secretunicorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new girl looking for program - ashley conrad clutch or jamie eason live fit ?

Hi I'm new and looking to start a program just wondered which of these anyone would recommend for a female beginner? I work out and do cardio but just beginning weights more seriously. I don't really want to build a lot more visible muscle than I have now (none haha) just loose fat but I understand I probably need to gain some to do this! I'm 5ft tall and 105lbs at the moment. Would be great to have some quick results to encourage me then go into a longer maintenance plan so was thinking of doing Cut to start me off even though it looks quite challenging, then Jamie Eason?

Any thoughts/ feedback appreciated or any beginners who have competed these. Thanks !

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why you think you are going to build visible muscle? You are a chick, not going to happen, your T is so low and so many other factors. You will get toned by actually lifting, unless you carry more T than your average female
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Adding or losing muscle ultimately comes down to diet.

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Voxmusculus View Post
    Adding or losing muscle ultimately comes down to diet.
    I think the OP is concerned about looking like one of those BB chicks who compete, we all know what they on.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by secretunicorn View Post
    Hi I'm new and looking to start a program just wondered which of these anyone would recommend for a female beginner? I work out and do cardio but just beginning weights more seriously. I don't really want to build a lot more visible muscle than I have now (none haha) just loose fat but I understand I probably need to gain some to do this! I'm 5ft tall and 105lbs at the moment. Would be great to have some quick results to encourage me then go into a longer maintenance plan so was thinking of doing Cut to start me off even though it looks quite challenging, then Jamie Eason?

Any thoughts/ feedback appreciated or any beginners who have competed these. Thanks !

It works the same for everyone, regardless of gender or age; first work to build some muscle, then refine it. You won't get muscle-bound overnight, so put that thought out of your mind.

Jamie Eason busts her tail in the gym, training as hard and heavy as she's able. If you aspire to have a similar physique, you'll have to do the same.

I'm not a fan of split programs for beginners. Much-more-timely progress will be made by training on a 3-day, full-body program. Here's one of the better ones, along with everything else you'll need in order to move forward towards your goal:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

If you don't know how to perform any of the exercises in this program, look them up here to learn how to do them correctly:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Guessing at portion sizes or relying on food package information will fail you. Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinzCapp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It works the same for everyone, regardless of gender or age; first work to build some muscle, then refine it. You won't get muscle-bound overnight, so put that thought out of your mind.

Jamie Eason busts her tail in the gym, training as hard and heavy as she's able. If you aspire to have a similar physique, you'll have to do the same.

I'm not a fan of split programs for beginners. Much-more-timely progress will be made by training on a 3-day, full-body program. Here's one of the better ones, along with everything else you'll need in order to move forward towards your goal:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

If you don't know how to perform any of the exercises in this program, look them up here to learn how to do them correctly:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Guessing at portion sizes or relying on food package information will fail you. Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    Great advice! As a woman who has been lifting for over 10 years, I can tell you, it's NOT easy to build muscle. If you do, it will only look like you're "toned", not big and bulky. Plus, lifting burns tons of calories and increases metabolism. I would focus on lifting heavy, progressive overload, basic compound exercises. It's hard to get quick results, so if that is your mindset, I think you will get discouraged. Think of as a lifelong journey!
    Lindsay Cappotelli TeamMuscleTech
    lindsaycappotelli.blogspot.com

Cyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by secretunicorn View Post

They're both top-level trainers and both programs are good to follow. I've done both. Ashley Conrad's Clutch Cut is more circuit-style, cardio based where Jamie Eason's Live Fit focuses more on lifting for the first month to build a base and then incorporates splits and cardio. They both have two other training programs online too. Ashley has a home based workout system and Jamie is currently running "From Flat to All That" which focuses alot on legs and glutes.

If you follow them on FB or Instagram they are really good at answering questions. Hope that helps! Good luck on your journey.
    -Cyn
    www.CynthiaVespia.com

ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000) ComptonMK is just really nice. (+1000)
    people givin their most accurate advices only for them ladies tho,
    glad everything's laid out for you

Good luck