Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Weight Loss Log

Just thought it would be interesting to post my journey as I go along. Been off and on with diet for a while. I hope this will be a bit more motivation to keep me on track.

Height: 5' 8
    Current Weight: 176.6lbs
    Goal Weight: 148lbs
    Current Calorie Goal: 1,928

Day 1 (8/15/14):

Diet:
    Breakfast (10 calories):
    -Supplements (Listed below)

Lunch(690 calories):
    -Old-Fashioned White Bread (Sunbeam): 2 slices
    -Mustard (Heinz): 5 tsp
    -Deli Fresh Smoked Turkey Breast (Oscar Meyer): 10 oz.
    -Whole Milk: 2 cups

Dinner (1,260 calories):
    -Medium Supreme Pizza Pan (Pizza Hut): 4 slices
    -Double Stuffed Oreos (Nabisco): 2 cookies

Water: 3 Liters

Workout:
    -None

Supplements:
    D3 Vitamin Pill (1000 IU)
    Fish Oil Pill (1000 IU)
    MultiVitamin

Nutritional Value:
    Calories: 1960
    Total Fat: 87g
    Saturated Fat: 33g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 275mg
    Sodium: 6135mg
    Potassium: 835mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 196g
    Dietary Fiber: 9g
    Sugars: 51g
    Protein: 110g
    Vitamin A: 72%
    Vitamin C: 179%
    Calcium: 117%
    Iron: 114%

Comments:
    Woke up today around noon. Skipped breakfast and had a small lunch so I had a lot of calories left for dinner. Pizza was a nice surprise. Finishing my water now. About to browse the internet then head to bed. Lifting and cardio starts Monday.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by blaynenaufel; 08-15-2014 at 10:37 PM.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What lifting program?

No fruits or vegetables?

blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blaynenaufel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    What lifting program?

No fruits or vegetables?
    Hi. Thanks for stopping by. My lifting program is Version 2 of the Beginner Routine from aworkoutroutine.com

A:
    Squat:3x8
    Bench:3x8
    Row:3x8
    Tricep Pressdown:1x10

B:
    Deadlift:3x8
    Lat Pulldown:3x8
    OHP:3x8
    Bicep Curl:1x10

As for the fruits and veggies, I didn't eat any today. I'll have some in the next few days probably. The diet is IIFYM essentially.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by blaynenaufel View Post
    Hi. Thanks for stopping by. My lifting program is Version 2 of the Beginner Routine from aworkoutroutine.com

A:
    Squat:3x8
    Bench:3x8
    Row:3x8
    Tricep Pressdown:1x10

B:
    Deadlift:3x8
    Lat Pulldown:3x8
    OHP:3x8
    Bicep Curl:1x10

As for the fruits and veggies, I didn't eat any today. I'll have some in the next few days probably. The diet is IIFYM essentially.
    I'm not sure you truly grasp what IIFYM is all about.

I'm not sure you truly grasp what IIFYM is all about.
    What leads you to believe this?

What leads you to believe this?
    The fact that you think it means eat anything you want without consideration of vitamins and minerals.

More whole foods, fruits and vegetables then discretionary calories. Not just all discretionary calories.

The fact that you think it means eat anything you want without consideration of vitamins and minerals.

More whole foods, fruits and vegetables then discretionary calories. Not just all discretionary calories.
    But is that not the point? You can eat any food as long as you are reaching your macros? Of course the focus here is primarily on body composition and not health directly.

But is that not the point? You can eat any food as long as you are reaching your macros? Of course the focus here is primarily on body composition and not health directly.
    If you are not focusing on direct health then you are doing it wrong. The reason IIFYM gets such a bad wrap is better people want to push it to the extremes and eat like it's a party everyday as long as macros are met. Either way, it's your journey and your log so obviously they're your choices.

If you are not focusing on direct health then you are doing it wrong. The reason IIFYM gets such a bad wrap is better people want to push it to the extremes and eat like it's a party everyday as long as macros are met. Either way, it's your journey and your log so obviously they're your choices.
    Alright. Thank you for the advice. I'll incorporate more whole foods as time goes on.

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright. Thank you for the advice. I'll incorporate more whole foods as time goes on.
    Just ignore MrM27, he's kinda angry and trolls every thread. I do agree you should incorporate more whole foods into your diet, though it's nice having that "cheat" day with pizza/burgers/wings/etc, yet still fitting in your macros.

That workout you're doing is a good way to build strength, keep it up and good luck!

Originally Posted by Strobe57 View Post
    Just ignore MrM27, he's kinda angry and trolls every thread. I do agree you should incorporate more whole foods into your diet, though it's nice having that "cheat" day with pizza/burgers/wings/etc, yet still fitting in your macros.

That workout you're doing is a good way to build strength, keep it up and good luck!
    So you tell him to ignore me but give him the same advice. Brilliant. You have a vision of me on what I show you. We aren't on the same playing field. Not even the same sport. I've given plenty of solid advice to people. It's just your little crowd that is overly sensitive and think you're a bunch of snowflakes.

Feel free to say whatever you'd like about me but just like I've told your friends, you opinion of me is irrelevant due to your level of insignificance.

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you tell him to ignore me but give him the same advice. Brilliant. You have a vision of me on what I show you. We aren't on the same playing field. Not even the same sport. I've given plenty of solid advice to people. It's just your little crowd that is overly sensitive and think you're a bunch of snowflakes.

Feel free to say whatever you'd like about me but just like I've told your friends, you opinion of me is irrelevant due to your level of insignificance.
    If it's irrelevant then why did you respond to me? Slightly hypocritical.

If it's irrelevant then why did you respond to me? Slightly hypocritical.
    Lol. Focus more on making progress and less on me.

GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck dude. Will follow along.

My only advice is that if you are going to eat Pizza Hut, do yourself a favor and get the Cheesy Bites crust. USA! USA! USA!
    7/09/14 - 250 lbs
    5/02/15 - 176.2 lbs
    7/31/15 - 187.8 lbs

Losing Fat Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162925161&page=22

Thanks. I plan on sticking with it for as long as I can!

Originally Posted by GravyVeins View Post
    Good luck dude. Will follow along.

My only advice is that if you are going to eat Pizza Hut, do yourself a favor and get the Cheesy Bites crust. USA! USA! USA!
    Yes! Maybe I can fit that into my macros sometime in the upcoming week.

Day 2 (8/16/14):

Diet:
    Breakfast (10 calories):

Lunch(870 calories):
    -Original (5lb Container) Butter (Country Crock): 1 Tbsp
    -Cheddar Cheese - Shredded (Kroger): 1/2 oz
    -Old-Fashioned White Bread (Sunbeam): 2 slices
    -Large Fried Egg (Kroger): 2 eggs
    -Deli Fresh Smoked Turkey Breast (Oscar Meyer): 1/2 container
    -Banana (Dole): 1 banana

Dinner (1,055 calories):
    -Medium Supreme Pizza Pan (Pizza Hut): 3 slices
    -Double Stuffed Oreos (Nabisco): 2 cookies
    -Whole Milk: 1/2 cup
    -Diet Mt. Dew: 1 can

Water: 3 Liters

Workout:
    -None

Supplements:
    Fish Oil Pill (1000 IU)
    MultiVitamin

Nutritional Value:
    Calories: 1935
    Total Fat: 85g
    Saturated Fat: 37g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
    Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
    Cholesterol: 608mg
    Sodium: 6231mg
    Potassium: 625mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 178g
    Dietary Fiber: 10g
    Sugars: 46g
    Protein: 105g
    Vitamin A: 99%
    Vitamin C: 182%
    Calcium: 116%
    Iron: 124%

Comments:
    Guys, I wanted to breakdown and snap so badly today and eat a whole pack of Oreos and drink a whole gallon of milk. I had just a little of both for dinner, and it suppressed my urge to cheat. Feels good. Just going to finish my water and watch some YouTube videos. Sometimes I look at pictures of food on the internet when I'm hungry. I might start leaving my findings each time I post. So, until tomorrow.
    Attached Images

Lol why ya gotta post those fries. SO GOOD. I had some killer low-cal chicken tacos tonight. ~220 calories a pop with 15-20 g protein and really good.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chic...0000001973611/

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Actually you've got it wrong.
    IIFYM is about:
    1. eating to a macronutrient target
    2. BUT primarily eating a well balanced, healthy diet
    2. THEN filling extra / having some treats / less healthy meals

OP, you got one hell of a powerhouse in Fitness and Nutrition^^^ to comment in your thread. Hopefully you realize that when people come in giving advice just because it doesn't support your ideas and support misguided thoughts, it doesn't mean that are dumb, trolls and mean. They just don't agree with things just to be "nice" like some people do. Your diet needs to change and if you listen to only one person, it should be Emma

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    IIFYM is about:
    The whole point of IIFYM is for people to move away from rabbit food. Does that mean OP should eat pizza every day? No. But he's still fitting it in his macros soooooo...yeah.

http://iifym.com/what-is-iifym/

Nothing OP is doing contradicts the information on that page. Maybe OP's diet isn't the same as yours, but that doesn't make it wrong. Everyone is different. Everyone responds differently to various diets/foods/etc.

The whole point of IIFYM is for people to move away from rabbit food. Does that mean OP should eat pizza every day? No. But he's still fitting it in his macros soooooo...yeah.

http://iifym.com/what-is-iifym/

Nothing OP is doing contradicts the information on that page. Maybe OP's diet isn't the same as yours, but that doesn't make it wrong. Everyone is different. Everyone responds differently to various diets/foods/etc.
    Do you even realize who's advice you are weakly attempting to debate. A proven success in this game vs you, that is still a looooooong way away from anything.

Do you even realize who's advice you are weakly attempting to debate. A proven success in this game vs you, that is still a looooooong way away from anything.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    How about we don't use people's logs to argue?

Take it somewhere else.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    How about we don't use people's logs to argue?

Take it somewhere else.
    No problem. Done.

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MrM27 may be a douchebag, but I agree with him on this. Here are some points about nutrition people forget when they rockin' macros:

1. Not all carbs are created equally. The idea is to use low GL carbs, like oatmeal, rice, potatoes, carrots etc. Not wheat (bread and pizza) and not processed sugar. You can't have a bag of skittles then say, "nice, I hit my carb macros already!"

2. Not all fats are created equally. If you hit your fat macros with nothing but saturated fat, you're not only eating way too much saturated fat, but you're missing out on HEALTHY fats, like mono- and poly-unsaturated types. Why not "macro your macros" and split your fats in thirds; one third saturated, one third monounsaturated and one third polyunsaturated (and ensure you get FISH oil, like you're already taking, not just all flaxseed oil)? I'm not going to type 1000 words to explain fats, but check out Lyle McDonald's view on them here:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/category/nutrition/fat

3. If the only thing that mattered was hitting your macros, why not eat two cups of sugar in the morning, drink 100ml of bacon fat at lunch, and then eat poultry by-product meal for dinner protein? Boom, all your macros, without eating any real food! Better yet, why not consider your macros as a delivery vehicle for micronutrients? Make the macros part of the process, not just a means to an end.

MrM27, you could at least try to be pleasant when you provide your feedback. Try the middle-management compliment sandwich technique. Here, let me go first.

MrM27, I like your pretty red shorts.

MrM27, you're a jerk sometimes.

MrM27, great job on your weight loss.
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know I shouldn't feed the fire (sorry OP), but I also hate ad hominem arguments.
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    IIFYM is about:
    Hey, Emma. It's an honor to have you in here. Thank you for the advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Day 3 (8/17/14):

Diet:
    Breakfast (10 calories):

Lunch(1290 calories):
    -Fried Cubed Steak: 12 oz
    -Sauted Onions: 1/2 cup
    -Garlic Bread: 5 inch slice
    -Mashed Potatoes: 8 oz

Dinner (990 calories):
    -Oreo Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake: 3 slices
    -Salt and Vinegar Sunflower Seeds (Lance): 1 pack

Water: 0.3 Liters

Workout:
    -None

Supplements:
    Fish Oil Pill (1000 IU)
    MultiVitamin

Nutritional Value:
    Calories: 2,440
    Total Fat: 129g
    Saturated Fat: 44g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
    Cholesterol: 460mg
    Sodium: 2245mg
    Potassium: 0mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 316g
    Dietary Fiber: 12g
    Sugars: 129g
    Protein: 74g
    Vitamin A: 82%
    Vitamin C: 106%
    Calcium: 89%
    Iron: 132%

Comments:
    So, my mom cooked me a going away meal before I left to come back to college, so I enjoyed that. Then when I got home I went to a diner and got a slice of Oreo cake. I tried to replicate the best I could in my calorie tracker app. I even have pics to share with you guys. Gym starts tomorrow and HIIT. Until tomorrow, folks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by blaynenaufel; 08-17-2014 at 10:14 PM.