximal actually doing what needs to be done.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by boo2019 View Post
    Surely anyone can get into good shape? Surely it doesnt just take hard work. I mean you just have to eat clean and workout, I dont understand why thats a lie? Im pretty sure anyone can do that?
    What is eating clean?

tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombaron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ran my details through the Casey butt model, must take vitamin s into account because apparently I can hit 195lbs at 10% 5'10" or I just have massive ankles and wrists lol.
    1/1/15: 93kg
    19/6/15 78.5kg
    27/6/15: 77kg
    3/7/15: after pre psmf 280g carb up: 76.5
    24/7/15 72.5kg (post psmf)
    6/8/15 71.25kg
    Goal:
    68kg or 30" waist, whichever comes first.
    Just keeping going, eating clean, training mean and getting lean ;)

Weight loss = (calories in < calories expended) x time, simple.

chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewbrahca91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Adding around a pound of lean muscle a year to your bones and then getting ripped, aka shredded, aka stage weight. Takes YEARS.

You may be able to get to the weight. But will you hold the same lean mass.
    That table is exactly what I was looking for.

I expect to get around 10% body fat around ~130lb, then probably spend the next five years doing a few clean bulk cycles before 10% @ 160lb.

Or is 5 years still too short?

How many calories?

DAILY CALORIC INTAKE CALCULATOR

Age = 31

Gender = Male

Current Weight = 225 pounds

Body fat % = 23 %

Height 6 feet 1 inch

Exercise level 3 times a week light to moderate workouts

RESULTS

Maintain current weight = 2765 calories per day

Fat Loss = 2212 calories per day

Extreme Fat Loss = 1792 calories per day

Does that calorie counter calculation sound correct?

So today I have eaten

Breakfast = 4 slices of wholemeal toast with butter and bovril spread (salty spread) AND Oat based cerial called country crisp with skimmed milk about a cups worth

Lunch = 1 sausage, 2 slices of bacon, beans, tomatoes, 1 egg incl yolk, mushrooms, tomato ketchup

Dinner = Chicken breast fried in olive oil, chicken is marinaded in a sauce from a bottle, it gives the chicken a coating, + Potatoes grilled with skin on lightly covered in olive oil, 1 bell pepper, some spinach

3 Liters of water is the only drink

1 chocolate cereal bar (cabury's brunch bar)

How many calories did I eat today?

Am I over 1792?

Also how fast can I expect my body fat % to reduce per week or month if I stick to the 1792 calories (and a moderate workout with weights 3x a week)?
    Last edited by boo2019; 07-28-2015 at 01:46 AM.

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No one's going to calculate that for you when you can easily do it yourself.
    1. Calculate your calories using the stickies below or IIFYM Calculator
    2. Apply a 10% deficit or surplus to your total intake based on your goal.
    3. Make adjustments on a 2 week basis. Raise or lower your intake by 100kcal of whichever macronutrient you prefer provided minimum fat and protein requirements are met.
    4. Track your weight daily or weekly at the same time of day for accuracy.
    5. Aim to lose or gain 1-1.5lbs per 2 weeks. More overweight individuals may safely lose up to 2-3lbs per week.
    6. Pick a novice program and be consistent.
    7. To track your macros use an application such as MyFitnessPal , Cron-O-Meter , MyMacros+ , Fitocracy
    8. Acquire a food scale to accurately track your macros. How to use a food scale Food Scale 101

Must read:
    • Micronutrients matter.
    • Eating the same thing everyday can deprive you of other micronutrients thus variety in your diet is important.
    • Dietary fat is essential. The only bad fat is industrial trans fat.
    • No specific diet is necessary to acquire weight loss. What matters is that you are in a caloric deficit.
    • Depending on your carb intake when you increase/decrease you may see immediate weight gain or loss do not panic. Do not micromanage your intake per day, instead make adjustments on a 2 week basis.
    • Women during their menstrual cycle may experience larger swings in water weight do not panic stay the course.
    • Nutrient timing is largely irrelevant unless you're a serious athlete.
    • To look up the nutritional content of food head to NutritionData , CalorieKing , Caloriecount
    • For information regarding vitamins or supplements head to Examine
    • For ideas to compose your own meal plans based on your macros head to Eathismuch
    • Eating tuna everyday is not healthy see spoiler.
      Spoiler!

Please refer to:
    Calculating Calories and Macronutrients
    Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads
    Discretionary Calorie Allowance
    The dirt on clean eating

Novice Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Jason Blaha 5x5
    Starting Strength
    Push/Pull/Legs

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sure
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50) n4pst3rCOD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sevenhm View Post
    No one's going to calculate that for you when you can easily do it yourself.
    1. Calculate your calories using the stickies below or IIFYM Calculator
    2. Apply a 10% deficit or surplus to your total intake based on your goal.
    3. Make adjustments on a 2 week basis. Raise or lower your intake by 100kcal of whichever macronutrient you prefer provided minimum fat and protein requirements are met.
    4. Track your weight daily or weekly at the same time of day for accuracy.
    5. Aim to lose or gain 1-1.5lbs per 2 weeks. More overweight individuals may safely lose up to 2-3lbs per week.
    6. Pick a novice program and be consistent.
    7. To track your macros use an application such as MyFitnessPal , Cron-O-Meter , MyMacros+ , Fitocracy
    8. Acquire a food scale to accurately track your macros. How to use a food scale Food Scale 101

Must read:
    • Micronutrients matter.
    • Eating the same thing everyday can deprive you of other micronutrients thus variety in your diet is important.
    • Dietary fat is essential. The only bad fat is industrial trans fat.
    • No specific diet is necessary to acquire weight loss. What matters is that you are in a caloric deficit.
    • Depending on your carb intake when you increase/decrease you may see immediate weight gain or loss do not panic. Do not micromanage your intake per day, instead make adjustments on a 2 week basis.
    • Women during their menstrual cycle may experience larger swings in water weight do not panic stay the course.
    • Nutrient timing is largely irrelevant unless you're a serious athlete.
    • To look up the nutritional content of food head to NutritionData , CalorieKing , Caloriecount
    • For information regarding vitamins or supplements head to Examine
    • For ideas to compose your own meal plans based on your macros head to Eathismuch
    • Eating tuna everyday is not healthy see spoiler.
      Spoiler!

Please refer to:
    Calculating Calories and Macronutrients
    Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads
    Discretionary Calorie Allowance
    The dirt on clean eating

Novice Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Jason Blaha 5x5
    Starting Strength
    Push/Pull/Legs
    Let me guess, you have saved this post in a text file! By the way nice post.

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP, you're gonna be much surprised when you get down to 200 lbs. People are being adamant about telling you it won't be like you expect so you don't hit that big wall of disappointment. Take it from someone who's been where you are, and are where you want to be (albeit i'm not 10% either lol).

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes you can get into good shape.
    With hard work and a calorie deficit, you can get really lean/ripped.
    The "lie" or false presentation is these guys who are like 5'11" and >200 lbs, and ~6% BF, and they are getting there by just taking some supplement they bought at this company they represent.

It's just not gonna happen that way.
    If you are natural.....getting down to ~6% BF, you are going to be very small. Trust me on this.
    Unless you are a genetic freak....

Just keep in mind that Arnold was 6'2" and around 220 lbs when on stage. And we know he was on roids.
    You have guys that are 5'11" and coming in at that weight.....with that full, rounded look.
    I do IF (LeanGains protocol) since Aug 2013
    Been Lifting religiously since Feb. 1995
    I eat what I want, to the number of calories I need based on my current goals.

ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    What is eating clean?
    I think he means you have to wash your food before you eat it. I hear this a lot from people, but no one can tell me if I can just wash my food in the sink, or if I have to use the dishwasher to get the most "clean" eating possible.

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wash my hands and call it good.

True or False you can get ripped up and in good shape only eating KFC?

Apparently so long as I have a slight calorie deficit I will loose weight including fat, and as long as Im lifting weights and eating protein etc I will build or at least maintain muscle.

So KFC is very calorie dense, so you would probably have just 2 KFC meals per day and nothing else. (what probably 800 calories per meal?) Which is feasible. So thats 1600 caleries a day which leaves room for an ice cream with chocolate sprinkles thats an extra 200 calories, a total of 1800 calorie, which is a nice calorie deficit for alot of people.

Is this possible? Has it ever been done before? Is it impossible? If so why?

Who will join me on the KFC weight loss challenge?

ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000) ryantrek is just really nice. (+1000)
    look into the twinkie diet

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What a stupid plan. You'll do a great job at ignoring every aspect of proper nutrition.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    What a stupid plan. You'll do a great job at ignoring every aspect of proper nutrition.
    Its a hypothetical question. Just to gain understanding. I dont want to shorten my life span significantly.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can get in good shape but will you have an eye catching physique? Odds are the answer is no.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000) ItsTiME35 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its a hypothetical question. Just to gain understanding. I dont want to shorten my life span significantly.
    watch the movie "Supersize Me"... it will open your eyes to fast food and the methods used, etc.
    FMH Crew - Dominate Humbly - Barbell Brigade

FIERCE 5/VIKING BARE BONES FB WORKOUT JOURNAL - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168445403

xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe some of you folks can shed some light on my situation, as it kind of pertains to this thread a bit. In a little under 2 years time I have been steadily dieting, lifting 5-6 days a week, and doing cardio. I started as someone who has lifted before and was already pretty strong going into this whole thing. I admit my diet hasnt been perfect over the course of 2 years but I would say that most of the time i have been eating at least at a 500 cal deficit. So over the last 2 ish years I have lost about 85lbs but at the same time I have seen some crazy strength and lean muscle gains. I kind of always atributed the muscle gains to me simply losing fat and uncovering what was already there which makes sense to me I guess. What doesnt make sense is how I have been able to almost double all of my big lifts and make visible LBM gains while generally eating at a deficit over the last 2 years. The first time I deadlifted back in oct of 2013 my max was 285 and last week I matched my PR while still being in a calorie deficit. Has my body adapted to eating 500+ below my tdee or am I just lucky that I can build strength and muscle so easily? I am not the biggest guy by any means but I have naturally broad shoulders and a wide frame for lack of a better term.

Edit: I put in my numbers into Casey Butts Calculator and for my goal of 15% body fat all of my current measurements are pretty damn close to what the max estimated measurements are and gives me a max muscular body weight of 203lbs which is pretty much the number im after in terms of weight loss goals go. Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by xxdef1antxx; 07-28-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    KTM crew

62lbs lost

Bench - 320
    Squat - 460
    Deadlift - 550

BigRigPig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A perfect playlist on my MP3 player - constantly updated to I can really get into the zone in my workout.
    Learn to love the whole process - know that if you stick with this you will constantly improve your fitness levels.
    Love the lift - really learn to love your workouts, give it everything you have

Originally Posted by xxdef1antxx View Post
    Maybe some of you folks can shed some light on my situation, as it kind of pertains to this thread a bit. In a little under 2 years time I have been steadily dieting, lifting 5-6 days a week, and doing cardio. I started as someone who has lifted before and was already pretty strong going into this whole thing. I admit my diet hasnt been perfect over the course of 2 years but I would say that most of the time i have been eating at least at a 500 cal deficit. So over the last 2 ish years I have lost about 85lbs but at the same time I have seen some crazy strength and lean muscle gains. I kind of always atributed the muscle gains to me simply losing fat and uncovering what was already there which makes sense to me I guess. What doesnt make sense is how I have been able to almost double all of my big lifts and make visible LBM gains while generally eating at a deficit over the last 2 years. The first time I deadlifted back in oct of 2013 my max was 285 and last week I matched my PR while still being in a calorie deficit. Has my body adapted to eating 500+ below my tdee or am I just lucky that I can build strength and muscle so easily? I am not the biggest guy by any means but I have naturally broad shoulders and a wide frame for lack of a better term.

Edit: I put in my numbers into Casey Butts Calculator and for my goal of 15% body fat all of my current measurements are pretty damn close to what the max estimated measurements are and gives me a max muscular body weight of 203lbs which is pretty much the number im after in terms of weight loss goals go. Interesting stuff.
    If you had a lot of BF to begin with, even though you were in a caloric deficit, you were never in a negative energy balance.
    So take that, with previous lifting time in the gym, as well as mind/muscle adaptation, you will get strength gains.
    With the possibility of muscle growth.
    And then yes, the loss of BF will result in more muscle definition.

So keep doing what you are doing, seems you are doing it right.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All calories are created equal, a calorie is a calorie. Use more energy than you take in and you will lose weight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) neeshanthan23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Apparently so long as I have a slight calorie deficit I will loose weight including fat, and as long as Im lifting weights and eating protein etc I will build or at least maintain muscle.

So KFC is very calorie dense, so you would probably have just 2 KFC meals per day and nothing else. (what probably 800 calories per meal?) Which is feasible. So thats 1600 caleries a day which leaves room for an ice cream with chocolate sprinkles thats an extra 200 calories, a total of 1800 calorie, which is a nice calorie deficit for alot of people.

Is this possible? Has it ever been done before? Is it impossible? If so why?

Who will join me on the KFC weight loss challenge?
    look at my bf been followin see diet ever since i left heaven and stayed a while in my moms uterus

xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xxdef1antxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sdunn96 View Post
    If you had a lot of BF to begin with, even though you were in a caloric deficit, you were never in a negative energy balance.
    So take that, with previous lifting time in the gym, as well as mind/muscle adaptation, you will get strength gains.
    With the possibility of muscle growth.
    And then yes, the loss of BF will result in more muscle definition.

So keep doing what you are doing, seems you are doing it right.

Ok I see now, that makes complete sense to me now that I think about it. I never thought of the fat on my body as being the extra energy source which would essentially cover the gap left by dieting. Thanks for the insight.
    KTM crew

62lbs lost

Bench - 320
    Squat - 460
    Deadlift - 550

Originally Posted by xxdef1antxx View Post
    Ok I see now, that makes complete sense to me now that I think about it. I never thought of the fat on my body as being the extra energy source which would essentially cover the gap left by dieting. Thanks for the insight.
    Yup. Welcome
    That is all fat is,
    A storage of energy for times when food is not plentiful
    Thanks Evolution, you're awesome.

adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In my opinion I find 2 types of people perpetuate this myth.

1) Fat people that do not like getting their heart rates above 80bpm so they lift a few heavy things telling themselves they are on the express freeway to a calorie eating machine.

2) Dudes who like to lift weights, feel guilty they do no cardio & console themselves that it makes no difference because they extra 5kg of muscle requires the same energy as the Titanic just to maintain.

Truth is, a hard cardio class can burn about 6-850 calories in an hour, an average guy doing a little weights 5 times a week for an hour after a year might burn an extra 60 calories a day.

That does not take into account that when fat people say this what they do not realise is if they do put on muscle & by some miracle with no cardio do lose weight enough to see a difference then the weight they lost & the energy required just to move around will be less to the point of eclipsing the benefit of muscle gain.

My advice & it is only at people that are naturally tubby (this does not apply to the naturally lean) is put down those pie and chips and go do a cardio class, run up a hill or get on a bike because it will burn way more calories.

adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) adamrandall2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOioHK5Nqb4&t=3m13s

This is absolutely true, even my legs and calves got smaller over time after i was no longer fat, a LOT of other people have posted about this over the years too (google search too).
    The constant stimulus is no longer there and the muscle should rapidly lose size post obesity.
    As does bone density too.