afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10)

flat dumbbell v barbell bench

for whatever reason i cant seem to get a pump on flat barbell bench anymore. thinking about switching to flat db and maybe doing incline bb over db. anyone else have this problem on flat bench?

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's personal preference. I've never liked flat bb bench.
    If it isn't working for you, then you're not going to loose muscle by switching to something that will work.

Plus, when people ask "how much you bench?" you don't have to get into that whole ego paradox because you don't bench conventionally.

Try switching. Be consistent for a few months. If you don't see results then. Try something else
    There is no substitute for hard work

afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10) afries is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by THElabCHIMP View Post
    It's personal preference. I've never liked flat bb bench.
    If it isn't working for you, then you're not going to loose muscle by switching to something that will work.

Plus, when people ask "how much you bench?" you don't have to get into that whole ego paradox because you don't bench conventionally.

Try switching. Be consistent for a few months. If you don't see results then. Try something else
    ok thanks i may make the switch for a few months and see what happens. i may also do incline first (possibly barbell not sure, i get decents pumps with both incline db and bb)

bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya dude switching to some DB work would be beneficial. you could even throw a smith machine bench in there or hammer flat press. unless your powerlifting you dont ONLY have to do flat bb bench for pec development. for me if i dont feel it i dont do it.
    Team Representative for Formutech Nutrition

www.formutechnutrition.com

Originally Posted by bdzemske View Post
    ya dude switching to some DB work would be beneficial. you could even throw a smith machine bench in there or hammer flat press. unless your powerlifting you dont ONLY have to do flat bb bench for pec development. for me if i dont feel it i dont do it.
    i've always thrown in some db work mainly incline sometime flat too but im going to drop flat barbell all together for the time being. i don't powerlift only want to work on getting a bigger chest