nicktgarcia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Normal or Abnormal

This is the second place I've posted this. The other is in teen bodybuilding. I'm not sure this is the right category as I'm new here. I was in gym one day and we went to the weight room, and I decided to do some leg presses. I did about 15 sets with 10 reps each set. I started at 275 for the first 4 reps then I moved up to 375 for the next 2, then I finally got up to 475 for the last 4 but I couldn't continue any further because we ran out of weights 😂😂. Is this normal?

taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000) taxgeek is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not abnormal. Remember, because the platform is at an angle, you are not pushing 100% of the weight. It's probably somewhere around 60%. 60% of 500 is 300, so reality is you were probably at most pushing a little under 300 lbs. That's respectable for a young person and/or a beginner, but you don't need to be stable and you don't need to push any of your own body weight so it's not amazing.

Still, props to you for working hard and giving a crap about your legs. I didn't do either when I was 15.

GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It should be pretty normal, especially we consider two things (that I can think of):

Bodyweight: The heavier a person is, they should be able to lift more weight - hence why we have weight classes. You are 362lbs, so you should be able to start lifts higher than people who are lighter.

Half/Third/Quarter/Eighth/Tenth Reps: If you don't break or come close to parallel, it doesn't count.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKI5-ppcYEk

Leg presses aren't the same as squat, so it's not 475lbs press =/= 475lbs squat
    tfw stalled for 2 years gg

Lifts (weak):
    Bench: 75lbs ->185lbs
    Squat: 115lbs -> 225lbs
    Deadlift: 115lbs -> 265lbs

Originally Posted by GrantKevin View Post
    It should be pretty normal, especially we consider two things (that I can think of):

Bodyweight: The heavier a person is, they should be able to lift more weight - hence why we have weight classes. You are 362lbs, so you should be able to start lifts higher than people who are lighter.

Half/Third/Quarter/Eighth/Tenth Reps: If you don't break or come close to parallel, it doesn't count.

Leg presses aren't the same as squat, so it's not 475lbs press =/= 475lbs squat

Was I doing my leg presses wrong because I was bringing my knees all the way up to my chest and almost locking my knees but i didn't.

GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrantKevin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nicktgarcia View Post
    Was I doing my leg presses wrong because I was bringing my knees all the way up to my chest and almost locking my knees but i didn't.
    Did they look like this?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZxyjW7MPJQ
    tfw stalled for 2 years gg

Lifts (weak):
    Bench: 75lbs ->185lbs
    Squat: 115lbs -> 225lbs
    Deadlift: 115lbs -> 265lbs

Originally Posted by GrantKevin View Post
    Did they look like this?
    Yea but my back was parallel to the ground.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cool story bruh