cvdasf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gold standard Vs trutein

Which one is better for building muscle ( I am trying to gain muscle not lose weight.)? Which is better quality? dont want to be putting weird chemicals or not quality things in my body.
    Last edited by cvdasf; 03-17-2015 at 08:50 PM.

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Neither. A calorie surplus is.

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like asking which is better at building muscle, chicken vs fish.

Like EPolis said, gaining more mass means more calories not a protein shake (unless you need it to reach protein macro's since you can't from whole food)
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by DasBiceps View Post
    Like asking which is better at building muscle, chicken vs fish.

Like EPolis said, gaining more mass means more calories not a protein shake (unless you need it to reach protein macro's since you can't from whole food)
    Sorry i must have worded this weird. I have not been hitting nearly enough protein or any other of the things supplements are suppose to help you hit. Meant it more as im not trying to lose wait but gain :P

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Building muscle comes from nutrition and training.

TDEE Calculator

Calculating Calories and Macronutrients

Nutrition

Workout Routines
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cvdasf View Post
    Sorry i must have worded this weird. I have not been hitting nearly enough protein or any other of the things supplements are suppose to help you hit. Meant it more as im not trying to lose wait but gain :P
    Are you positive you are not eating enough protein?

If you are trying to gain weight, eating more food will definitely help you out. In doing so you can eat more protein, having a shake is fine too but you may not need it.
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Are you positive you are not eating enough protein?

If you are trying to gain weight, eating more food will definitely help you out. In doing so you can eat more protein, having a shake is fine too but you may not need it.
    Pretty sure. I've read that you should have 1g per pound you weigh. I weigh 130 pounds and only get about 60-70 a day of protein. I'm also having trouble eating the 2700 calories im suppose to be eating. So figured this would add some protein so i could atleast get the right amount of that.

AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really, y'all? We're going to sell people on the weirdest **** all day long but when someone comes in asking for a recommendation between protein powders we're going to say "just food?"

OP, either is fine. I personally like Trutein more but apparently they have a checkered history here on BB.com.
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***

Pretty sure. I've read that you should have 1g per pound you weigh. I weigh 130 pounds and only get about 60-70 a day of protein. I'm also having trouble eating the 2700 calories im suppose to be eating. So figured this would add some protein so i could atleast get the right amount of that.
    Start by trying to eat more calorically dense food that is also not filling (somtimes junk food will help). But with 2700 cals to eat a day, im sure you could reach through whole food but either way, a protein shake would only help in reach the macro's you can't get through food but yet you are still not reaching you macro's which means you will have a hard time gaining mass.

I would first try and find a way to get in all your calories first then see after if you still have not reached all of your macros
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by AfroPope View Post
    Really, y'all? We're going to sell people on the weirdest **** all day long but when someone comes in asking for a recommendation between protein powders we're going to say "just food?"

OP, either is fine. I personally like Trutein more but apparently they have a checkered history here on BB.com.
    Odd i wonder what happend? Thanks

Start by trying to eat more calorically dense food that is also not filling (somtimes junk food will help). But with 2700 cals to eat a day, im sure you could reach through whole food but either way, a protein shake would only help in reach the macro's you can't get through food but yet you are still not reaching you macro's which means you will have a hard time gaining mass.

I would first try and find a way to get in all your calories first then see after if you still have not reached all of your macros
    Any recommendations on how to eat that much?

In OP's situation, reach macro's first then when doing so, still need help reaching protein macro's then i would recommend.

Any recommendations on how to eat that much?
    Depends on how much time you have in the day. Like i said calories dense food helps, eating lots of PB (protein + fats), nuts, using oils with food, Poptarts (400 calories per pack), ext
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50) M1G will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Preach brotha!

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, either is fine. Pick a protein based on what you enjoy most.

Neither one or the other will help more with building muscle. To gain muscle & size you must be eating in a caloric surplus, as mentioned above. Other awesome proteins to check out are Scivation Whey, ISO-Smooth, and Impact Whey.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pick one with a flavor you will enjoy. Can't really go wrong with either.
    Maybe add oils/banana/peanut butter to a shake to help increase your daily calories.
    50% of my posts are 100% factual

Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just got an email on this today in which a study was done on increasing caloric intake (via increase in protein only) and it showed that those that were in the group that increased calories via protein intake only did not gain any weight. Don't know if I can post link in here to anabolic ....
    Previous Logs:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163204351
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163179741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163056781

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Blends are superior to either casein or whey alone.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Which one is better for building muscle ( I am trying to gain muscle not lose weight.)? Which is better quality? dont want to be putting weird chemicals or not quality things in my body.
    Like many others have said, you're 18 - you should be focusing on eating a lot and training hard to build muscle.

IF you are concerned about not hitting protein minimums through whole food, ON uses top quality ingredients/processing for their Gold Standard protein. A lot of people like Trutein b/c of flavor. I used to buy Gold Standard religiously but since trying several other brands, i find their protein tastes somewhat bland.

My top protein choices in terms of quality and flavor:

-Cellucor Cor-Whey - most all flavors are great, their chocolate beats Gold Standard by a mile, Cinnamon Swirl tastes like cinnamon toast crunch. Price is always competitive with other brands as well if you buy the Performance Stack.
    -PES Select - Snickerdoodle is probably my favorite tasting protein. Great macros too - 110 cal/serving with 24 g of protein
    Always picks #7 crew
    Positive crew

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, as others said make sure your diet is in order before worrying about protein powder. Neither is "better" for building muscle. Both are high quality proteins. You would probably benefit from buying some small tubs or samples from each and using that to decide.
    YOU > Bladen

enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enjoiskating15 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Right now I'm taking gold standard and I love it, I still have yet to try trutein though.
    "I'm not there yet, but I look better than I did yesterday."
    "Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it."

Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000) Ruckus91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Although everything above is true, it's not a bad idea to have a protein powder as part of your arsenal to use when you need it. Sometimes cooking gets tough when you're busy and a scoop of protein can be a godsend.

Personally, I would be shocked if anyone would pick ON GS over Trutein based on taste. If taste is what you're looking for, pretty much any Trutein flavor will be good. I have tried most of them, the only one I really didn't like was Chocolate Mint, which was really weird.

My first choice would probably be Cinnamon Roll, PB Cookie Marshmallow, or Red Velvet.
    Cologne Crew

compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Blends are superior to either casein or whey alone.
    This.

If we're talking flavor, I prefer Trutein since PB Marshmallow Cookie is one of my Top 3 favorite flavors out there.