prologic08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some advice choosing the right supplements for my routine

Please note, this is my first post so I'm preparing myself to be **** on and I accept that.. I'm here to learn.

I am 34 y/o 5'11" 185lbs. I NEVER went to the gym up until March of last year. I started eating healthier but need to try a bit harder.

What I am looking to get out of my gym experience is to look cut on my stomach and arms while keeping my body weight at 180lbs. Basically look good at the beach..

Now I like my supplements but I am an idiot when it comes to choosing what's best for me and stacking. Here is a list of what my workout routine was and the supplements I tried..
    I just did random machines and other equipment. I had no routine at this time...

Bullnox Androrush (30 min before workout)
    Con-Cret (30 min before workout)

Eventually I decided to try the Muscle Pharm Bizzy 21 day diet and workout but tweaked it to use more of the machines at my gym. Just a preference. I like the machines..

Syntha-6 Protein shake (twice a day in the morning and about an hour and a half before workout at 6pm)
    Con-Cret (30 min before workout)
    Cellucor Super HD (in the morning and afternoon)
    Muscle Pharm CLA Core(morning and afternoon)
    Muscle Pharm Assault (30 min before workout)
    Animal Pak (in the morning,1 pack)

Once the 21 days was done, I have stayed consistent with the workouts since then doing upper on Monday and Thursday and lower on Tuesday and Friday. I workout the muscle groups that the bizzy diet requires but I just use the machines that work the same muscle. The only time Im not using the machines is either for a bicep curls or medicine ball twists.

A month ago, I have since switched to a different stack but I don't think it was a good idea.

Syntha-6 Protein shake (twice a day in the morning and about an hour and a half before workout at 6pm)
    RSP Nutrition CreAde (30 min before workout)
    All American EFX Karobolyn (30 min before workout)
    Pro Supps I-Load (30 min before workout)

Yesterday, I switched back to:
    RSP Nutrition CreAde (30 min before workout)
    Muscle Pharm Assault (30 min before workout)

As you can see, I don't know what to choose. I was also considering switching things up again and seeing what a testosterone booster or prohormone would do.. I need direction people..

My workout routines consisted of one month doing
    6 sets of 6 at heaviest weight. I do 3 sets, move to the next machine, do 3 sets and when I am done with all machines I start again with 3 sets of 6.

Upper:
    Chest press machines (6 sets of 6 @ 155lbs)
    Seated cable row (6 sets of 6 @ 148lbs)
    Shoulder press machine (6 sets of 6 @ 80lbs)
    Dumbell curl or barbell curl (6 sets of 6 @ 40lbs dumbbell or 6 sets of 6 @ 75lbs barbell)
    Triceps Extension machine(there are 2 of the machines that work slightly different.I do 3 sets on each) (6 sets of 6 @ 90 or 125 depending on the machine)

Lower:
    Leg press (4 sets of 60 @ 180lbs)
    Crunch Machine (4sets of 50; 20 @ 125, 10 @ 145, 10 @ 165, 10 @ 185)
    Calf raise machine (4 sets of 50 @ 25lbs)
    Medicine ball twists (4sets of 50 @ 12lbs)

This month I am back to 4 sets of 20. I do one set and move to the next machine:

Upper:
    Chest press machines (4 sets of 20 @ 95lbs)
    Seated cable row (4 sets of 20 @ 110lbs)
    Shoulder press machine 4 sets of 20 @ 55lbs)
    Dumbell curl (4 sets of 20 @ 25lbs)
    Triceps Extension machine(there are 2 of the machines that work slightly different.I do 3 sets on each) (6 sets of 20 @ 65 or 85 depending on the machine)

Lower:
    Leg press (4 sets of 60 @ 180lbs)
    Crunch Machine (4sets of 50; 20 @ 125, 10 @ 145, 10 @ 165, 10 @ 185)
    Calf raise machine (4 sets of 50 @ 25lbs)
    Medicine ball twists (4sets of 50 @ 12lbs)

So this is my routine...What I am looking for though is to find a good stack for myself that would work well for what my workout routine is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First and foremost: stay away from prohormones, especially right now. You need to build up your basic strength and taking PH's is simply a shortcut to that which can bring about nasty side effects, as well as injuries. You're not ready for prohormones if you're still asking about which supplements to take and don't even have a proper program you're following (and use primarily machines, at that). I'm just looking out for you here.

Next I'd say you need to get a program going, find one on this site. Getting a program and sticking to it is more important than which supplements you take. Stop being so afraid of free weights. Put your ego aside and start bench pressing with a barbell with light plates. You'll grow faster.

To answer your question about which supplements to take:

You're on a good path with the multivitamin and protein. Both of those are good products. Truthfully, the only supplements that anybody can really justify pitching to a novice are creatine monohydrate, multivitamins, joint support, and protein. Use protein as a supplement to dietary protein only, when possible. Remember these are supplements.

Preworkout is a matter of personal preference, I love bullnox, had a decent experience with iron pump but the taste was putrid. Animal pump was good (too many pills between that, the pak, and animal flex, which I also take). Whatever you find gives you the best work out is what you should use.

Honestly most supplements become a matter of personal preference. The honest truth is that it doesn't matter what you choose for the most part. The only thing that matters is what works for you and that you're not using the totally ****ty brands you find at walmart.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your supplements won't determine the results of a workout routine. Whatever pre workout, protein powder, multi vitamin and creatine you choose is based on your preference. The CLA won't help much and I'm not sure how necessary the carbohydrate supplements are because you haven't provided much information about your diet.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP the first thing I would do is start with diet/training. Supplements are just that supplements and won't be very beneficial without the proper diet/training in place first. 95% of all mass gains and weight loss start with the proper diet/training.. So your goals should be based around your diet/training.. Here's a few links to get you going in the right direction:

Calculating Calories and Macronutrients
    Nutrition
    Workout Routines
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You came to a good spot to get some feedback on what you're doing. Never be afraid to ask. Couple suggestions. I would suggest if you're only taking one Pak per day to take it with the first meal you eat After training. Take advantage of the ingredients when your body best absorbs and utilizes nutrition. Also, for protein I would have a shake first thing after waking like you are which is good because your body is starving all night while you're asleep. If possible I would throw a little oatmeal in there, instant works best imo, even like a half cup shake it up let is soak in a minute then down the hatch. You get some good slow burning energy for your day and help replenish your glycogen a bit as well. The second shake I would take immediately After your training session. This will get you a quick hit of protein at the most important time of the day for you.

As others have mentioned above, get disciplined. Being tight with your diet and training regimen are the two most crucial aspects results. Cutting or bulking its got to be down pat.

I'd like to help out if you'd be interested. I know in the beginning before you're stocked up it feels like this is a rich man's sport at times so I'd like to send a 2lb tub of Animal Whey, pick chocolate, Vanilla, or Cookies n' Cream. Send me a PM with your full name and address and i'll get some out to you.

Its good for post workout especially as it is mostly Isolate, which is absorbed very quickly.
    Animal Pak: 30 years strong....

If my PM box is full hit me up at my office:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111327681

Forum: http://forum.animalpak.com/

Site: www.animalpak.com

New Universal Site: http://www.universalusa.com

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    OP the first thing I would do is start with diet/training. Supplements are just that supplements and won't be very beneficial without the proper diet/training in place first. 95% of all mass gains and weight loss start with the proper diet/training.. So your goals should be based around your diet/training.. Here's a few links to get you going in the right direction:

Calculating Calories and Macronutrients
    Nutrition
    Workout Routines
    OP, click on these links and read. Especially the one on workout routines. Congrats on trying to better yourself however you are going about it the wrong way. You need a good lifting program and yours needs work.